Sign in to follow this  
Wings of a Sparrow

Films of 2012

Any films you''re looking to seeing in 2012?

Red Tails is one I''ll be seeking out.

" A crew of African American pilots in the Tuskegee training program, having faced segregation while kept mostly on the ground during World War II, are called into duty under the guidance of Col. A.J. Bullard."

From what I''ve seen the aerial battle shots look really good.

I''ve been seeing the trailer for Battleship 2012 everytime I go onto youtube at work. Looks OK but will probably be disappointed.

Anyone seen the Artist (or isn''t it on general release yet?)

The Hobbit obviously. The Avengers film could be pretty good, Joss Whedon is pretty much my favourite director/writer/producer/TV show maker, so should be pretty special.

World War Z could be good. American Pie film sounds like its going to be pretty funny, hope its as good as the first 2/3. Not sure if there is anything else i''m particularly looking forward too, having to watch lots of older (and by older I don''t necessarily mean that old) films for Uni, which for the most part then spark an interest in the director or actors etc, so then have to watch more of their stuff...

Was thinking about seeing The Artist, but to be honest I don''t think i''ll enjoy it that much. I''ve got nothing against b&w films, or silent films, there are quite a lot that are very good. But this one i''m just not sure about, and think the critics hype its getting is ridiculous, I bet half of its just because its silent and b&w not because its a good film.

As has been mentioned before i sure hope that Tom Cruise doesn''t fuck up the Jack Reacher character[:S]

Also i would recommend the Norwegian film Troll Hunter,just out on DVD.

They are making a prequel/sequel to 300??! Not sure what it will be about but i liked that film.

Sorry to change year and slightly subject.

Just seen Human Centipede 2, the first was kind of ground breaking shock but not much substance, the 2nd is just plain mental. I have never seen anything as violent as that in my life, could be wrong.

Anyone heard of any film more disturbing than Human Centipdede?

Back to the original topic, Peter Jackson version of Wind In The Willows is out this year, and i really can''t wait, superb story and kind of been ruined by two tv films in my view, but the David Jaon animated series and film is a family classic.

The Grey[Y]

Much better and deeper than i thought it was going to be.Highly recommend if you get the chance.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Prometheus. Ridley Scott''s Alien prequel without any actual xenomorphs in it. Looks scary on several different levels.[/quote]

Seen the trailers and it does look good[Y] HR Giger on some of the design work as well.

Hopefully seeing Prometheus next week

Dark Shadows wasn''t as good as I thought it would be though

Saw Prometheus, thought that should of been an 18 really, a couple of screens were a bit [:O] for a 15 cert

Listening to Ridley Scott and Prometheus could be a prequel to two more prequels of the Alien franchise,depending on how well this one does.Look forward to seeing.

Fans of the Bourne films may like Safe House.Car chases,big fights,political intrigue.It''s basically Bourne 4.

That film looks fantastic from the trailer, haven''t seen it yet though.

Have seen the Avangers twice now, once in 3D (my little brother seems to think 3D is the best thing ever...) and once in 2D, its an amazing film, really really like it. Don''t think its worth the extra cost to see it in 3D though, in fact think I enjoyed it more in 2D.

Moonrise Kingdom looks like it could be a pretty decent film, probably worth a watch.

Wow! Totally blown away by the Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, awesome film. Worth £13 a ticket - you betcha!

Coming up Dredd, Total Recall, New bond all lookin good and of course the Hobbit now getting previews, can''t wait for that one.

Dark Knight Rises is so good. Wasn''t expecting it to be all that fantastic for some reason, but wow. Seen it twice, and was quite impressed with IMAX, not sure i''ve seen anything in IMAX before...

2012 is turning out to be a pretty good year for films, and still a few more potential crackers to come.

Anybody been to see The Hobbit yet with all its fancy pants new screening technology?

The review i heard suggests that the first half an hour is slow and baggy but then picks up well. Look forward to a non critics view.