Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Tour de France

I hope a few of our nation''s footballers are watching this to learn a little about real team spirit and physical and mental strength. For me it is the greatest sporting event of the year and all of those who take part are some of the bravest sportsmen there are.Anyone else watching? Who do you fancy to win? Hopefully Wiggins will do well in the time trial today but he got a little tetchy yesterday when asked about whether he was clean. Let''s hope it was just tiredness after a gruelling stage.

yes it''s good so far, an amazing British 1, 2 yesterday. Bradley looked good in the moutains too, not so sure about his colourful langauge in the press conference mind!

Don''t follow cycling to be honest but it is always good to see Britons excelling in their chosen sport.Well done guys[Y]

Well,i finally found out what a peloton was yesterday.Shame about the race.

Great race by wiggo, son to Belgian immigrants, his sporting side burns will become vogue after his British first win of a Tour de France. All in a sudden cycling is getting credibility and we can only hope that this will be reciprocated by our lackadaisical councils. Safer cycling will be an issue of concern and our cllr.s have no more excuses, they need to promote commuter cycling and cycle tourism, everywhere.

[quote user="nevermind"]Great race by wiggo, son to Belgian immigrants, [/quote]

Can you, just for once, get your facts straight? His father was an Australian, his mother is British, they only lived in Ghent for a few years.

He was born in Belgium and hence, has the right to dual nationality, not that he wants it, but thats how it is, not that it matters much as long as he is winning for Britain.  A big thanks to del''Portro for knocking the stuffing out of Federer, it made that young Scotsman smile for the first time after his Wimbledon near miss.

[quote user="nevermind"] He was born in Belgium and hence, has the right to dual nationality, not that he wants it, but thats how it is, not that it matters much as long as he is winning for Britain. [/quote]

He has no right to Belgian nationality.

[quote user="nevermind"] 

A big thanks to del''Portro for knocking the stuffing out of Federer, it made that young Scotsman smile for the first time after his Wimbledon near miss.
[/quote]

Can''t you ever give somebody credit? Like it or not, Murray won a Gold in the Olympics, I know it must hurt to see Team GB up there in third place in the medal table but there you go.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="nevermind"] He was born in Belgium and hence, has the right to dual nationality, not that he wants it, but thats how it is, not that it matters much as long as he is winning for Britain. [/quote]

He has no right to Belgian nationality.

[quote user="nevermind"]  A big thanks to del''Portro for knocking the stuffing out of Federer, it made that young Scotsman smile for the first time after his Wimbledon near miss.[/quote]

Can''t you ever give somebody credit? Like it or not, Murray won a Gold in the Olympics, I know it must hurt to see Team GB up there in third place in the medal table but there you go.

[/quote]

On the contrary, I''m proud for the British team to be were they are,

well deserved and absolutely irrelevant as to where these athletes come

from, just could not resist. 

JG you are wrong, If Wiggo inquires about a Belgian passport, there would not be a single Wallon opposing it.

Here is a great article by Jasmin Alibhai Brown, an answer to that

rabid New Zealand runaway Tory Aidan Burley-Prat who does not seem to

realise that the British people are cheering ALL athletes, not just

their own.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/yasmin-alibhai-brown/yasmin-alibhaibrown-anyone-who-now-thinks-britain-is-too-multicultural-8008818.html

Ha ha. Got a bit over excited about the strangely attractive Pendleton. Sadly she lost.

[:D]

I wont mention the Dutch ladies hockey team or the tone will get even lower.

The roads are infested with fat blokes in lycra. It''s all your fault Sir Bradley.

Anybody out and about watching this? Still only have a modicum of  knowledge of what is going on, but am enjoying the views of Yorkshire.

Hopefully Cavendish is ok.

Amazing crowds for the first three days. Don''t think the french will match it but then they get to see it every year. Froomey well placed but a long way to go ( literally )