Sign in to follow this  
tom lansdale

boo boys are pathetic

i know that norwich arent doing particularly well, but booing them and nigel off the pitch will certainly not help matters! We need to become a unit and back the players and nigel not boo, i know we pay alot of money to see them play week in week out me included only missed two games this year!im disappointed with them but i will continue to support them through thick and thin. im hoping the rest of you loyal fans who i see week in week out home and away will continue continue to support the club through this difficult time, maybe worthy should go and i dnt disagree with that because he seems to pick the wrong players for cetain positons, ie charlton centre midfield and thorne right wing???why?we do need answers, if he is to go then i think a good appointment would be either george burley who i know is an x scum manager but is good, or steve tilson of southend who seems to get the best out of what he has available

What makes even more pathetic is the fact you still support a manager who says the same things week in week out.we were pathetic out there today - full of no idea''s , no width and no clear cut chances all game. Remind me again how many times we cut the sheff wed defence to bits as they did ours!I show my support any way I like and don''t need you to tell me otherwise.Worthy Out

How are you supposed to show your displeasure at the current level of dire performances, a tut tutting or a shake of the head, the platers and management need to know the natives are not happy.

If I had been there I would have been livid enough to have expressed my feelings more emphatically than simply booing.

WRONG

I am only 18 and paid £390 for my season ticket.  I have every right to boo if i feel that the 11 players on the pitch, who are being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year are not providing value for money.

Booing is not nice but sometimes it needs to be done. 

By the way, booing does not make anyone a bad or un-loyal fan.  Its a sign of wanting their team which they love, perform as well as they should. 

I am not a fan who ''demands'' a win every game, as i know this is not possible, but what i do demand is 150 per cent commitment from EVERY SINGLE player for the full 90 mins.

On the ball city!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom - I think that everyone does, and will, support the team. The boos were aimed at our joke of a manager.

Listening to the game, I thought the fans were excellent today. Trying to lift the team, but the team not responding.I think they''ve got every right to boo after that.

I''m with Tom Lonsdale on this one i think that booing the players off the field will not do any good for the team''s sake, we need to encourage them not make them feel worse. Thorough thick and thin i will remain positive. Your''e the pathetic ones booing the team and the manager not Tom or me. i''ll tell you why as well because if you take a look at our  results so far this season then i think that you''ll find that Norwich haven''t lost anymore than 3 games in a row. Okay we''ve lost games but it''s not like we''ve lost 6 or 7 in a row so you know things haven''t been exactly great, and things haven''t exactly been bad either but let''s get one thing straight Norwich still have games to put things right. Calling for Worthington''s head won''t help matters, getting behind the team will. Take the Wolves fans for example when they got relegated from the Premiership they were moaning at the team and look where it got them nowhere and as a result they didn''t get promotion back to the Premiership. So therefore i think it''s better to remain positive than negative, as i think this will benefit our team and the manager. Being positive will get us out of this crisis we are in booing won''t.

SO COME ON NORWICH FANS LET''S LIVE UP TO WHAT WE ARE KNOWN AS..........

A FAMILY CLUB !

[quote]i know that norwich arent doing particularly well, but booing them and nigel off the pitch will certainly not help matters! We need to become a unit and back the players and nigel not boo, i know we p...[/quote]

Sorry Tom but i cant agree. We have all paid good money to watch our team play etc, so as supporters we have the right to boo whenever, if we feel that the performance(s) werent/arent good enough. End of! 

I am now firmly in the worthy must go camp but one thing i won''t do is boo , never will i do that did you see the players reaction at the final whistle when the booing started i was embarassed to be a norwich fan and when Hughes came to clap the Barclay end there were fans giving him the v sign a bloody disgrace and not a great way to support your team is it.

[quote]I''m with Tom Lonsdale on this one i think that booing the players off the field will not do any good for the team''s sake, we need to encourage them not make them feel worse. Thorough thick and thin i ...[/quote]

"Things haven''t actually been bad either"This is a joke, right?

I am also totally fed up with the performance of the "so called Team?" I do reserve the right to express my feelings in any way I desire.

As one caller said yesterday after the game we have won 11 games out of the last 54 or there abouts and this is just NOT good enough with the quality of the players we have.

I pay over £1000 per year for my family to watch this rubbish so its about time the players give something that they are payed for.

When 11 men who are paid a heck of a lot more per week than what most people dream of earning per month can''t motivate themselves to perform up to the standards set for them - i.e.getting the ball in the back of the opposition''s net whilst preventing the opposition from doing likewise, then yes, we have absolutely every right to "boo"!

If it were me out on that pitch I''d be doing my damndest to stuff the criticism right back down the fans throats and prove that I was the best!

Doesn''t seem to be happening though....

Maybe I am slightly skeptical but we have seen a lot of these posts from posters with 1 or 2 total posts.

The facts are I listened to the whole game today and the fans were nothing but magnificent.

If the players cannot respond to that support playing a pretty poor Shef Wed side then its further evidence that changes are needed.

Its simply ridiculous to blame the fans because they booed after the game was over.

Some of these people want to blame everybody but the management.

How Worthington was so upbeat in the post match interview I have no idea.

I have genuine fears that unless imediate action is taken we are going to get relegated.

I have never booed before, during or after the game. I don''t personally see the value in it. However, yesterday was, and I have thought through every word I know to describe it, disgusting.

Sheffield Wednesday are poor. They were one of 6-7 teams actually BELOW us at the start of play, with arguably no players anyone has ever heard of, and we were outplayed. From start to finish they had a gameplan, and we didn''t. They frustrated us, and, as my uncle said about two minutes before they scored "they look just as, if not more likely to score".

From this point of view I can understand the booing, but I assume it was mainly directed towards Worthy. He has lost the dressing room, and for all the players efforts after they scored, we didn''t pin them back or even look like scoring.

8 goals conceded in our last 3 league games against shite opposition. Totally unacceptable.

Worthy OUT

OTBC

I dont disagree with booing, but I couldnt bring myself to do it.

Yesterday was an absolute shambles and if I was a NCFC player would be embarrassed to take my wages this week.  But they will take it, it makes no difference whether they perform or not.  There is no incentive for them in my opinion.

If you cant boo you certainly would not clap, what can you do?  I feel 23,000 odd fans there yesterday have a right to show their concerns and emotions.  Yesterday wasnt a one off, its becoming a habit.

Sheffield Wednesday won their first away game of the season yesterday - its crap.

90 minutes of nothing but excellent support was rewarded by 90 minutes of atrocious football. I travelled 130 miles down to see it. The guy next to me came from Stoke, and someone behind me said they had come from London.

I would never boo anyone, and until yesterday, I would frown on anyone who boos. But - let''s be honest - yesterday was a new low. We were beaten by a team that we should have comprehensively beaten.

Something needs to be done, the board won''t, so we have to put the pressure on, and booing is one of few ways we can do that.

i notice that in the Interview, he sounded like we''d just won! i was fuming with the players and if i was manager id of said what i really felt!

jas

I am certainly not a boo boy, and i have been against the boo''s until the international break. The thing is people boo for all sorts of reasons, the performance, the result, the situation, but i have to say that i was surprised against Wednesday. Pleas for support were taken on board by the masses and the fans really got behind the players. Too demonstrate via a boo or other ways after the final whistle is entirely up to the individual, and at the end of the day when you look at the financial impact upon fans these days every fan has every right to make their displeasure known.

For me, the biggest issue (even more than the Nigel debate) is the fact that the fans are not getting answers. The club were very quick to back Nigel, but surely they must hear the same rumours we do. But it''s just not the rumours - honesty over many things goes a long way. Why was Safri allowed to travel ? Why isn''t Jarrett being used instead of Charlton ? Why is McVeigh suddenly not on the bench ? Why are we using Dean Ashton as a lone striker because Hucks is so wide ? Why has Jurgen Colin been dropped ? Why do we consistently have injured players ?The list is endless.

Accountability is a buzz word of the past few years in all walks of life. My feeling is that answers may well uncover a backlash in certain directions, but it might make fans a little more receptive. If the fans play such an important role, and we should get behind everyone concerned, don''t treat us with contempt.

I cant stand booing personally, I will never boo my team or the manager. Yesterday was awful, I never want to watch players slump to the floor with their head in their hands again, to the sound of boos ringing round the ground. So I stood up and clapped the team, because the only way is forward (with or without Worthy - though I think he should stay). And a few others clapped too. The problem at the moment is that the booing is louder than the clapping. There was even a ''We love you Worthy'' song if I remember rightly, and Hughes made an effort by clapping back towards the Barclay.

All in all a disappointing game to say the least, we looked ineffective and I dont know about anyone else but the tension between the players seemed palpable. I dont know the strength of any rumours about the dressing room, in fact I dont really know what the rumours are, but it didnt seem that all eleven were the best of friends. No one was up for the throw ins, Greeno''s direction from goal kicks was ignored, the list goes on.

Its frustrating, and its getting harder to defend Worthy, but Ill always support the team, and as such the manager in charge.

pathetic for being absolutely disgusted with the lack of anything except laziness shown by players on more money per week than i earn in a year, and whats more its MY money paying their wages. i think not - i think its pathetic to claim we''re not having a bad season because we "havent lost more than 3 in a row" - how ridiculous is that? i dont like turning on other fans, i dont always agree with them and thats fine, but when im told im not allowed to boo after wasting stupid amount of money, getting to and from the games, paying to get in, paying for food etc etc - its a different story. so heres how this one goes.... i CAN and WILL voice my disgust when players earning MY money for going onto a pitch for 90minutes and dont try or care. Cheering the 4th defeat in a row, 5/6 will surprisingly not help matters....at the moment we are an absolute disgrace, and in case nobody has noticed, WE ARE ONE SINGLE SOLITARY INDIVIDUAL POINT OFF THE BOTTOM.....so im sorry, but i will happily boo the players as pretending everything is all ok, will NOT help!

we are a one product business, if you bought an item from the shop and it never worked or did what you wanted, would you return it, voicing your displeasure or would you keep hold of it, in case things got better? because if you hold onto it too long the warranty will run out.

worthless isnt working, now do we replace him or hold on until the warranty has run out and we''re in league one?

and please dont ever tell me what to do again....ok booing isnt my favourite response to the team, but its a damn sight better than ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away....i pay hard earned cash to go see norwich, and if they are not even bothering to try then it is galling to watch. pathetic? im not, i just have the bottle to say when im unhappy, and as for the demo today there were between 500 and 1000 people there, and i expect there will far more on monday, and far more than that after cardiff beat us on tues....i love norwich which is why i boo, cuz i CARE. maybe you wouldnt mind seeing norwich go down the pan tom but i for one would prefer it if they didnt really.....which is why im voicing my displeasure now, before IT IS TOO LATE.

the keep the faithers said give worthless 10 games. hes had far more than that. look where we are.

To Tom and Craig,

I didn''t boo the players off the pitch today but I was bloody disappointed with their performance and that of the management.   Had all 20,000 + Norwich supporters cheered them off the pitch then what message would that send to the players and management.  I guess they would assume that although they had not performed, and let us all down, we were nevertheless happy.

The people who should receive the cheers are us supporters who spend thousands of pounds in season tickets and travelling costs.  We never let the team down despite some of the performances we are asked to watch.  Most of us don''t get thousands of pounds a week to do our job.

I will never boo the team, but after today''s display I have made the difficult decision not to go on Tuesday.  Ordinarily for a midweek game I would travel to work in London from Peterborough, leave work early and return home, then drive to Norwich to watch the game and get back home just before midnight. 

I may well regret this decision if we have a cracking victory against Cardiff, but despite being an optimist I just can''t see that happening.  Some might accuse me of not being a loyal supporter, but judging by the conversations around me today, mine will not be the only empty seat on Tuesday evening.

[quote]WRONG I am only 18 and paid £390 for my season ticket. I have every right to boo if i feel that the 11 players on the pitch, who are being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year are not ...[/quote]

Sorry, but I have to pick you up on this... On the one hand it''s unrealistic to expect a win every week, yet it IS realistic to expect 150% from every player. Now, the first of those is extremely unlikely, granted, but the other is physically impossible.

I get your point though. I think that booing during the game is simply counter-productive, and booing individual players is cruel, but it is fair that fans should be able to express their views after the game. We shell out money to be entertained, and if our entertainers don''t even try to put on a show then we have a right to show our dissappointment.

[quote]i know that norwich arent doing particularly well, but booing them and nigel off the pitch will certainly not help matters! We need to become a unit and back the players and nigel not boo, i know we p...[/quote]

Tom, sorry but you''re wrong. The boos were for the manager. I previously posted after the match to say that i personally dont think the players want the manager there any longer. The pressure that is on him is rubbing off on the players. He needs to go. And like everyone else, i dont think you can tell anyone not to boo. If you pay good money to go to a game you have the right to express your opinion. Come on Tom, we are Norwich City. Sheff wed are at the bottom of the league. Maybe the players really want him to go and therefore, are under performing. 

PS. get your worthless out chant ready for for the next match!!!!  

[quote]I would never boo our own players. You should support them through thick and thin.[/quote]

Can''t you read Hants Canary?, the fans were magnificent yesterday, they only booed a worthless manager after the game was over!.

You boo boys need to get your facts right before you start booing the players. Norwich City were the better team when you look at the facts. They show Norwich had 16 shots all together, 3 clear goalscoring opportunitys, 13 half chances. SHEFF WED had 9 shots all together, and only 1 of them they scored from. So Norwich really were the better team but they failed to score from the chances they scored. Sheff Wed got lucky with the 1 chance that came their way which scored. So really we can count ourselves unlucky not to have won the game. 

But despite creating alot of chances you still have to send a good team out there to do the job, and I think the manager didn''t do that. Worthington first of all needs to pick a team capable of denominating games. How do we expect to dominate games with Fleming at right back, who doesn''t even play there, how do we expect the winger to provide width with Brennan. How do we expect to score from our chances with Huckerby upfront, who always plays upfront, we have Ian Henderson on the bench who deserved his chance, having been in good form in recent games. You know that was all wrong.

The other concern for me is our style of play we are playing too much long ball. With the team that played we had limited resources from Brennan and Marney which meant we couldn''t go out wide which would suit us alot more, with HUCKS playing upfront we lost that asset. What we need to be doing as fans is looking at what went wrong and what has to be improved to get maximum successful results, in order for us to have a chance of going up. In other words look at other aspects what could be improved.

COME ON NORWICH FANS THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES THAN BOOING THE TEAM

LIKE OUR STYLE OF PLAY AND TEAM SELECTION

I was at the game yesterday and thought the support was excellent during the game. Even when Wedensday scored, the crowd seemed to do their best to lift the players. At the end of the game I was not surprised by the response. I could not bring myself to join in though. I also noticed that people round me applauded when Safri was announced man of the match and when Hughes came down our end.