Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]*John*similar avatar - oops, sorry John[/quote]Need not worry WITS, an easily made mistake.SA and me have made a loaned exchange of avatar. I can assure you there will be a return to the norm sometime September or October this year.I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.[;)]

James Blake???!!! Has anybody listened to the whole album yet? And does it deserve the critcal love-in?

[:D]I''d never really thought of it like that,but you make a valid point,Buckethead.I should have warned that its gloomy and dark.Quality rant by an old tramp though!

Mojave 3- another way underrated band imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeV_jt7G4js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC5SXxoJL8w

well not the sh*te on the Brits at the moment, how un-inspirational, it has to be the worst ever Brits. Oh maybe I am just getting old. It really is awful apart from the Arcade Fire and the Mumfords. How bad were Take That? over rated dross.

[quote user="Marty"]well not the sh*te on the Brits at the moment, how un-inspirational, it has to be the worst ever Brits. Oh maybe I am just getting old. It really is awful apart from the Arcade Fire and the Mumfords. How bad were Take That? over rated dross.[/quote]I agree, bar Laura Marling (utterly chuffed i am to see her overcome the mainstream wave Cheryl Cole and her fellow auto-tuner control; the talent Laura possesses for someone so young shouldn''t be underestimated). She''s both very intelligent and candid, and for someone in the limelight, she holds that all too rare trait, otherwise known as ''integrity''. No-one else was more deserving of their award tonight than she.Nice to see The National get nominated also; but i understand it''s too early to expect them to trump the ilk of Justin Beiber and the host of music exec''s and pre-pubescent girls that back him (regardless of how undeserving of any musically related award he is).Otherwise, the list of nominations and awards makes for a depressing read, and i only find myself pining for a better world where artistry is valued for what it is, and not every banal thing that encircles it, when in this award ceremonies presence.

Not really aware of Laura Marling to be honest, but I like a fair amount of folk music so I guess it''s good. The nominations were devoid of guitar based music, which means either there wasn''t any worth listening too, or the evolution of music for the younger generations has changed.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Mojave 3- another way underrated band imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeV_jt7G4js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC5SXxoJL8w[/quote]Weren''t they formed by some ex-members of Slowdive?

Graham, yeah it`s basically what Slowdive became once they decided to stop gazing at their shoes ;-) Think it shows how talented they are that they can just slip so seamlessly into a totally different genre.

Herman, glad you liked it- "Between the bars" is a gorgeously poignant song. It`s on the "Spoon and rafter" album but i`d say it would be more at home on "Ask me tomorrow"- lovely Drake-ish pastoral melancholia and their best imo.

[quote user="Marty"]Not really aware of Laura Marling to be honest, but I like a fair amount of folk music so I guess it''s good. The nominations were devoid of guitar based music, which means either there wasn''t any worth listening too, or the evolution of music for the younger generations has changed.
[/quote]

It''s more what the younger generations are fed by the popular music stations - the Radio One controller admitted recently that we are going through an urban music cycle at the moment but that guitar driven music would come round again.

I intend to seek out Laura Marling, can''t argue with the Best Album award - sitting here listening to Mumford and Sons at the mo.

Radioheads new album available today!

I''ll do my usual trick of waiting five years,buying it,and realising it is a great album[:S]