Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

What Could You Eat Every Day?

I love food and normally enjoy a fairly wide variety of dishes, but I just wondered if there is anything you could eat every day without getting too bored with it. My choice would be shepherd''s pie. I''m sure I could eat it every day without really tiring too much of the experience. Or maybe cod, chips and peas.

Well... it''s a good job I run or I''d be about 26 stone (I''m 5''8")

Chicken Tikka JalfreziLime PickleSalt and Vinegar french friesPineappleChicken FajitasMeat & Potato Pie with Pickled Red CabbageKing PrawnsHaribo TangfasticsFresh Punani

The saltiest Chedder from a shop in Twickenham. I could have eaten the whole 2 Kilo myself.That was 2000. I am not allowed to buy such things these days. (That was elder brothers birthday).We are still tottering on.I don''t know why my son is trying to keep me alive! I like rotten cheese and can only agree with Shysterhex

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Well... it''s a good job I run or I''d be about 26 stone (I''m 5''8")

Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi
Lime Pickle
Salt and Vinegar french fries
Pineapple
Chicken Fajitas
Meat & Potato Pie with Pickled Red Cabbage
King Prawns
Haribo Tangfastics
Fresh Punani

[/quote]

I take it you keep your weight down to a "manageable" 25 stone with the running, do you Chopsy?

Paella.

Its fantastic, pretty easy to make. I am a pescetarian, so don''t have it with chicken or fancy ham. I love making it as well, smells nice, can change it a little every time, I even have a Paella pan now :)

My homemade Pizza is pretty nice as well (even make the dough myself), would take that over a dominos any day....

Do not think there is any one food I would like to eat every day to tell the truth, but really good warm crusty bread with lashings of butter on would do me. Dominoes are bit hard on the teeth, especially that double blank.

I had to look pescetarian up GP.

I''m the other way - I can''t eat fish. No allergies or anything, I''ve tried it but just don''t like the smell, texture or taste, shame ''cos there''s so much choice and it''sgood for you. The missus loves fish too.

Sorry Shrimper but I really have tried.

Good for you Gingerpaella. I used to holiday with my parents in Malta when much younger.I have a cookbook from 1977.One day I got up really early about 5am and went to the main fishmarket,Octopus stew. It has potatoes and a hint of curry. It turned out to be a success. Much to my amazement.I like mucking about with fish and cuttlefish in ink was interesting. Sometimes on holiday it can be a bit difficult when the waiter brings a baby bib. I always enjoy whitebait as a snack. The Maltese bread Shrimper was fab. But you had to eat it in the car on the way home.

No Stary Gazey pie for you then wings. I have even had jellyfish stew in China, and yes I used chopsticks (and a spoon)[:D]

My list of dishes I could eat every day - for a long time:

Shepherd''s pie

Cod and chips

Green chicken curry

Chicken madras

Stew and dumplings

Moussaka

Spag bog

Bangers and mash

Steak and kidney pudding

Fish fingers etc etc

As you can see I''m a man of simple tastes. Some say I''m just simple!

[quote user="Herman "]Do Walkers Crisps count?[/quote]

Unforunately i can''t anymore.Something gives me bad stomach reaction[:''(]

I''m not that old.[:D]

There''s some ingredient in them i''ve become intolerant to.Might be the oil or an E-number?!

I''m OK with "normal" crisps - Walkers or supermarket brands, but if I stray to Kettle chips or, God forbid, Dorito''s then I suffer interminably. I blame the "flavoured with..."

Looks like Burgers are evovling sideways. A japanese little number will soon market itself with an upturned ''W'' in eclectic brown colour. The are planning to make some comparrisson studie and survey''s in public, comparing their burgers to certain other burgers. I do prefer to make my own thats when they are most enjoyable, imho. But this burger might go a long way and can''t be worse than whats on the market at present.