Sign in to follow this  
SHRIMPER

PHOTOGRAPHY

Few pictures of the most bootifull ship ever built. Sorry for quality of pictures but my Nikon is back in the land of the rising sun so had to make do with panasonic.

It amazes me that with the amount of sail Cutty Sark carried had such a small keel. You can see from her lines what made her so fast through the water.

Edited by SHRIMPER
Corrupted files

Well "Shrimper". I have to say some epic scenes of a great shipWe first visited it years ago in the dizzy days of romance.Probably 1974.a long voyage by boat! And very cold that year. Then again via the tunnel for fun with growing sprogs...Well you have to keep them occupied.Sez ze Govintment.Glad  you are helping others to post I still remain adunderhead photographic poster.hex..or whatever!

Granddaughter loves the tunnel especially if it is devoid of other foot traffic. She then sings at the top of her lungs. Four and a half and a future busker I think. [:D]

You Shrimper will have to teach her the 60s classics. I bet they are still in the loft.hex

Just for those out there that do not know the origines of the name Cutty Sark.

A Cutty Sark is a nightdress worn by women in Scotland. Now many moons ago
a man called Tam O''shanter saw a witch called Nannie Dee dancing in a woodland
glade. Now Nannie was a buxom wench and the nightie did not cover her whole
body. Tam could not contain his excitement seeing her body and jumped up and
shouted out with glee. This startled the witch and she gave chase to Tam who
rode off at great speed on his horse. Nannie almost caught up with Tam and
reached out and managed to grab the horses tail. Luckily the tail snapped off
of the horse and much to Tam''s relief he got away never to venture into the
woods again. That is why the figurehead of Nannie Dee is always shown with
a horses tail in her hand. This figurehead on the ship now is a replica and the
second picture is of the original in the museum under the ship.

Edited by SHRIMPER
Corrupted files

Sorry Shrimper. Being a novice in such games. I thought the original the bust..... sorry the best.Apologies to all. cehex.

killing time in the church Monday (day after youngests wedding) I had time to kill but only had small pocket digi with me. Stained glass and the fourth taken in a mirror of the ceiling, so thats why it is upside down and back to front.

Edited by SHRIMPER
Corrupted files

Driving along the Koca Halle we saw this lot all wandering across the road, so had to pull over and get a pic - you don''t get this in Norfolk!

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/30clnae.jpg[/IMG]

No, not too many of those wandering around Norfolk. Lots on King''s LynnThough, Vancouvers birthplace. Good pics FW.

Cecil Beatons was photography at the Imperial War Museum. Might be worth a visit.

These were taken with an old bridge camera so are not very sharp. I now have my Nikon D5100 back so can get down to some decent snapping again. Pictures taken at the 40s weekend on the NNR. great time was had by all.

Edited by SHRIMPER
Corrupted files

Wiki Loves Monuments.This might appeal to those with an eye for a good photo. The UK is joining a global annual competition for snappers.The rules are available online, probably by typing the above header or a link on a Wiki page sometimes appears.An image of a listed building is the theme. There is a list on the web of all listed buildings area by area.If you don''t win a prize which is not huge, your work might be included on a relevant wiki page ,which sounds cool. Files have to be uploaded by the end of September.hex.

Three bolts of lightning hitting the sea

I''m not sure how much patience (and bravery) these people needed but there were some cracking photos on the BBC from the recent lightning storms.

I have been putting out hints for ages for a hot shoe lightning trigger but no takers as yet. Sat in my conservatory for awhile last night watching the show in the sky. 

I am looking for a new camera, I think we took better photos when we had film and most of all I wish Jessops were still open. I want a bridge but with a viewfinder and as for AA batteries no thanks, with spares that''s eight of the blighters!

Just trying out a few inbuilt features of my new Nikon.

Edited by SHRIMPER
Corrupted files

No its just Braken. I picked that colour out as one to highlight and the trunk of the pine tree in the centre as the second colour, but I did not quite get the balance right so the tree don''t stand out enough.

Chris Stein of Blondie fame has an exhibition of his photography from the ''70''s heyday. A freebie at the wonderful Somerset House next time you are up in the smoke.[url]http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/visual-arts/chris-stein-negative[/url]

Just to tell a little anecdote from one of my NZ friends who used to live in Norfolk. He is a Pulitzer prize winning photographer who has settled on a little homestead in rural Ruaethi and was going about his business......to explain, a ''Remuera tractor'' must be some kind of camera.

"Those

priceless moments of human interaction with total strangers.. Driving

out of the farm gate I spotted a tourist in a Remuera tractor taking a

shot of the derelict farmhouse across the street. So being neighbourly I

pulled over and told her that if she took the shot from our farm gate

which she was welcome to, she''d get the mountain in the frame and on a

long lens the shot would be stunning. She looked at the Hilux, looked at

me in a Swazi T shirt, bush pants and Red tops and said: "What do you

know about photography, your a farmer." What do I know..
©John Chapman 2014 The abandoned house across the street. Every time I drive out of the farm gate  I see this image but whenever I have a camera with me the mountain is in cloud. Today was perfect.

Remuera tractors are 4x4s nevermind. Just like the ones the well heeled use to deliver the kids on a school run here.