Sign in to follow this  
SHRIMPER

PHOTOGRAPHY

Mrs Shrimper was there last week to see grandchildren and said she liked it. We visit about once a month as a rule so we have seen it alter over time. I like St Pancras  next door also.

Thanks for these excellent shots of Confuzion dexteracy and balance, shrimper, and not a single policeman worried about it. Here they would have kittens and close the roads if they see someone chuffing along with a sofa on bicycle, nevermind running a rag and bone service on it.I see CE is still using my name in vain, old grumps does like to stir it up ....;)

Well nevermind I always apologise. Sorry.See you at the Arts do later in the summer.Christopher..

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]

Off up t''smoke for a day of photography tomorrow, mainly around the St Katherines dock area and then Greenwich (boats) If I take anything remotely half decent I will post a few.

[/quote]

Get anything good?

Not really Heman. Forgot to take my Nikon 18x300 lens with me. These are not to clear and as I do not like to much

jiggery pokery with my pics they will have to do. I would give my eyeteeth to have worked the steel on the Shard building.

Highest in Europe. Top out next week.

Guys at the top.

The one I went to see and could not get near.

[

Edited by SHRIMPER
Corrupted files

Brave men.Wouldn''t have the bottle to do that.But i would have the bottle to take a wrecking ball to some of those buildings in front of St.Pauls.If i was allowed to that is.

fantastic pictures and the best thread on the entire forum! well done all!will share a few of mine later on...

Anyone who loves street photography as I do (candid shots) should take a look at this guys work. ROBERT DOISNEAU. I use a 18x250 telephoto lens which means I can get shots that people (the subjects) do not realise I am taking and are less likely to pose.

In London next week,any good exhibitions that you could recommend?

If its photography you are looking for there is a great exhibition on at the National Geographic Society and its free. Some great stuff on view.

I was in London on Sunday last at the Cutty Sark again and never lose my facination for the ship. If you want to get a good view of the London Olympic area the new cablecar over the Thames is open and its only £3.50 each way. 300 ft up so great view.

Yeah,photograhy[Y] Got a couple of art galleries planned but fancied other stuff.That''s a good tip by the way,sounds interesting and quite near the museums.

I think they did a great job with St Pancras, it is always a pleasure to arrive in London at such a magnificant station. Also, the hotel is finally open as a hotel again (OK it has been for a few years), I''d forgotten what it looked like with all the scaffolding, what a great structure.

Edited by Marty

Up this weekend.My week off didn''t go according to plan[:S] Have to get up there soon before the Olympic/school hols chaos!

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]How did the trip go Herman?[/quote]

Cheers for that,good tip that mate.Took a nice long walk from Holborn to the Albert Hall and had a good look at their exhibition.It''s a nice space,not too big and some fantastic photos on display.The best being a Bangladeshi train,an NZ cave and the Angel Falls.I will keep my eyes out for future displays[Y]

Glad you enjoyed it. I am without my Nikon at the moment as it has developed a fault and gone back to the land of the rising sun.

I will keep you informed if I hear of any more decent exhibitions.

I use PHOTOBUCKET to upload mine to. From there you copy the image tags and paste onto here. IMAGESHACK is another you can use,there are lots of them if you google.

Should have explained. Forums do not hold any pictures themselves it just appears that way. They are all on whichever hosting site you chose and the site you have posted them on retrieves them from there. If after you have posted them into a forum you delete them from you host site they will disappear from here also.

[IMG]http:i46.photobucket.com/albums.jpg[IMG]

That is what you should be copying from bucket. I have left the image code out of that link but it should appear between albums and jpg. I have done it that way because I did not want a picture to appear.

[URL=http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii558/Beemac2002/?action=view¤t=Belton1yo001.jpg][IMG]http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii558/Beemac2002/th_Belton1yo001.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I think this is what you are trying to post.

Edited by SHRIMPER
Corrupted files

Oh hairy bollocks!

I need a step by step guide for thickos please if you have the patience.

I have uploaded the photo to Photobucket and would like to know how to get the actual picture in my post.

Thanks in advance.

Life was easier with internet explorer it seems.