Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Top one is PJH? Unless it's someone who looks a bit like her?

EDIT - I didn't read the question properly. I thought it said 90's....probably because I was convinced that was Polly 

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Top one is PJH? Unless it's someone who looks a bit like her?

EDIT - I didn't read the question properly. I thought it said 90's....probably because I was convinced that was Polly 

FAR too much meat on her bones for Polly (& prettier if I'm honest).

PJ Harvey Polly Jean lick my legs - Pj Harvey - Mug | TeePublic

PS just googled her (yeees) & it's Susanna Hoffs. Would never have recognised her - looks about a foot taller than I remember.

Edited by ron obvious

She's in her early 60s, he in his late 50s. I think we can guess who has lived the healthier lifestyle.😀

Nice selections Kg. Joanna is a nice one to include.

There's lots of great early Scott and I couldn't resist adding one here plus another God Bless the Child version (BS & T very good too).

Susanne Sundfør also did a neat version of the latter on a recent BBC Newsnight programme (of all TV places you might not expect to hear someone sing live. Also on YouTube).

You very rarely see a drummer use the brushes anymore, probably because nobody writes songs like theses anymore. But they do give a great extended feel to the rhythm that makes you want to sway your way around the room.

I haven't listened to the others yet but I know that Sibelius piece is one of the finest pieces of classical music around. 

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

I haven't listened to the others yet but I know that Sibelius piece is one of the finest pieces of classical music around. 

The 2nd movement of the above piano concerto is sublimely beautiful

On 02/06/2020 at 19:57, sonyc said:

In the spirit of Spirit here are some more hippy rock n' rollers.

• Like 1

1. An angry Rundgren

2. Sad Neil Finn

3. Favourite Kate Bush

4. Estonian choral work of art

• Like 1

On 03/06/2020 at 22:26, ron obvious said:

Enjoyed these. Be Bop Deluxe missed me by I'm afraid to say, so this was a first listen. Packed in so much in that 2 minute song. Worth looking at more. The Shostakovich I'm sure you included earlier on because it's now familiar and those manic movements amongst the lovely sweeps. Sibelius always a favourite. Another one to save to my playlist app 👍 

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Enjoyed these. Be Bop Deluxe missed me by I'm afraid to say, so this was a first listen. Packed in so much in that 2 minute song. Worth looking at more. The Shostakovich I'm sure you included earlier on because it's now familiar and those manic movements amongst the lovely sweeps. Sibelius always a favourite. Another one to save to my playlist app 👍 

Yes! Dmitri might well have been a double post; I'm keeping a list & crossing them off as I go but that one snuck through. my PC didn't wake up this morning & i hadn't saved my list, so I spent a while going through them again. Doh! Must remember to save things ...

20 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

love that Kate Bush song 🙂

Yes, it's intriguing (written in 1978 but released later). It was a choice of this song or Full House.

BTW if I listen to disco (funkier stuff) which is not so often, it's the bass lines that I listen out for always. It's the kind of soul of that kind of music for me. Can't really explain more!

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

One of Mrs Sonyc's claim to fame is that Brian Connelly grabbed her by the shoulders at a gig.

RIP Steve Priest

Edited by sonyc

Me and my cousin did a recording of us singing along to Blockbuster playing on the radio when it was in the charts-we were about 8 or 9 years old. In my opinion they were the best glam rock band. 

In 1997 my cricket club did a Stars In Their Eyes competition and I sang Ballroom Blitz. Brian Connolly had very recently died so it was quite poignant for me. Both Brian and Mick Tucker lived locally so I told my brother who was compering the night that I had got some of Brian’s clothes from Mick and was therefore wearing authentic 70s gear-I’d actually bought it that day in local charity shops!

I might have a glam rock music afternoon today-love T-Rex too.