Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Although it''s a sad reason, 6music has been really good today. Playing lots of his stuff and some great cover versions.

Aye. A bit sad that they have to wait for the guy to die to play some of his music.(Other than Walk and Perfect).

what an amazing lyricist. The classic songs; perfect day, heroin, satellite of love, walk on the wild side, sunday morning, etc etc were fantastic. But also songs that at first seemed to just be ''album fillers'' had moments of absolute genius (e.g ending of ''i''ll be your mirror''). I wonder how Bowie would have turned out if Lou hadn''t of existed?

Excellent, slightly underrated album that.

My mate went to see Babyshambles in sHatfield the other day and was impressed as well. Shambolic as the name suggests but good.

Phew! Lucky escape - Haim cancelled.

Currently spinning the Sex Pistols - No Future UK?/Spunk album (CD).

Pre Never Mind the Bollocks studio bootleg album with Matlock on Bass. A bit less polished than NMTB but better for it somehow.

Haven''t heard this in its entirety for a lot of years.

I''m being unkind.

There was so much good stuff coming up I decided to see a couple of bands I hadn''t seen before (Palma Violets being the other one).

I like my music a bit rocky, but to be fair I haven''t really had a chance to listen to Haim, which I will do now.

By all accounts they are good live, but, it''s not what I''d normally choose to listen to.

Fair enough. Heard a couple of songs on radio and they''re good but I''m not in a rush to buy the album.

For a bit of fun google ''Haim bass face''.

At the moment I am mostly listenning to...

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

Suede - Suede & Dog Man Star

Muse - Showbiz

Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything

Pet Shop Boys - Introspective

Susanne Sundfor

M83

[quote user="Herman "]That bloody Lily Allen song. Annoying me now.[/quote]

Amen to that, I thought she was gone, but no...like bl00dy herpes she is.

A new venue at Lowestoft. The Aquarium part of Claremont Pier.

Appearing soon, From the Jam, The Beat, Big Country and Lee Scratch Perry and Jefferson Starship (although I can''t see that on their own website but stumbled across it on a Norfolk Gig Guide). Plenty of meh others too.

Anyone experienced it?

Sex Pistols at Ivanhoe''s Huddersfield.

Some good unseen footage there. The kid''s party was a bit bizarre but showed another side to them.

It never ceases to amaze me how dull, drab and depressing general film footage from that era is.

Me, I was having the time of my life!

There''s me reminding you and I forgot myself. What a berk. Thankfully iplayer is around.

Just stumbled on the ''Internet Archive'' site. It has a library of thousands of live concerts, mostly very obscure bands, but with some known bands, free to download. Worth a look.

A really good documentary on Blondie on iplayer. Well worth a watch. And also one about Sound City by Dave Grohl.

question, for you all - what is the ''greatest ever song''?

The NME (unsurprisingly) stupidly put Nirvana''s ''Smells Like Teen Spirit'' as number one. Although I don''t quite understand how this can be top of the list for all time greatest songs, it''s extremely hard (in my opinion) to actually pick one so realised its a bit hypocritical to argue with it. Any thoughts?

I was kind of thinking:

God only knows, London Calling, Gimme shelter etc - stuff like that, but i don''t know if they''d be at the top of the list

It is a tricky question because you have to take out your personal tastes out of the equation to get a a reasonable answer. It''s all about songs that broke the mould at the time.

The Beatles first single, early black rock n roll, Elvis, Pistols etc.

Smells is probably up there as it was different to all that was around. Stone Roses are up there but what song. And though I never liked it at the time,Thriller was also a top song.

Anyway enough of that guff, my personal best is;

Once in a Lifetime or Let There Be Rock as all round brilliant pieces of music.

Wot no MUSE or Carter USM?

Plenty of representation by the Beatles, Oasis and The Smiths amongst that lot.

Hard to argue against that and I feel at least they''ve given a bit of thought about how they''ve arrived at that list.

But it''s all very subjective - there wasn''t many out and out old school rock for example (Led Zep, Purple etc) - 3 I think I counted.

There was plenty of punk ones in there so I was happy.

Not sure I could pick my top three though, 500 might be easier but I don''t think I could put them in order.

But there I am going on about my favourite songs,not necessarily the greatest recorded songs of all time.

Club Des Belugas - Forward

A stunning collection of Electro Swing, Lounge and Nu Jazz. Their re-mix of Anita O''Day''s Peanut Vendor is great, as is Straight To Memphis, writen and sung by Brenda Boykin.

I''ve just got a 3 album set called ''Catwalk Beats'' featuring more of the above sort of music. Perfect, as I''m playing music in Jarrolds Fashion Department for their event as part of Norwich fashion Week!