Sign in to follow this  
NWC

OT Andy Murray

I think has little chance of winning Sunday unless he maintains the form that one him the first 2 sets today.After those sets he looked a little off the pace - fitness?Mind you that Tsonga was raining down some proper bombs!!I bet he couldn''t believe his luck when Nadal went out. there will never be a better chance for him to win it.

Well done to Andy for reaching the Wimbledon final. First Brit for a long long time. I don''t know what it is about him but I just don''t like him. I hate to say it but I would rather see Federer win it on Sunday. Murray seems to have a chip on his shoulder with a big attitude problem. Anybody else think the same?

Currently 7-8 in Murray''s favour in terms of head-to-heads with Federer. I''d say he''s got a good enough chance of winning if he''s on form.

Not so much today, but in the last round, Murray was winning and yet still managed to make disgruntled moans and exclamations every time a point when against him - he didn''t even have to play a bad shot or be shouting in frustration at his own mistake, he just seemed like a grumpy bar steward to be honest!

I don''t like him at all. Not so much because of the Scottish/British thing, although that certainly didn''t endear many to his cause! It''s mostly because he seems to just be a whingey, whining, little plonker. He gets "injured" whenever it''s going badly for him. And even one of his opponents said earlier during Wimbledon that the other players on the tour just ignore all the prima donna drama on the court nowadays. And he then becomes the first brit into the Wimbledon final for 70 years or whatever, and in his post match interview managed to mumble "yeah I''m excited" whilst looking more bored and unenthusiastic than I am when I''m being forced to watch the Coronation street omnibus.

Compare that to Federer who not only plays the game in a classy manner, but is also a class act off the court. I can just about remember the Agassi/Sampras days coming to an end, but my real interest in tennis has coincided with Federer''s dominance and I''ll definitely be egging him on over Murray at the weekend.

Like him or not, you should respect the fact that he is one of the four best tennis players in the world.   The achievement and mental strength you need in a singular sport like tennis is off the scale.      It''s not like team games - and he is constantly at the top of his sport.  There aren''t many British sportsmen/women who can match what he is doing in his field of sport.  

I wish people would give him a break and recognise his achievements.

Good god you are a miserable lot. It really is no wonder our top sportsmen struggle with support like that. First British bloke in the Wimbledon final since the 1930''s and all you lot can talk about is his personality.

I''m right behind him and if he wins will consider it a fantastic achievement. 

Managed to wtahcing e whole Murray match today, his attitude hasn''t half changed. Even in the third set he never let his head drop, Tsonga played some good tennis throughout but Murray just proved to be the better player as expected..

He may lose to Fed on Sunday, he may never win a grand slam, he might not have much ''personality'' but he''s been top four for a while now, and that''s an achievement. It''s not his fault the three above him have the better ability and mentality, Murray has always tried hard and obviously been frustrated he hasn''t been able to come out on top very often.

I really hope he wins on Sunday, I don''t care if he''s Scottish, don''t get the whole English/Scottish rivalry, we got along well enough with th Celtic fans, they wer Scottish weren''t they?

You have to hand it to him Herman, coming back in the second set as he did to win it was great determination and great telly. Well done Andy!! Listened to the interview on radio 4 this morning and he talked of the pressure the media has put him under over the years about winning the big ones, must be hard for him. Now it will start all over again about topping Fred Perry''s three wins.

I did get to the stage where I had given up hope, but he''s changed over the last year or so. Must be the change of coach.

Wandering around the smoke yesterday was warm enough so God knows how hot is was on court. I couldn''t see them lasting for a five setter.

Bit of a shame that Cameron and Salmond have found themselves a new bandwagon.....

Missed the interview but saw him milk the entrance of Murray. What a berk!!

Politicians of any persuasion should not use a sporting event to push their own agendas. The blatant flag waving by Salmond behind Ca.moron was all to do with the upcoming vote on independence, and the camera should have been taken off the £wat. 

To be fair the beeb did move the camera away quickly once he unfurled th Saltire. Pretty shameless act though. Hope the Scottish tell him to sod off though:-)