Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Inconsistency?

Does anyone else feel a bit hard done by, after Hucks was sent off last night?

Don''t get me wrong, I don''t agree with what he did at all and he should be punished.

My only complaint is that this rule is not always enforced.
How many times have you seen players clearly swear at officials who have not even been spoken to?

I just wish referees would all stick to the same rules, they can''t complain when people moan at them if they''re is no consistency - Use some common sense!!!

I''ve never seen Rooney, Keane, Viera, etc swear at a ref and get away with it scot free, never, ever!!

Rooney should be on a twenty game ban- he does it every week but never gets booked.

Still he was a numpty!

I think the rugby rule would be better- if you argue with the ref he adds ten yards- the threat of a dangerous free kick or penalty would shut players up - and yet without the need to ban them

I saw the incident on Sky Sports News this morning; it looked like he deserved a free kick, so he should be perfectly entitled to argue his case. How did it justify a RED card, yellow perhaps but red?! Give me a break...

Why was it a red? Read law 12. Abusive, offensive or insulting language is a send off offence. It can never be a cautionable offence - although dissent by word or action is.

So the ref had a choice. Was it dissent or abusive? You saw it. Huckerby made sure the ref heard exactly what he said. Look at his body language. How would you feel if someone behaved like that to you. Imagine making a mistake at work and having that sort of reaction from a customer or colleague. Would you accept it?

Remember the referee in the Championship is not a professional like in the Premiership. (I''m sure they would turn pro if the money was there, but it''s not.) If some one was abusive to you in your hobby how would you feel?

Rooney & co are often a bit more cute. You see a close up of them bawling, but what you don''t realise is that the referee is probably 30+ yards away with 60,000 fans shouting - impossible to hear.

Hopefully all referees will start dishing out the cards. The clubs will have to control their players or suffer the consequences of lengthy bans for star players.

Is an out of control player a bonus for your team? Get the player to channel that passion into kicking the ball instead of screaming like a toddler

[quote]I saw the incident on Sky Sports News this morning; it looked like he deserved a free kick, so he should be perfectly entitled to argue his case. How did it justify a RED card, yellow perhaps but red?...[/quote]

argue his point would be "oi ref thats a freekick"

getting sent off would be "you effing c*** ref"

see there''s a difference

and as for inconsistency the rules chaged in the summer...so far Rooney et al seems to have realised that...Hucks has not

[quote]I saw the incident on Sky Sports News this morning; it looked like he deserved a free kick, so he should be perfectly entitled to argue his case. How did it justify a RED card, yellow perhaps but red?...[/quote]

I saw the incident too, and in my opinion it was never a free kick. The Stoke player clearly won the ball.

Under the guidance of Keith Hackett the only consistent factor in refereeing is the incosistency. Southampton were awarded a penalty when the ball hit Flemings arm the next day when the ball hit a Chelsea players arm it wasn''t a penalty. On Saturday a Spurs player was sent off for use of the arm but a Leeds player used his arm on at least three occassions in Shackells face for only a yellow card. You have to ask yourself why the swearing rule was brought in and it was because of Rooneys outbusrst at Graham Poll last year one of the most inconsistent referees we have but supposedly the best!  How much damage was done by Huckerbys swearing very little, how much damage was done by Hulses arm? Inconsistent you bet.