Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Going to see Television in a couple of weeks. Blasting Marquee Moon for the first time in ages[Y]

I''m off to the Ibiza Prom at Blickling Friday, and after listening to the Ibiza Prom on Radio 1 with Pete Tong last week I can''t wait to catch Insomnia!

Blimey, forgotten all about them. (Cooper Temple Clause).

Saw them support MUSE at UEA a few years back.

I got the CD on the strength of them being very good, I''ll have to dig it out.

Did anyone on here go see Stone Roses in June? I went to the first night they did, from what I can remember it was pretty special. Interesting night following the gig, but seeing them live was unreal!

You rockers, when this band are back in Britain try your hardest to get to see them. The leariest gig I have been to in a long time. Superb.[url]https://youtu.be/Phjjtlv6BOo[/url]

[:D] I will be going back to normal soon.Question to you and any other gig goers. Has there been a step up in security at most venues lately? The one in London on friday had metal detectors, emptying of pockets and full pat downs. The queue this caused was massive and I''m sure quite a few would have missed the start.

Haven''t been to what I call a big gig in ages, have tended to go to smaller local venues with not so well known bands lately.

I guess with what''s going on in the world and what happened at Le Bataclan, it makes sense.

It makes full sense and I have no problem with it, it''s just the first time I''ve seen it at a larger venue, nearly a year after Bataclan. The fact it was done badly didn''t help.

Not noticed any difference at all-although I spoke to a bloke last week who saw the Eagles ODM in London recently-he said everyone kept on turning round to make sure nothing untoward was happening 😕

Off to the 100 Club tomorrow to see a punk tribute fest- Sex Pistols, Clash and Stranglers tribute bands.

New Pixies album, Head Carrier is fantastic. Loving their stuff since they''ve come back (though all Frank Black stuff was awesome too).

Brilliant band live too and are over here late Nov/Dec

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]New Pixies album, Head Carrier is fantastic. Loving their stuff since they''ve come back (though all Frank Black stuff was awesome too).

Brilliant band live too and are over here late Nov/Dec[/quote][Y] Love the Pixies.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]If you like Dinosaur Jr and early era Weezer then check out "teens of Denial" by the (awfully named) Car seat headrest. If you hear anything better than "Destroyed by Hippie Powers" then let me know.

Early contention for the Borkins Album of the Year award alongside the new Radiohead album.[/quote]Starting to get this now. Didn''t like it much at first but 6music has been playing it a bit as one of the albums of the year. A grower as they say[Y]

It''s good mate. The live festival version is cracking. Not sure if I''d want to be in the middle of it though.

RIP Rick Parfitt. Never a massive fan of the Quo but they did knock out a few classics in their day.

I heard this on 6 this morning and personally, it''s a cracker. For those that like Mogwai, Godspeed, early Sigur Ros type post-rock. Slow starter.[url]https://youtu.be/mpmtnLLZPcg[/url]

Went to Amsterdam last week, saw St Paul and the Broken Bones at the Paradiso. It''s an excellent venue ( an old church ) and worth a visit.

Australian jangly pop-rock. A small hint of the Go-Betweens plus other influences (that I am struggling to put a finger on).[url]https://youtu.be/bvjsAIpNy6I[/url]

Sway - Magna Carta CartelAll of the members of Ghost were meant to be in Magna Carta Cartel before Ghost became popular and MCC was put on the back burner. One of their members has come out and said he was one of the nameless members of Ghost and MCC is making a comeback. Good, easy listening bit of music.

For Wings Of A Sparrow/Muse fans.[url]http://muse.mu/news,london-benefit_2782.htm[/url]Good luck.