Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

I finally got around to buying this album. A hint of the Chicago they would turn into in a few songs, but the album gets better and rockier as it goes on, finishing with that great track. A brilliant version of I'm A Man on there as well.

Peter Cetera's fault for the change.

I was living in NZ when these lads were growing up and before Neil had joined Split Enz. He joined just as I left. I think they had a residency at West Runton as they were there so much.

I was a 16 year old lying in bed listening to radio Luxembourg late on a Sunday night. The usual pop music had been playing- Hollies, Tremeloes, Hermans Hermits

and this came on and changed what music I listened to for the rest of my life. I had never heard anything so fantastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I'll never understand why The Who didn't release the original as a single. Guaranteed smash!

• Like 1

On 13/02/2020 at 23:20, keelansgrandad said:

I was a 16 year old lying in bed listening to radio Luxembourg late on a Sunday night. The usual pop music had been playing- Hollies, Tremeloes, Hermans Hermits

and this came on and changed what music I listened to for the rest of my life. I had never heard anything so fantastic.

Where has it all gone?? My life I mean :classic_sad:

I associate this with Incense & Peppermints, Mr Armageddon, & this one (featuring a very young Andy Summers)

John Peel's got a lot to answer for. Bless him.

Seeing SAHB do this live was one of the scariest experiences of my life. Alex flicking Zal with a bullwhip to keep him under control ...

There was a great documentary on BBC Four about Tears for Fears last night 

Yes. watched it. I bought Songs from the Big Chair when it came out after a friend gave me a cassette of The Hurting. I played it and played it at work and drove them all nuts. It was/is one of the great collections and one wherre virtually every song is as good as the rest.

Roland Orzabal is still one of the great song writers and I listen to his music continually. And I loved the way the producer and engineer described how trial and error made good songs, great songs.

Levi Stubbs. One of the great vocalists. He was a real true humble star. He refused to change the name to Levi Stubbs and the Three Tops. He refused to sign contracts as a solo act. He demanded the groups money be split equally four ways. No Prima Donnas.

• Like 1

Elastic Man on tour!

19.02.20 - Daughters of Reykjavík - Oslo

20.02.20 - Daughters of Reykjavík - Tromsø

21.02.20 - Daughters of Reykjavík - Tromsø

22.02.20 - Sleater Kinney - Frankfurt 

23.02.20 - Hatari - Reykjavík 

#Don'tTellGreta

😀

22 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Or these?

Ah! The Lovin' Spoonful.🕺💃 Nothing bad could ever happen while listening to them.

59 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The little dissonance at the end gets me every time.

Edited by ron obvious

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

This might be even lovelier than the Faure

Thanks. I do know it, from a friend who sings in a London choir (they were the cowled monks backing Madonna recently at the Eurovision Song Contest...) and recommended it, as a lesser-known but brilliant work.

This came on the radio this morning & I was in a different place. I knew it wasn't Bach, although the form was similar. I did guess it right, & couldn't resist a big YES! at the end. Beautiful.

Beatles' covers are usually dire. This is not. It has the added virtue of spotlghting one of the best yet least regarded songs on the 'Whte Album'.

I heard this for the first time in ages. Reminded me how good she is.