Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Marney out for 3 months - ruptured Achilles

According to the official site, Marney will be out for 3 months.  he''s going back to Spurs for Treatment.  It just gets better doesn''t it.............................

How many QUALITY Midfielders? - 1 - Safri

Hughes is a younger version of Holt, who has the same distribution ability as Holt - poor.  I cannot see Henderson cutting the mustard at right midfield.  Jarratt looks so off the pace it''s unreal, Brennan''s not an attacking Midfielder, Rossi Jarvis can''t be risked and Charlton''s no Central Midfielder

Safri is still coming back to full fitness, and historically does get injured somewhat.  We can''t expect Safri to be ever present for the rest of this season.

I really, really hope that Jarrett pulls his sleeves up soon and warrants a place in central Midfield.  This could push Hughes across to the right flank, with Huckerby on the left and Jarrett/Safri in the middle.

[quote]According to the official site, Marney will be out for 3 months. he''s going back to Spurs for Treatment. It just gets better doesn''t it.............................[/quote]

Don''t panic Worthy is on the case, at this very moment he is looking for a defender or striker to fill the gap on the right of midfield.

Can we cancel the loan and get someone else in?  I am pretty sure its only if Spurs agree to it - perhaps we can have Sean Davis instead?!?  Sheesh - if there is a new manager he may not even want marney.

Down to three midfielders - will Jarrett or WLY make the bench tomorrow night or are they still in bad boys corner?

OTBC

[quote]how many midfielders do we have now? three?[/quote]

According to Worthy "we have a wealth of midfielders".

Erm! Hooze, JJ, Saffers

Charlton (Sorry he''s a left back)

Brennan (Sorry he''s a left back)

Hendo (Sorry he''s a forward)

Thorne (Sorry he''s a forward)

Erm? Rossi Jarvis (Sorry he''s too young and a product of the youth set up)

Erm?

Erm?

4-3-3 it should be tomorrow then.

[quote]Don''t panic Worthy is on the case, at this very moment he is looking for a defender or striker to fill the gap on the right of midfield.[/quote]

That was very funny Saint. I had a chuckle to myself.

WLY can fill the right side of midfield, that is if worthless hasn''t fallen out with him again!!

Now it''s beginning to dawn on me why we have 4 keepers! This whole midfield thing is woeful and appears to have been worked out on the same fag packet that pre-season was. Trying to second guess Worthy requires far more luck than judgement, but I wouldn''t be surprised to see Colin take the place. Great!

dun dun dun......... another bites the dust............

It''s very sad, but it bears out what practically everyone on this message board and others all predicted at the start of the season (oh, and last season too).

Our squad is too damn small and doesn''t have any midfield cover. Is it any wonder that injuries affect us so badly.

Other teams get them too, but don''t seem to suffer quite so much. I wonder why.