Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Best song from Supernatural, is the ''Oh Death'' one in series 4, or is it 5, which ever one Death is in, Series 5.....

I have been listening to YES, something most people probably keep schtum about!

[quote user="Marty"]I have been listening to YES, something most people probably keep schtum about![/quote]

Au contraire marty! Close to the Edge is a marvellous work and recently rediscovered by me.

Rick Wakeman is at St Andrews Hall Norwich sometime soon I think.

FAO Captain Holt''s Derby Day Hat-trick.

Hey mate, I''m sure you knew Jim Jones Revue are on at the Waterfront Norwich on 16th April. I''ve just booked tickets, cheers for the heads up!

Just downloaded "Burning Your House Down" and listening now.

I know people say lyrics in commercial rap music means nothing todayBut if you know anything about Dr Dre''s past, theres a lot of truth come out in this tuneHis ex-friend who died of AIDS by the age of 31 (who''s grave he visits at the end credits) Talk about his son who died, etcDr Dre - I Need A Doctorhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA770wpLX-Q

Take your point on the lyrics Alejandra. But just before I set off for a book and bed,must mention that I looked up an old favourite "Deportees". Just a few moments ago.I didn''t know there were so many variants. Byrds, Arlo and Woody Guthrie.Many others.A good song and touching too from times past.ce

Blimey. I have a few old Arlo LPs but he has aged a little. As I have .Exploring old favourites he sounds the same. "City of New Orleans".ce

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]The new Joe Bonamassa album is fantastic.Also, just got into Manchester Orchestra. Hooked on ''Simple Math'' at the moment. A stunning track![/quote]Slightly disappointed by the new Bonamassa record, however I think it will be a grower. Been listening to a lot of Scott Biram, going through a bit of a shit time and his soul really comes through in his music, and talking of lyrics he writes such wonderful lyrics, that really mean something. Unhinged Canary if you like Bonamassa, you must check Biram out, He is also just about to embark on a European tour:Scott H. Biram - Wreck My CarScott H. Biram - Long FingernailsAlso an album I always listen to when feeling crap is the Great Southern Trendkill by Pantera. I maintain it is the only good thing that Heroin has ever done, because the lyrics are fuckin'' dark but the aggression and blackness of it make you realise that everyone has shit to put up with, two great examples of fantastic lyrics are these two from that record:Pantera - Drag The WatersPantera - Suicide Note Part 1

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

I was introduced to this song in a round about way by a work colleague.

Warning: explicit and violent lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo&feature=fvsr  Dance with the Devil - Immortal Technique.

Easy listening it ain''t. I''m not sure what I think of it.

[/quote]

Blimey that''s dark.Makes The Wire look like Emmerdale! Not too sure if i like it or not,but the ''story telling rap'' is good[Y]

(Is that The Hulk end theme?)

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Alejandra"]Billy Corgan - Mina Loy (M.O.H)such a cool song !http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhRpGPPoOfk[/quote]Hmm, not really loving to his solo stuff as much as the Smashing Pumpkins... Siamese Dream will always be one of my favourite albums. Hey! There''s an idea... now I''m listening to:Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaisehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA3UnaKpe4E[/quote]One of the greatset albums of all time, I played it almost non-stop on casette in my Mini when I was a student. It seemed to be my only casette and it has Orbital II (the Brown album) on side 2. I probably still have that tape. My commute to uni took almost exactly the first 4 tracks, I never got out of my car until I''d heard the lovely outro to track 4 (at least I think it was track 4).

Fair mark i think UHI[Y]

Syd Barrett,even though he made some great music with Floyd,i feel they got much,much better when he ''left''.