Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

The Open

Anyone else enjoying the weekends coverage?

Im not a massive fan of links golf as it''s more pot luck with how your ball runs than skill, but if your a fan of watching pro''s fluffing it in the sand or hacking around in the long grass then links is your game!

Really chuffed for Thomas Bjorn to come back and post such a great score at a place that must hold hideous memories! Lambert would appreciate that mental toughness!

Anybody else had a cheeky punt on someone?

I plucked for Ricky Fowler at 66/1 and Robert Rock 150/1 fingers crossed!

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Anyone else enjoying the weekends coverage? Im not a massive fan of links golf as it''s more pot luck with how your ball runs than skill, but if your a fan of watching pro''s fluffing it in the sand or hacking around in the long grass then links is your game! Really chuffed for Thomas Bjorn to come back and post such a great score at a place that must hold hideous memories! Lambert would appreciate that mental toughness! Anybody else had a cheeky punt on someone? I plucked for Ricky Fowler at 66/1 and Robert Rock 150/1 fingers crossed![/quote]

Are NCFC in this? Not usually one for being Forum Plod but........

I apologise if this post has caused offence but golf and football have always been two major passions in my life and know of hundreds of footballers that play and share my passion for the game!

I''ve also had the pleasure of playing with Craig Fleming (cracking golfer) and Bryan Gunn! so there''s you ncfc link!

Please take your negativity elsewhere

I put a quid each on Sergio Garcia and the amateur Tom Lewis at the beggining of the day (no idea why though..!)

Good watching so far

How can you say links golf is more down to luck than skill!?!? Links golf is the hardest type of golf so obviously you need skill to win at it!

I will be going to The Open on Sunday and can''t wait!  Jimmenez is already up there and has a good Open record, maybe this is his year...

One of my favorite days of the year, first day of the Open. Helped by the great BBC coverage.Winner will be Rickey Barnes.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]I apologise if this post has caused offence but golf and football have always been two major passions in my life and know of hundreds of footballers that play and share my passion for the game! I''ve also had the pleasure of playing with Craig Fleming (cracking golfer) and Bryan Gunn! so there''s you ncfc link! Please take your negativity elsewhere[/quote]

Wasn''t being a Plod mate but look down the Forums and you''ll see "other sports"

Some people just never learn!!

Anyway.......!!

I believe its luck from what I''ve seen today.

So many drives have been hit in the rough but rolled back out and some fantastic drives have hit bumps on the fairways and gone everywhere! And with the wind it''s just a lottery.

Fascinating to watch though

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Some people just never learn!! Anyway.......!! I believe its luck from what I''ve seen today. So many drives have been hit in the rough but rolled back out and some fantastic drives have hit bumps on the fairways and gone everywhere! And with the wind it''s just a lottery. Fascinating to watch though[/quote]

Agree about some of the bounces but you have to be able to hit the ball low and move it into the wind. I am on Donald, Westwood, Day and Schwartzel.

Forgot to mention I played in my Club''s mid-week Stableford yesterday and accrued a massive 36 points !!

Just up the road from me and am going on saturday for a day in the wind.

I''ve played the course three times over the years and never managed to break one hundred (h''cap 18.) Once you get into trouble, either hazard or rough, it''s a sod to get out of it. You have to take a lot of balls too, as they are easily lost.

It is a thug of a golf course, and the wind hardly ever stops blowing, usually from off the sea. Nothing bad can be said about Sandwich itself though, unless you fancy a bit of night-life that is.

As somebody said, links courses can be a bit of a lottery and some, including me, wonder why The Open is always played on one, without exception. I would fancy Wentworth or the Belfry for a change, but this won''t happen.

The Open could''nt be played on a parkland course like Wentworth because you could not get the crowd in and around the course.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Some people just never learn!! Anyway.......!! I believe its luck from what I''ve seen today. So many drives have been hit in the rough but rolled back out and some fantastic drives have hit bumps on the fairways and gone everywhere! And with the wind it''s just a lottery. Fascinating to watch though[/quote]

Main Discussion- NCFC?