Sign in to follow this  
Jack Barak

Did anyone get any Olympic tickets?

I applied for £1350 worth (including two very expensive sets of cycling tickets and ended up with...Table Tennis and Fencing.Anyone get anything good?

Sorry Sir Humphrey, failed to take up the lottery. It does seem a bit random. Passing the site on Sunday there are lot of significant buildings.Ping Pong...Hasn''t it been proved that the English invented the game. As for Fencing ----Remove the mask. A good scar would enhance any gent worth his sabre or foil.I spent 3 years fencing at school and the thing that really hurt was the epee(accents not included). I am sure you will enjoy the times, but as for Ken''s comment " It''ll only cost every Londoner the price of a Walnut Whip"I hope that he finds a whip that cheap. ce

Humph I got nothing and then was working when the second chance thingy was on. Don''t reckon I''ll go unless they release more tickets as womens basket weaving or mens shoe shining really don''t appeal as the only sports left!

Good gag about the shoe shining event!.Daughter applied for £84.00 pounds worth hoping for Table Tennis.And horsey onesShe is absolutely thrilled with tickets for some Equestrian events in Greenwich Park.Failed on the Table Tennis. They were hoping to take partner''s Dad, I think he was quite good in olden times.They like to annoy him and call it Ping Pong whenever possible.ce

Glad you keep an eye on things Cuthbert.J.TRead through all the comments and I think only one didn''t see his style as humorous.Such is life.   Loved to see Coe who often seems a bit prissy in giggles.Anyway if Sir Humphrey wants to offload his Wiff Waff tickets ..PM and I will see if daughter would like take them over.Nothing to do with me I hasten to add. And I am sure you will enjoy the whatever it is, if you wish to keep the tickets.Apologies in advance if it was an inappropriate thought.ce

Put in for ever Athletics session some at any price some up to mid price, the bill could have gone as high as £9460 !  I also got my brother & brother-in-law to apply on my behalf  (Ya, I really, really wanted them)Eventually I ended up with Saturday (100m final,w10,000m final) and Thursday (w Long jump, w 200m) I can also take in the Marathon, so I''m quite happy with my allocation but it cost me £3412 in total and that''s before booking a hotel !