Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAAItQ8Uyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAAItQ8Uyo[/url][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7T4I6N7Sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7T4I6N7Sk[/url][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHUtrnk75ZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHUtrnk75ZE[/url]

Enjoy!

If you like Idles you may like the awfully named Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs etc. The passion of Idles with the oomph of Motorhead.

Just reprised the 1985 album Flaunt the Imperfection by China Crisis.

Still stands the test of time for me even if the synth is very eighties.

They still tour but never come anywhere near Cornwall.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just reprised the 1985 album Flaunt the Imperfection by China Crisis.

Still stands the test of time for me even if the synth is very eighties.

They still tour but never come anywhere near Cornwall.

Do you get any of the bigger bands down that way?

Do you get any of the bigger bands down that way?

Only very now and again. There are the Eden Concerts but you have to wait 2 days online to try and get a ticket and get to to six in the queue and Windows updates and you lose your place.

Every now and again a band will do a small venue such as the Watering Hole at Perranporth but that is about that. Even Plymouth find it hard getting bands past Bristol. And Bristol becomes an overnighter so the cost becomes horrendous.

Trouble is. being in your late 60's, they assume you listen to Mantovani. I grew up in the 60's when music and particularly rock music changed forever. I am quite happy to give new bands a listen because the style of music is now ingrained in my head. But they look at you as if you want tickets for Daniel O'Donnell.

• Haha 1

Becoming a big fan of the new country rock that is a bit more soulful. This band is touring the UK. Sold out at Bristol the nearest to me but it means an overnight stop which won't be possible anyway. If you like them there are plenty of vids on YouTube.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 19:30, Herman said:

If you like Idles you may like the awfully named Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs etc. The passion of Idles with the oomph of Motorhead.

Yes, I like Pigs x 7 but it really is a god awful name.

In honour of Teemu Pukki I have been giving Steve n Seagulls a bit of a blast today. Should have seen them at the Looe Music Festival last summer but the organisers ran out of money beforehand and none of the original acts appeared.

Love their version of Thunderstruck

A little masterpiece from the greatest guitarist of them all, according to Hendrix anyway, the late Terry Kath who also had the voice of a soulful angel

I'd always associated Chicago with dreadful 80s soft rock but that is good. Will have to keep an eye out for that on my next record shop👍

One particular member of Chicago, Peter Cetera, dragged the band down the soft rock route, especially after the unfortunate death of Terry Kath. And then he left to pursue an 80's power ballad career, which was sad as he was himself an accomplished rock/jazz bass player.

• Thanks 1

Here you go Keelan,learn some Kernowek.

I was reminded of her work and I remembered it being good.

• Like 1

I was reminded of her work and I remembered it being good.

Perhaps our Enya! Mind you she is talking a pile of bilge. Cornwall doesn't get any exposure! What? Doc Martin, Delicious, Poldark, Fisherman's Friend are probably global and nowhere has had more EU funding than Cornwall. Of course the Govt doesn't fund it if someone else is going to.
I'm afraid she has the silly attitude of nobody loves us whereas millions come down on holiday because they want to enjoy the area and get told they are ants! How do you fall out with a Cornishman? Do him a favour.

My guilty pleasure is Electro Swing, so here's a couple of tracks from a superb band Caravan Palace.

Watch for the superb mic swap after the dance routine...

• Like 1

Saw Michael Rother from Neu backed up by Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth in a small club in Chelsea. A 69 and 60 year old still rocking it. Cracking gig.

A bit of electronica for North Norfolkers.

"I’m really excited to announce my new album, Yes! Come Parade With Us, which I’ve been sitting on it like a hen on her eggs for a few months now. I made the record using my modular synth and and a bounty of field recordings gathered on my summer holiday walking 60 miles of the Norfolk Coast Path. It also features two amazing drummers: Tom Skinner (Hello Skinny, Sons of Kemet) and my Polar Bear bandmate Seb Rochford.

The physical act of walking in Norfolk, drinking in all these amazingly wild vistas inspired the tempo and the melodies you’ll hear. Each song also contains sounds fresh from the coast – Doing The Beeston Bump opens with a walk on the pebble beach at Cley-Next-The-Sea. Elephant Bones contains the eerie sound of masts in the wind at Blakeney boat yard and on Pillar are a myriad of sounds from Wells harbour: slack water, moored fishing boats, and countless birds, including a tern catching its breakfast"

Edited by Herman