Sign in to follow this  
Wings of a Sparrow

Perfume adverts....

It must be Christmas, inundated with the bloody things. Must say Gwynneth Paltrow does look fine in hers.

I know exactly what the OP is on about. Whilst other goods may be advertised in different ways within their market (funny, sentimental, etc.) it seems that Perfume ads always follow the same ''pretentious crap'' rule.

There''s a new poncy ad for one called UOMO. It doesn''t sound good in an English accent:-)

Aaaaaargh!!!

Either these, depressing charity ads or Wonga. Glad I''m at work most of the time.

In a similar vein, ads for TV's where they show you how good the screen is. 

What's the point if your watching on a different TV that doesn't have superOLED or 8000000k resolution?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, king canary said:

The Jonny Depp one always gets me- it is called Sauvage but it always looks like 'Sausage' to me.

Playing Wild Thing in the middle of a desert really makes you want to spray yourself with eau de cologne.😖

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

On that we are all agreed

At last! We have found something that unites all PinkUn posters.

• Like 1

In 2012 they kept showing that D’Or perfume advert ALL THE TIME!.

It had that song by The Gossip that sounded like the singer was going “D’ooorrrrr!!!!…. It takes two!, it takes two!”. Really got on my **** and made me no longer want to listen to that song. It was actually about prostitution hence the “it takes two” and “It’s a funny way to make ends meet” lines.

It still puzzles me, why that song!?. It’s like the person putting it together didn’t look into the song’s meaning.

Am dreading the usual repeated Christmas advert this year.

I do wonder how much the celebs get paid for these adverts, would have to sell a lot of perfume to get their money back.

Oh, any advert with Phillip Schofield in it 

On 14/11/2022 at 17:26, keelansgrandad said:

Men's and women's fragrances must be the most overly, wasteful packaging in existence.

In my working days I got to look at the business economics of a perfume business. At the time, what looked to me like a very small bottle retailed at £30 but the actual cost of the stuff in the bottle cost between 5p and 10p. The packaging and advertising cost an eye watering amount.

Ironically, the smell of the perfume made my eyes water as well.