Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

60'' & 70''s stuff .... Shrimper.Just came across this site whilst looking for a clever answer for "Third".http://www.threebonzosandapiano.co.uk/. Nice to see people making fun of the world.hex

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day HatTrick"]Noel Gallagher''s HFB''s - Just f***ing love it![/quote]What do you think of ''If I Had A Gun'' CH?

For any reggae/Nirvana fans out there, have a listen to Little Roy - Battle for Seattle. Heard Sliver yesterday, got to say I like it a lot.

Glad to hear what you thought about, it is a really strong song, and like you, is my favourite also.

For what a little ramble on of mine may be worth, i personally think that anatomically it is just as strong as anything he''s written. My qualms solely lay with the production. To me, it feel Noel has it in him as a solo artist to stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Neil Young on stage, guitar in hand; i don''t quite think the album version has done himself justice.It''s awesome, but there''s something about the leaked recording that penetrates the soul. The echo of the lyrics sung; the "Forgive me if i spoke too soon" seems, to me at least, to fit so much more well into one of his more solemn numbers than "Excuse me if i spoke too soon". Those little nuanced differences that seem more inkeeping with the tone.Regardless of what i think about the album version, i can''t wait to hear it performed live by the chief, let alone hear the album.If this review of half the album is anything to go by we could be in for as much as a few more classics:http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds-album-preview-491003

Just for a change of tempo. I have been youtubing this all day. I posted it on another site as a comment on a posterspride in their ancestry. A back up to an old troubadour history. From England to Woody and then by Arlo Guthrie.I bought the LP 40 years ago or so. Arlo has aged a little, but the voice is as good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9GkJnAcF4o

That gears trailer is awesome, the track fits seamlessly, can''t wait for that game. I''m currently hooked on the new Hank3 song featuring Tom Waits Ghost to a Ghost. Also check out my friends band called Kill It Kid, I used to live with their singer for two years and he''s a Norwich boy as well. They have been played by Zane Low a couple of times and are getting some buzz now.Hank3 - Ghost to a GhostKill It Kid - Heart Reseted With You

Kudos on Mazzy Star Herman. Been playing that song to myself on guitar a lot recently - very hypnotic.

Interesting you pick Anna Calvi Wings. Very interesting. Must of been a year ago when i

first read up on her, doing work with Johnny Flynn (another young artist i''d

HIGHLY recommend).

At the risk of sounding like a dirty pimp pawning off his prized assett, i hope you enjoy her. Very talented, and deserves to go far. Some of her album''s a tinge bit all over place for me; i''ve struggled get ''it'' so far (intriguing reading her Wiki page - like i struggled to get into the David Lynch films, dark, moody, and a little unsettling), but that link you posted, regardless of Jools Hollands'' face, was great.I''ll bear in mind to give it another shot; the genius doesn''t elude me, even if the taste does a little.

Mick Jaggers new band,Superheavy [:S]

Getting to like Anna Calvi.I''ve heard about 3 or 4 tracks and so far so good.

The Hank3 track is good.Is that Waits at the end,or all the way through?

Stunning Mazzy Star track- one of my faves. There`s a good live mtv version on youtube.

Saw Johnny Flynn at latitude John- had to queue in the rain to get in but was very good.

Same genre/era as Mazzy Star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJrSsrxuPw

Gorgeous track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjncyiuwwXQ

I''ve being hearing that Lana DelRay song on radio 6 over and over again, I thought she was about 80! what a great song.

Good to hear Mazzy star again, takes me back a few years.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

An album I have just found has totally blown me away.

Not many people would be brave enough to take on ''Dark Side Of The Moon'', but the Easy Star All Stars have done a Dub version of it called ''Dubber Side Of The Moon''. It''s sensational.

Here''s a live track from the album. Really worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQT0UfWWghA

[/quote]Always considered buying this, they also did a version of Radiohead''s OK Computer.

[quote user="Marty"]I''ve being hearing that Lana DelRay song on radio 6 over and over again, I thought she was about 80! what a great song. Good to hear Mazzy star again, takes me back a few years.[/quote]

She was great on Later the other night.Worth checking out the whole show.Peter Gabriel,Ghostpoet and  even the Horrors were really good[Y]

I never inhaled when Peter Gabriel performed a Sunday concert.I have just received a load of arabic comments on my old man''s Kurdistan videos, filmed in 1953.A few English comments, all courteous. Anyway I had a look at the old account. Much has changed.I guess I will have to translate their replies. At least they could comment in English. Their language looks very pretty.I hang my head in shame. I know not the use of a colon, semi or otherwise.I think a late Princess knew otherwiseMuch has changed. A new page suggests options you might wish to view. Because you viewed this....Why not try this?.Stuff goes back to Syd  in 2008. Ruby Tuesday 2009 , My views fortunately are all music based.Hex

Interesting stuff Gingerpele.  I knew that everyone said he was their inspiration but never checked him out...Back in the days!I went over his Wiki history last night. A short life with a strange end.I like old blues, in small doses. I was too busy buying contemporary "old blues". hex.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''ve been listening to Robert Johnson quite a bit recently, he is/was very good.[/quote]If you like old delta blues Ginge, listen to Blind Willie McTell and Mississippi Fred McDowell, the two finest bluesman of all time.