Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Good documentary on Muscle Shoals on iplayer. A small recording studio in segregated Alabama, where legendary black soul singers would sing with a geeky, but brilliant group of white musicians and technicians. It later split off to record bands such as the Allmans and Skynyrd. Well worth a watch.

Status Quo are often mocked but between top of the poppers and money making machine they were the most incredible live blues band {check out someone`s learning}. Enjoying the `frantic four` videos, yes I`m an old git but Francis Rossi does for the telecaster what Hendrix did for the strat and if I had to choose one album to listen to for the rest of my days it would be Ma Kelly.

"Also Sprach Thothch" I spent an hour watching Plantain. Robert Plant. His story and a very nice travelogue it was.Bemused (as always).  I followed  Bert Jansch.  A cosy bit of nostalgia. I have around 15 LPsI was too young to get to Soho or even the The hotel.John Renbourn was good.Davy Graham as well.Herman. The music you mentioned "was from Black Swan".Bert Jansch --and Slim Chance.hex

Thanks Herm some great harp playing there. Couple of other favourite harp men of mine are Paul Jones and Charlie McCoy. McCoy just takes it for me. Always been a blues fan but like all music really. Daughter does a bit of gigging on tenor sax, son plays harp, and blues, and Dobro guitar.

A couple of guys at work are trying to push me onto blues,as I do struggle with it, and they have gifted me with a few gems over the years. I''ll always keep my ears open, as I still love hearing ''new'' music.

I don''t mind a bit of blues, far from my favourite i must admit. The thing I really don''t like is how people in blues go on about how blues started everything and is the original music and therefore thats all they do, because as Jack white recently said ''So why do anything else''....thats a pet hate, i''m glad i got that of my chest

For me blues and country done right is the finest music to have walked this land. Mississippi Fred McDowell, Blind Willie McTell, Son House, LedBelly, Hank Williams, Cash, Scott Biram, Possessed by Paul James, Hank 3 are all fantastic.

Done badly though and both genres can be very naff.

Thanks[Y]

One things for certain, I won''t be listening or watching that crock of Eurovision.

Only been once, but Cambridge is a nice festival. Civilised and most of the music was good.

Bright Eyes album...seems along time ago now for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztGPYPArAyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZc2ylAwRf8