Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Bands you don't "get"!

I''ve heard fighting cats making a better noise than my old mate Cee Lo. He sounds as though somebody has just squeezed his nuts with a pair of bolt croppers and won''t let go! Crap. For soul, try Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Dusty Springfield, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke or Luther Vandross, to name just six.

Primal Scream.

They have turned into a lazy band knocking out lazy Rolling Stones cover versions. And still sell albums by the truck load and always headline the festivals. Save yourself some money and go and see a Stones cover band in a pub.

quote user="Truculent Trucker"]The Smiths - you''ve heard one song, you''ve heard the lot. Depressingly dreary, monotonous garbage. And that''s being kind.[/quote

Just seen this thread, and TT sums it up perfectly for me

Where to start? Of bands that seem to be able to sustain stadium gigs these top my list: Coldplay, Manics, Foo Fighters, Stereophonics, Stone Roses, Muse, U2, Elbow, Kings of Leon, Black eyed peas, Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons, the Killersso guess I''ll not be doing any festivals this year.On the plus side I just about got the RHCP''s but would put that down to the early influence of Gang of Fours Andy Gill and having a drummer that Joe Strummer and the recently departed Gerry Harrington had to collect from a mental hospital for album sessions and gigs.

U2 have just one song in them which is played at varied tempos. And that terrible Bono wail in each of them drives me to madness. I just have to switch them off.

Never got Sting either, much overrated.

But the worst of the lot is Genesis. What was that all about?

As well as the bands which have been mentioned.

I would say Mumford and son (Hipsters....man they annoy me), Nick Cave and the bad band (Bad Seeds) would be contenders.

Most of all....Simple Minds....they''re just terrible. I mean I know a lot of the music was terrible in the 80''s, but you also had some absolute brilliant bands as well. It escapes me how bands like Depeche Mode and Simple Minds were as big as they were.

"AJ" Radiohead, a very weird band

I keep hearing Thom Yorke''s new band. Highly intelligent, quality musicianship and very well produced.

But really boring!!!