Jump to content
Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Recommended Posts

Mogwai being mellow and Sigur Ros being Sigur Ros.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

35 years ago today this was released

 

19E6D609-4502-4446-AA1B-E4C50FDD1857.jpeg

Fantastic album FF. Not a weak track. Always liked Bonny as my possible favourite. Paddy is a decent lyricist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dixie Chicks no longer the Dixie Chicks. Just The Chicks. Maybe the Feminists will object to that.

And I guess we will not be hearing The Band's The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down Anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After lots of rage, public enemy and nwa due to the messed up politics I've gone back to more chilled stuff. I even tuned the guitar until i remembered im no better than when i got it over ten years ago... 

 

Anyway. These are all classics and deserve to be heard more!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any other Camper VB worth trying. I got the Tusk album which was a bit disappointing.? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2020 at 21:00, sonyc said:

Fantastic album FF. Not a weak track. Always liked Bonny as my possible favourite. Paddy is a decent lyricist.

Just done me nicely for bbq and few beers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Herman said:

Is there any other Camper VB worth trying. I got the Tusk album which was a bit disappointing.? 

To be honest I've not heard a huge amount. Skinheads is the only one i really like. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the same era as Echo here's Lloyd. And some extra Rattlesnakes thrown in.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2020 at 22:00, sonyc said:

Fantastic album FF. Not a weak track. Always liked Bonny as my possible favourite. Paddy is a decent lyricist.

I only know Jordan The Comeback, but that also doesn't have a weak track on it.  Meanwhile, by accident I came across this, Bowie and Lennox rehearsing for the Freddie Mercury memorial concert:

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/06/2020 at 18:53, Van wink said:

Just done me nicely for bbq and few beers

I’ve had it on today too, such a quality album

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I only know Jordan The Comeback, but that also doesn't have a weak track on it.  Meanwhile, by accident I came across this, Bowie and Lennox rehearsing for the Freddie Mercury memorial concert:

 

 

 

 

Well it's a strong recommendation then Purple. Expect it's freely available as a whole album on YouTube.

Swoon, From Langley Park to Memphis and Andromeda Heights all equally good. Then there is Protest Songs which is an excellent composition!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well it's a strong recommendation then Purple. Expect it's freely available as a whole album on YouTube.

Swoon, From Langley Park to Memphis and Andromeda Heights all equally good. Then there is Protest Songs which is an excellent composition!

The final track, in memory of his father, is moving. Speaking of brilliant songwriters, one perhaps (I don't know) as well known as they should be is Pierce Turner:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The final track, in memory of his father, is moving. Speaking of brilliant songwriters, one perhaps (I don't know) as well known as they should be is Pierce Turner:

 

 

Good song.

If you liked the last Paddy M song on Jordan, your Pierce T selection made me think of this beautiful song (remastered too).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2020 at 22:29, Van wink said:

Bowie fest on. BBC2 👌

His Glasto set has just started on 2 as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Herman said:

His Glasto set has just started on 2 as well.

Fantastic, what else can you say👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Good song.

If you liked the last Paddy M song on Jordan, your Pierce T selection made me think of this beautiful song (remastered too).

 

 

Thanks. That is bittersweet evocative.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2020 at 19:39, FenwayFrank said:

35 years ago today this was released

 

19E6D609-4502-4446-AA1B-E4C50FDD1857.jpeg

The Guardian has an article about this I just saw. Might be worth a read. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This 'aint bad. Used to buy a lot of their stuff and made a point of seeing them when they came to BrumTown Hall ... seagull sounds and streakere included.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On hearing their music you would think First Aid Kit were some 70s Laurel Canyon hippies. Great harmonies.👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the one here .... currently listen to this and I like this live version and his voice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many great Neil Young songs and he isn't afraid to try make them sound so different. This one was a great drum and three guitars song but this version is so haunting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great version of like a hurricane.

Seen Neil Young twice and it was almost like seeing two different people. Like you say he isn't afraid to sound different. Probably helped he played with different bands but he certainly loved to mix it up instead of just a becoming a nostalgia act playing the same songs every night. 

Also did a cracking cover of 'a day in the life' ending by pretty much trashing his guitar. 

Hopefully he'll do one last tour when we're allowed to go to gigs again. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil at Glastonbury goes down as one of my favourite gigs of all time. Marvellous all round artist.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd seen him earlier that week. I had a few mates round for the Glastonbury gig. 

Beforehand they were going. Who's neil young. Why are we watching him? He looks ancient. I only really like hip hop and funk. 

During it was 'oh yeah i know this one' 'he's actually pretty good' 'he's really going for it'

By the end all four of them go 'hes awesome. We're coming with you next time' and they did! 

Still need to get over half his albums tho. I'll get round to it eventually. 

 

Edited by The Raptor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got about 10 of his albums. So just another 4/5ths to get.😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...