Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Fifa 12 PS3 quick question before i commit to buy..

Not unless you intend to play Ultimate Team (you basically collect cards which are different players and build your team up, and compete in different competitions).  If you play Ultimate Team you''ll probably end up spending more money on even more ''packs of cards''.

Norwich really aren''t very good in FIFA (as in worse than 3-4 teams in the Championship). Not much cop in the new Football Manager demo either. Looks like we''ll have to wait for the January update for some hopefully more accurate stats

Really Mahogany? I just literally bought one for a reasonabe (in the scheme of things) £37.00 (special edition too). But how would it work that the players stats are updated? Do they release another disc?I expect the questions i''m asking are basic, but i really don''t know how it all works?

I don''t think Norwich are too bad this year, but you have to use the right tactics. For me, I don''t play Holt (sadly, he''s too slow!). Hoolahan has to play CAM, and strikers of Morison and Vaughan/Jackson. Also I put Martin Rb and Naughton CB for some pace. Admittedly we are pretty poor, and lack pace as opposed to other teams like Swansea (Sinclair, Lita, Routledge, Dyer etc). Great fifa this year. [:)] Ultimate team is quality though! [:D]

Is anyone else finding it ridiculously hard!?  And we really are bad on there, however saying that I cant seem to win with Man U, Man City, Liverpool etc!

Boyo - yeah, it''s alot harder than in recent years. Defending especially, if you don''t already, try jockeying more! Try and not dive in too often with tackle (B on xbox, Circle on ps3), stand them up more if possible. [:)]

PS Watch these ''Impact Engine Glitches'' : [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng96tkLOyic&feature=player_embedded[/url][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12qJ6B7KjCQ&feature=player_embedded[/url][url]http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/97147112[/url][url]http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/96279093[/url]

[quote user="Ben "]I''m getting really good on this game. Keep thrashing all my friends as they are terrible.[/quote]Bit of an arrogant wwanker aren''t you! [:)]

I don''t get why defending is really hard for the player but the CPU is brilliant at it!  Maybe it is a bit too hard? Or am I just rubbish?  Once I start to get better will it get more realistic?  It used to be too unrealistic in the sense it was too easy however it is now too unrealistic in the sense it is too hard!

Boyo - you just need to get used to it. Everyone has struggled with defending on this FIFA so you''re not alone on this. Just keep playing games, preferably online and you will be fine. I don''t play against the computer as I find it too difficult getting the ball off them! Plus online is much better.

The defending isn''t too hard, you just have to learn to contain a bit more rather than trying to make a tackle as you used to. The one thing im finding difficult with the defending is when you bring in a teammate to close the opposition down, they just dont seem very affective.

As for the Norwich team. Wes is really good, about right I''d say, maybe his shooting is a bit too good. Holt is the only player I''d say that is overrated on overall skill, I think he''s a 73, and I''d probably knock him down to 70, but he''s so slow in it that he''s pretty much useless anyways.

My real problem is with our midfield outside of Wes. Pilks is terrible, slow, bad crossing, passing and shooting. Bennett is a bit better but nowhere near as quick as he should be. Johnson is pretty bad, Fox even worse. I''d say pretty much all our middfield outside or Wes and Crofts should be at least 5 points higher.

As for the defence our CB''s are fine as is Naughton, but Martin and especially Tierney are also about 5 points too low. To cap it off Ruddy should be better too.

If you are playing career mode I recommend buying Kebe off Reading, dude is rapid and strong.

[quote user="Ben "]Boyo - you just need to get used to it. Everyone has struggled with defending on this FIFA so you''re not alone on this. Just keep playing games, preferably online and you will be fine. I don''t play against the computer as I find it too difficult getting the ball off them! Plus online is much better.[/quote]Playing against the computer is hard because they are not drawn out of position so easily which makes it very good practice, you have to be patient and wait for the right space.

This is coming from me playing up to mk dons in the cup in season 1, just after transfer day has passed.

I have my virtual pro in place of wessi so I can now sell him, I got in a cb called ''manoel'' he is worth about 6m and is better than any other cb.

I also brought a striker called ''maicon'' who has 95 spring and acceleration is 21 YO and only a 72 but he is quality!

I play a 4 in defence

2 holding midfielders ( until I get better at defending)

My pro in CAM

then pilks and Bennett out wide

And Maicon up top.

I really recommend going to Playstation store for Fifa addons and buying the Live updates.

This changes players/teams ratings on a weekly basis depending on real life perfromances.

Keeps the game fresh as one week Holt may be say 66 rated,, another week he may be like 76.

Last time used them Chelsea were 4 star team one week when were terrible, next week they were 2nd best team on the whole game.

Another couple of tips. I find the best way to find a formation that works is to decide what basic formation you want to play then find a team set up in that formation. Go to edit team and then team management, save their formation as a custom formation and then use it with your team.

For example I have 3 formations I''ve been using for Norwich. Werder Bremens wide diamond 442; Shalke''s 451; and Chile''s 3412. I''ve found getting tactics this way tends to work better than doing your own, the players seem to know what they''re doing a bit more.

Also buy Marvell Wynne as a cheap backup CB/RB, you can get him for 600k and he has pace 95, acceleration 98 and also high strength, stamina etc. Basically he''s the worlds greatest athlete but can barely play football.

Don''t count me on it, but think its like £3.99 for prem league live ratings, or you can get all leagues in europe for like £6.99 if I remember right. Will be getting it in a few days, but defo worth the money as keeps the game fresh and your team could be ace one week and crap another. :)

These team rating chances also work for online ode, so if your Barcelona vs someone else as Barcelona your team ratings will be different, yours may be better/worsse depending on how Barca perfromed that week.

I''m glad it''s not just me then! I played a season in Semi-Pro with Norwich and won the league cup and finished 6th in the league. Decided it was unrealistic, so moved up to professional..........Played 10 - Drawn 2 - Lost 8 - Scored twice....... [:$][:''(]

Make sure you guys are using the Human/CPU sliders in the settings menu as well. You can make amateur as hard as u like and legendary as easy as you like. But using these u can customise the game to the way u like to play it.

I haven''t really touched them to be honest. It kind of seemed like cheating to me? Although the game is supposed to be fun, and it''s really pi$$ing me off at the moment. Stupid De Laet and his rubbish defending...... [A]

I am probably missing something here Mervmesiter, but doesn''t making amateur hard and legendary easy defeat the object? If amateur is to easy, go up a setting, and if Legendary is too hard go down. Adjusting the difficulty of the level setting doesn''t seem like it has any value when you can just change difficulty...