Sign in to follow this  
tom lansdale

boo boys are pathetic

[quote]pathetic for being absolutely disgusted with the lack of anything except laziness shown by players on more money per week than i earn in a year, and whats more its MY money paying their wages. i think...[/quote]

500 to 1000 in demo - there were not even 50.  Try and keep some credibility.

Dont fall into the trap of believeing that all the booing was for the manager. True, his ineptitude has reached new Hamiltonesque levels of incompetence with the garbage on display today, but there are also 11 very highly paid players out there in many cases going through the motions and giving about 30 per cent effort. Its not all down to worthington.

WE ARE HAVING A WORSE SEASON THAN UNDER HAMILTON! can you seriously not grasp this tom, dicky etc etc....u all bang on about worthless saving us from relegation in his first season, but 5years on and god knows how much more money spent by both club and fans, and WE ARE WORSE OFF! there will be protest outside AGM, and again after the cardiff game, win or lose. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

Sadly, I think myself and the vast majority of NCFC fans (including the boo boys/girls), will be "BOO HOO-ING" our eyes out at Christmas time if our fortunes aren''t reversed! I honestly believe we are walking on thin ice....and the AGM is the place to indicate to the ''powers that be'' that our current plight/situation, needs immediate rectification, and that they, (like a few of the posters on this forum!) need to remove their ''welder''s masks'' and see what is really occurring!

I respect the opinions of those who stand by the board, coaching staff, the current crop of players and Doris the Tea-Lady....But something has got to give, and at the moment we seem to trying to put a marshmallow into a ''Piggy-Bank!'' We have yet to play the ''big-guns'' plus the ''in form'' sides- and this is when it could get really scary! Dave Williams should be appointed tactical coach till the end of the season, with Worthy taking over from Doris- as she is due for retirement next month......Problem solved! "ON THE FALL CITY!" ;~)

[quote]500 to 1000 in demo - there were not even 50. Try and keep some credibility.[/quote]

Dicky, has it gotten so bad that we should blame the fans for the results on the field.

Blaming the fans for booing AFTER the game was over is a typical responce from the Worthy apologists.

I notice you never even mentioned the great support during the game.

The apologists have nothing positive left to say about Worthy or the performances so they resort to attacking those who "dare" to stand up and be counted.

The polls or the fans don`t lie. The vast majority of Norwich fans want a change in management.

"Calling for Worthington''s head won''t help matters, getting behind the team will".

Boll***s! I''ve been cheering my head off for all of our home games this season and look where it''s got us! I won''t boo the players, because they''re confused, demotivated and disorganised. I haven''t booed our excuse of a manager - yet! - but I can fully understand others doing so and i won''t condemn them.

How can people STILL say ''get behind the manager''? HOW???? 

I personally want craig, or tom or dicky to be my boss, because
after about my thirtieth lateness in a month they''d be understanding enough
to give me another chance.

eleven wins in fifty four, get behind the boss under what otherwalk
of life would you get that blind support. Because I''m a football
fan I''m a mug and should take it, get real, I''m a disgruntled
fan so I boo that''s life. The players and the manager should
be man enough to take it at the end of the game, if someone
starts hounding his kids at school or someone then you can come back and
have a go at someone for being a disgraceful fan.

I''d just like to ask: Assuming that we had a change of management, if we then went out and got battered at the next home game, would you still boo?

In which case it''s hardly aimed at the manager is it? More to the point, a boo that can be heard halfway up Rouen road isn''t exactly directional is it? If you''re a player who is struggling with confidence or whatever, how do you determine the target of the abuse?  Do you really think the players deliberately set out to disappoint?

how ridiculous to suggest that booing in place of cheering can possibly have anything but a negative effect. i am lost for words at the stupidity of it.

what kind of effect do you think that would have on the players, players who in many cases, such as ashton (re: the public support for worthington) are on good terms with the manager and support them?

to suggest we actually boycott vocally supporting the team for the sake of a vendetta...? outrageous.

i too think that this is a good time for a change in the managerial hotseat, but what makes you think that a suitable candidate is waiting in the wings? what possible benefit can putting pressure on the board do if there is no plan b? i would rather have nigel than no manager at all. and before anyone mentions people like david williams...why?? what do we know about the guy that makes us think he''s got the right credentials? the board and the club staff are the only people fit to make a judgement on him.

the board know the fans'' views, thanks to polls such as the one on the pink ''un, and they realise that nigel is hardly flavour of the month, and negative chanting is not needed to force the issue. all this will lead to is the board being forced into a corner, and us stuck with either no manager or a far more incapable one. if the board is put undeer pressure and need to find a manager quickly, we''ll end up with another bryan hamilton. and believe me, i''d prefer worthy any day.

yes. the club is in a mess. yes, it is possible worthington might need to go. BUT continue to supprt your club. don''t turn carrow road into a worthington hate show. thats no fun for anyone.

So, in your opinion, the people who voice their fully justified feelings are wrong to do so. No, it''s people like you who are wrong, the kind of people who rounded on us when we protested against Chase, the kind of people who are fooled by the weekly ''pat on the head'' treatment droned out during the post match/ defeat interviews.

After being a season ticket holder for many, many years, and having bailed out my beloved club with share issues, further share issues, travelling to countless away fixtures, and slavishly supporting and following them around this country and europe, putting up with the almost certain expectation of back to back defeats whilst in the prem and now in the coca-cola , and living through the days when our best players were sold to balance the books regardless of the knock on effect on the team, I feel that I''m totally justified in voicing my opinion.

It has been quoted in players memoirs that they hate it when a fan approaches them and states that ''I pay your wages'', well,over the years my money, and that of countless others has done exactly that, and I''m fully entitled to cheer them or boo them or the management, as the play and results dictate.

The current situation with our club is untenable whilst we continue to hide our heads in the sand, or accept the weekly mantra of ''work ethic, pleased with the overall performance, work ethic, roll our sleeves up, work ethic'', and so on ,ad nauseum, regularly trotted out by the man who is paid a vast salary to be in charge of our team. If he had any sympathy or real feeling for this club and it''s supporters, he would admit his inability to do the job and walk away whilst there is still time for us to salvage anything from this season. If he fails to do so, then I sadly predict that we will go the same way as Forest etc, and book our place on the slippery slope of back to back relegations.

Exactly how long do you think that he would survive in the big, bad outside world if he managed a business in this manner? This man is in reciept of a salary we can only dream about, and for what? His negative and naive tactics, team selections, formations, and letting personal disagreements with certain players on the training ground lead to that player being dropped unitl he''s ''learnt his lesson'' etc, have put us where we are, and I dread our next run of fixtures. I fully understand that there are precious few suitable candidates to take over the management of our club, but, something needs to be done, and done sooner rather than later. The board have given him their backing, but the vast majority of supporters have not. The polls speak for themselves.

I understand that certain players read these message boards, and I sincerely hope that they take note of the current groundswell of feeling on this matter, because when the crowd boo or dare to voice their opinion, at least it shows that we are bothered about our club, even if some of them are not. So, for pitys sake, do the decent thing Worthington, and go now!

The fact that there is a demonstration at all shows that there is a real depth of concern amongst fans about where the club is heading, it is not just a few fans trying to build a bandwagon. 

As Doncaster knows +/-40 o fans (STimes reported 100) following a Sheff Weds will grow considerably following a Cardiff defeat. 

The comparisons to Hamiltons reign are building; sadly my view has deepend to the view that a win against Cardiff is likely to only prolong the agony rather than herald a surge in confidence we so badly need - again I challenge worthy to prove me wrong.

OTBC

i can see where you are all coming from!everyone has dif opinions yeah?? i do think worthy will go but not yet, the board love him as he HAS done well previoulsy.but there are so many q''s to be asked, like the ashton lone striker?no hendo startn he playedd really well at brum!fleming at right back??he must wash worthys car to play hes past it!no jarrrett?charlton is rubbish! i know i cant stop you from booing but i do feel for some of the players when they hear this ie safri, doc, ashton, hucks, greeno and hughes, the thing that really annoys me is worthy is always upbeat but after realisng other views i feel it maybe right for him to go!or at least answer some questions, georoge burley os steve tilson anyone?i do love the club and IF wewere to go down then i would still be watching!

I travel from Stevenage for every home game and I was the closest I have been for a long time to boo''ing on Saturday.   I sit in the upper Barclay and that whole end of the ground errupted in boo''s.    My first emotion was anger at such a pathetic loss, but it quickly changed when I saw all the players heads in hands on their knees.  Those are not players that don''t care, those were players that tried their best and I felt sorry for them.   Then Hughes emerged head held high and arms up clapping and my sad emotion changed to proud.   I started clapping back at him and so did many others in my area, he went round the whole ground and was the only player to do so.   Well done Hughes!!!!!

I normally agree with the boo''ing, but when you see all those players so gutted, it has to be reigned in a bit.  At the same time though, Worthy needs to get the message.

The whole place was buzzing for the whole match, so a few minutes of boo''ing shouldn''t be frowned on so much.

On a positive note, I think Doc is awesome now, Davenport was quality, Hughes is immense and has more lungs than Holt, Safri is a legend and Drury, well he is just Drury and we don''t look the same without him.   Those players were awesome the rest need sorting out, especially Hux, he has nothing these days.

[quote]WRONG I am only 18 and paid £390 for my season ticket. I have every right to boo if i feel that the 11 players on the pitch, who are being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year are not ...[/quote]

I agree that your £390 entitles you to support the team in whatever manner you see fit, be it a positive or negative approach, its your choice.

BUT, Did it occur to you that this action won''t actually spark an improvement on the pitch, but more likely accelerate the players slump in confidence?? How the hell you expect this to encourage a failing team into better performances I don''t know.

If the team continually fails to perform, by booing them you will eventually get your wish and Worthington will be sacked. In addition, the likes of Ashton and Green will walk in January for probably reduced fees and we''ll stand no chance of replacing them and improving the squad. But thats what you want, right??

Heres a thought though...perhaps 25000 people encouraging them and willing them on to better performances might actually get the desired response. Unfortunately, like all boo boys, you''ve decided Worthy must go, its all his fault, and even an upturn in form won''t change this because you''ve become too focussed on the negatives.

Like I said, its your choice, just as it is mine.

rieg77, you like many other Worthy supporters continue to miss the point.    During the game the team could not have had more encouragement from the crowd.   There was a moment in the second half when I thought the noise the crowd was making was enough to push the ball into the net for the team, it was amazing and I was certain we would score.

Everyone on this board supports the team during the game, but it is their right to show frustration at the end.   You are comparing 90 minutes of Yella army songs, On the ball city, Deano Deano, etc. etc.   to about 45 seconds of boos.    If you haven''t got a decent argument don''t just come on here to have a go at people that boo at the end of a very disappointing game.

It strikes me that everyone that has admitted to boo''ing has their own constructive reasons for doing so and is prepared to share these with us.   All those against them are simply arguing against them for the sake of it, they have no reasoned constructive points to put across, apart from you should never boo your team     Stop following sheep and pretending to be the World''s best fans, grow some cahoona''s and make some points backed up with facts and use your own brains to express your own opinions.   All this bickering is getting me down

[quote]rieg77, you like many other Worthy supporters continue to miss the point. During the game the team could not have had more encouragement from the crowd. There was a moment in the second half when...[/quote]

And yet still the players lasting impression on the match would be that the crowd booed them off, chanting ''What a Load of Rubbish!!". Hmm...and you expect thm to get a positive vibe from this? Time and again, we have seen the cumulative effect of negativity on teams when poor performances are followed by overly critical responses from the crowd.

I was there too and for most of the match the crowd in the area in which I sit were on the players backs, being overly critical, culminating in the booing at the end.

I don''t miss the pointm, mate. Ultimately you reap what you sow and if what you want is a fresh start then so be it. Like I said...keep it up and you''ll get it.

I agree with you 100% that you''re entitled to support the team in any way you choose but don''t expect to get any improvement from what you''re doing - you can''t possibly argue that you''re helping the team can you?? The knock on effect of sacking Worthington could be a lot worse then giving him time to sort things out.

At the end of the day, it seems to me that some supporters have tasted success and developed an unrealistic perspective of where this club is and what its capable of. We are not a giant amongst minnows in this league and its unfair to set expectations as if we are.

So rieg the logical conclusion is to cheer and applaud the players from the pitch despite a level of performance that is so far below acceptable as to be a disgrace???  

Its a nice theory but it just does not add up - especially when the supprt during the game was good.  Citys support on match days remains good in spite of the performances and that is the sign of a true supporting fan base.

OTBC  

it is the attitude that we are not the big fish swimming with minnows from the board that has got us where we are today, no passion, no pride, not going out all guns blazing and destrying teams before half time.   We have the players, the stadium and the fan base to be the big fish, yet the Manager with his defensive tactics and playing favourites in any position he can squeeze them is holding us back.   That is where the frustration starts and culminates in boo''s because most fans can see that this team of players should be in the top 6 by now.

I have never boo''ed by the way, but don''t hold a grudge against those that do.

I''m sure like other people, that the booing is not aimed at our players, but is aimed at NW. When you pay up to and over £400 per season for a ticket, surely you are entitled to express your opinion of the performance at the end of the game. Personally, so far this season, with the exception of a 25-30 minute spell against Hull, I feel the performances have been dreadful, especially when you take in to account the very average opposition we are playing. Perhaps we should all just sit quietly, and watch us do a Forest. Remeber, they were also to good to go down!