Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Rough ride for delia ??

With the current state of affairs re worthy (everybody except the board feels he should resign) does anyone think that realistically if things continue the heat will be turned up on Delia ? If the board are adament that he should stay and our poor results continue, it''s logical that Delia would become the target.

I don''t think the board can take any blame for the current position we are in.  They have given Worthy more backing (loyalty wise and financially) than any other City manager has enjoyed.

Many of us want him gone but I do respect the board for backing him.  At the end of the day the have a lot loose and at least they have the courage of their conviction.

i agree with you, but if this ''protest aginst the manager'' is not solved and everyone is reluctant to point any fingers in delia''s direction irrespective of results, relegation, form  etc then this whole affair seems rather pointless. If the board maintain a worthy must stay attitude then are u suggesting that everybody will be quite content ??

[quote]i agree with you, but if this ''protest aginst the manager'' is not solved and everyone is reluctant to point any fingers in delia''s direction irrespective of results, relegation, form etc then this wh...[/quote]

I think at the end of the day if this form continues then Worthy will go.  The board are not stupid and they know the penalties for not getting in the Premiership after the end of next season.  I''m sure behind closed Delia and Co have let Nigel know where he stands and what is expected of the team.

I really think Nigel needs to go but it is massive decision for the board to take.  It''s easy for anyone who is not involved with the club to make that decision as there are no repercussions for you.  For Delia and the board there is as much to lose by sacking Worthy as there is by keeping.  It''s like the difference between shouting at your TV with the answer to Million pound question on "Who wants to be a millionaire?" and actually being in the seat yourself.  It''s a lot easier sat at home because you have nothing to lose

Like I said I think Nigel''s time has been and gone but we do have to try to appreciate the difficult position the board are in.  They could lose either way.