Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

On 01/10/2010 at 21:25, Talk Show Host said:

We need a thread for knowing what albums are big in the Pinkun masses. We just do.

• Iron Maiden - "The Number of the Beast"
  • The Stone Roses - "The Stone Roses"
  • We Can''t Dance - "Wishful Thinking - EP"

Well, Talk Show Host, I'm currently listening to three liberals and a monkey:

🤣

6 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Thanks for these selections RO (as ever a musical education). Run out of reactions today. Never heard of any of these artists! I loved the Principal Edwards MT violin .... it takes the whole piece in a slightly different direction and in fact quite moving. Must download that to my YouTube player app for more daily listens. Cheers.

Not been here for a while, I need to go back through these and do some listening, but I stumbled across this and love it.

• Like 2

Here is some Hippy-ish stuff i'm currently listening to...

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Keep them coming lads. I'm struggling for new and interesting music. Good to hear some different Focus. More "jazzy" than I was expecting.

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Keep them coming lads. I'm struggling for new and interesting music. Good to hear some different Focus. More "jazzy" than I was expecting.

Very jazzy by Jan Akkerman. It's a great little album (In and Out of Focus)

Recall a record shop in about 1979 selling off 'weird' stock at 10p each. I bought a few albums blind and included a selection off them here (I had not heard of any artists so would be interested if others have).

• Like 1

Hadn't heard of any of them. Like that Black Velvet. Has a touch of Santana. This from the same era and similar sound.

Punk and New Wave years with Annie Nightingale on BBC 4 between 9.00 and 11.00 tonight, may be worth a look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Aerosmith/run DMC version is in my top ten songs of all time and will always get me dancing (yes. Sober)

I always forget how good the original is tho. Why the hell did run dmc/Rubin lose that cowbell????

• Like 1

Great choice Herman. Today I am mostly listening to cheering happy people on the streets of the USA and around the world.

On 17/10/2020 at 12:16, Jools said:

Well, Talk Show Host, I'm currently listening to three liberals and a monkey:

🤣

For some reason, I can't get this out of my head at the moment:

• Haha 1

Stoke City away. Put it on in pub near the ground and  the screamed blue murder. I told them Mrs KG danced to it on our wedding night. I was dressed like Eno come to think of it.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It will be 40 years soon

Second band I ever saw live, at the Ipswich Gaumont. I queued afterwards and got them all to sign my Dare picture disk.

In truth, I always preferred the pre-split version, when they were more in keeping with that Sheffield industrial thing. How this was never a massive hit is still a mystery:

• Like 1