Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

The good Doctor still puts on a great show. 👍

The last time I saw him was supporting The Fall many years ago on a boat in the River Clyde (The Renfrew Ferry), around the time of The Real New Fall LP. Doors opened at the usual time, but JCC came on very late and The Fall never started until aboout 11.30 by which time the crowd was very, very drunk and quite tetchy (I think the gig ended well after 1 in the morning). Great times! 😂

Apples

• Like 1

On 06/08/2019 at 08:50, Mr Apples said:

The good Doctor still puts on a great show. 👍

The last time I saw him was supporting The Fall many years ago on a boat in the River Clyde (The Renfrew Ferry), around the time of The Real New Fall LP. Doors opened at the usual time, but JCC came on very late and The Fall never started until aboout 11.30 by which time the crowd was very, very drunk and quite tetchy (I think the gig ended well after 1 in the morning). Great times! 😂

Apples

I was at the Renfrew Ferry gigs in 2007, when M.E.S. had his American band with him. Good Times. Can´t remember if JCC was supporting then, but he certainly did plenty around the mid 2000´s

• Like 1

Anyone here heard Frog?

Fantastic band and this album is so, so good-

A friend of mine just posted a track by a band called Lakes and I kinda dig that too-

Watched the Joan Armatrading documentary on BBC4. Saw her with her backing group at the time (The Movies I think) supporting Supertramp in (gulp) Ipswich, early 70s.

She was & is brilliant. A one off, genuinely authentic with a unique style which nevertheless covers a huge range of music. Love & Affection still gives me goosebumps. I adore her.

Thom Yorke on Desert Island Discs was a very good guest. Worth catching up on if you are a fan of Radiohead. 

The Liam Gallagher unplugged set that aired on MTV this week is biblical. Currently available on YouTube. Missed out on tickets for the latest tour on general sale but watching it this morning prompted me to grab one off the secondary. Hate paying the touts but couldn’t miss out.

"Whatever happened to this Lady"

She retired after significant problems with her irony meter...it was only later that she realised it was just a coincidence meter and she had fundamentally misunderstood the two concepts. 🤭😂

Apples

She retired after significant problems with her irony meter...it was only later that she realised it was just a coincidence meter and she had fundamentally misunderstood the two concepts.

Sure it wasn't just to have kids?:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Was up in the loft & found my old vinyl records. Closing track off one of my favourites (mine's the 1964 original).

Paul Samwell-Smith's bass is incredible - as fast as Eric's lead!

I don't know what the hell this is (c'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre) ...

Actually I saw her do this live. Sensational doesn't cover it.

Edited by ron obvious