Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

The "King of the Blues", guitarist and singer BB King, has died aged 89. He certainly was the King. RIP BB.

Listening to The Redskins, Neither Washington Nor Moscow plus some other tracks. Going to put on Lloyd Cole And The Commotions next, the Rattlesnakes album, probably the only album I''ve heard that I love every track of.

The newly reformed Libertines are strongly tipped to be playing at Glasto in about half an hour as a mystery guest (as Foo Fighters had to quit due to having a broken leg). Should be on TV (red button) if anyones interested. Their first album especially I think is in the top 5 best debut albums ever.

Just watched the Super Furries set. Very good.Wolf Alice are getting a massive big-up from the press. Haven''t been overawed as of yet. Nice looking frontwoman though.

Kanye West?? Ok I suppose from what I saw. Wanted him to blow people away just to shut up the idiotic critics but didn''t do enough. Not been converted.

My sentiments exactly Mrs M, he wouldn''t know great rock, if it came and smacked his wife''s generous posterior.
On the subject of Glastonbury, can the people at the front please put their flags down?

There is usually a Norwich flag somewhere. Haven''t seen it yet.

The old uns showed Kanye how to do it today. Patti Smith and Lionel Richie were very good.

999. Saw these guys last night. Very good. Backed up by a band called the Zipheads who are well worth checking out.

Our guitarist was playing bass with the 3rd band, The Blissetts (named after Luther Blissett).

I saw 999 at a punk/rockabilly festival in Norfolk a few years ago and thought they were awful!

I said to my mate I recognised him, but couldn''t remember from where. They were good. Nuts and bolts, sweary punk but tight musicianship and the guitarist was good.I enjoyed 999. Being a small venue with a spot-on soundman helped. (Maybe the lagers as well).

The Blissetts also supported the Anti-Nowhere League in May and coincidentally the ANWL also played at that same festival in Norfolk and were also rubbish-maybe it was just me though!

We supported The Flatmates at the Sebright Arms in Bethnal Green last night. Not many people there because of the Tube strike but it was a great little venue with a great sound, very good soundman and nice friendly staff.

Our guitarist was very excited because the band that The Blissetts are supporting www.thesexpisseddolls.com at the Hertford Corn Exchange on Thursday 30th July.

Someone got a Talking Heads CD for their birthday. It''s not a bad thing though.[url]https://youtu.be/d-FgEyOV7bQ[/url]

Must admit its grown on me a bit. Really didn''t like it at all the first time I heard it but now I do think theres a good song in there somewhere. I think perhaps I thought they''d have a more dirtier sound like they used to back in the day in the early 2000''s with Mick Jones from the clash producing. However, with this album they seem to have got in more of a pop producer....so we''ll see. On the new track gunga din (taken from the Kipling poem) the chorus is taken way up in the mix which is the only thing that annoys me about it, probably the reason why I like the live versions of this songs much more.

I think the album is released around the 2nd week of next month. Looking forward to hearing "You''re my Waterloo" which they played at glasto. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw3nxUt9t3o

If anyones interested, the last thing the singer released was Flags of the Old Regime, which was about his friend Amy Whinehouse. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSo6mE3WDjs