Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Bob Dylan live 1966. The "Judas" concert. Great for a car journey across London. You can play it loud because more than 15 mph is pretty impossible,so the car more or less drives itself.Especially the final song upcoming.After all the booing and heckling.3 footstamps and he turns to the Band "Play it Fu+=ing LOUD"Brings tears to the eyes after all these years.I sound like an old codger but my nephew has awe at the collection on the shelf in my office, (his bedroom at the moment.)Plans to do some..... ripping... don''t tell Sony.Happy 70th Mr Z.ce

Thanks Herman. I will dip into that next.. I was faffing about replying to Alejandra being younger than the song byGeorge Harrison. Nothing wrong with that.Alejandra. Bob D. signed off his China show with "Forever Young".Enjoy it while you can with the hound which is probably as big as you by now.ce 

Thanks for that Herman, at the moment the old bloke is in all the newspapers.Strange programme about the Dylan Garbologist!.I was faffing about replying to Alejandra,mentioning that Bob.D ended his recent China concert with "Forever Young".Nothing wrong with being young A. Enjoy it with your puppy ,I bet the hound is as big as you by now!.Good song anyway.ce

OOOOPS. That was not my fault. Archant cut me off mid post and then posted me again.As you say Herman a very glitchy forum.... No wonder I have been seeking fresh fields.ce

[quote user="ChristopherE"]Thanks for that Herman, at the moment the old bloke is in all the newspapers.Strange programme about the Dylan Garbologist!.I was faffing about replying to Alejandra,mentioning that Bob.D ended his recent China concert with "Forever Young".Nothing wrong with being young A. Enjoy it with your puppy ,I bet the hound is as big as you by now!.Good song anyway.ce[/quote]I''ll listen to anything as long as it''s good, the age of it doesnt bother me really, but my friends do think its odd if im not listening to tunes that are not currently fresh, i guess I''m just different [:P]Rico is less pup but still small, laziest dog ever lol

Well Herman ,after having to register and discovering that I am not the only ChristopherE in the world.A humbling experience. I am about to embark on a new world of radio. I always wanted to listen to the radio hour.It was usually beyond our bedtime!. I know it is available on CD. Watching the re-run of No Direction Home, showed he was a good talker."There is no Diva like an old Diva."ce

[quote user="ChristopherE"]OOOOPS. That was not my fault. Archant cut me off mid post and then posted me again.As you say Herman a very glitchy forum.... No wonder I have been seeking fresh fields.ce[/quote]Old fukkers like myself do declare that today''s muzak is sh*tte, ain''t seen these boys for nearly 30 years.....price of a pint 58p and a maiden as well. YouTube - RDB - Remous Down Boulevard - Live!

Crikey Herman... there is masses of stuff to catch up with. Looking forward to dipping in to Kris Kristofferson too. ce. As for Canning Town pubs. Best demolished. At least the Hope and Anchor still runs.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Willmeister, liking the Hank Williams III stuff - cheers.[Y]

ps currently enjoying the Vaccines.

[/quote]Glad to hear mate, one of the main reasons I like him so much is that he doesn''t make trendy, fashionable music. He plays the stuff he loves, regardless of the fact if it will make him money or not. One of the last few to play neo-traditional country as well. A true artist.On the topic of George Harrison and Bob Dylan:Traveling Wilburys - End of the Line

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Currently listening to Going Blank Again by Ride for the first time.  Excellent!Also bought Slowdive''s and Swervedriver''s entire back catalogue (well, almost all of Swervedriver''s but let''s not get too picky).[/quote]

Just listening to "Son of a mustang ford". Wow, what an underrated band Swervedriver were. Probably mentioned them on this thread already but have you listened to any Telescopes stuff Graham?

I have Raise by Swervedriver, a good albums, must dig it out and give it a listen.I checked Swervedriver on Amazon and it also says that customers bought items by Mogwai, Ride, Wedding Present, Catherine Wheel, Sugar, My Bloody Valentine, Ned''s Atmoci Dustbin, Chapterhouse, Lush, etc. - it''s like my album collection from my Uni days! Has anyone listened to the Catherine Wheel or Sugar at all?I bought the new Big Country compilation yesterday, £5 for 35 tracks, a bloody bargain and some rarities too. Also listening to the Young Knives new cd.

Those bands you mention are from a very specific period. I have Copper Blue by Sugar in my collection (purchased after seeing them at the UEA) a very good album but sadly probably many years since it''s had an airing. I must dig it out for a spin. The Wedding Present are perennial favourites of mine - 4 excellent first albums but went off them a bit after that. Gutted I missed them in Norwich recently - I think you said you were catching them in Leicester (doing the first two albums or something?)

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

ps currently enjoying the Vaccines.

[/quote]May not be your thing Wings, but the frontman, Justin Young, was a solo artist prior to joining The Vaccines.Performed under the alias ''Jay Jay Pistolet''. Think less ''Ramones'', more ''Neil Young'':http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etP50Q6QVic&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGQKLgL2Wghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlva07_H8zo&feature=relatedAgain, could well be the case that it''s not your bag, but then i don''t see any harm in keeping a backlog on these kind of things.

Really enjoyed those youtubes. Great songs but I loved the final family video.I have often felt that my attempts at youtubes were a bit naff. Been banned by Sony for obvious reasons.Buick? by the dockside.Still, the director of Ronnie Lane''s "Passing Show" was kind enough to comment and mentioned his film had beenre-issued on DVD and was now much better. One for the Birthday List."Tin and Tambourine". Not listening at the moment but it''s always on the player.Here is another one to consider. As there are many modern country /folk rock postingshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70zT3lXPZc           ................( Eric Anderson).First song I played when I pulled MrsE,  a lifetime ago.ce

Marty, did you know Catherine Wheel were from Yarmouth? And they played alot of their early gigs in Norwich- i saw them three times i think. Good band, but maybe not quite up there with alot of other bands in that "noisepop" genre for me.... Last i heard they`d all moved to America where they had a decent following.

P.s. Anyone going to Godspeed YBE at the uea? Can`t wait!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Currently listening to Going Blank Again by Ride for the first time.  Excellent!Also bought Slowdive''s and Swervedriver''s entire back catalogue (well, almost all of Swervedriver''s but let''s not get too picky).[/quote]

Just listening to "Son of a mustang ford". Wow, what an underrated band Swervedriver were. Probably mentioned them on this thread already but have you listened to any Telescopes stuff Graham?[/quote]Indeed Swervedriver were very underrated!  Duel and Never Lose That Feeling are two of my favourites.I haven''t heard any Telescopes stuff yet but I will make sure I check them out, thanks [Y]Also on the subject of Catherine Wheel - I think they''re very good actually, and another to file under ''underrated''.  Their first two albums, Ferment and Chrome, really are excellent (in my opinion).  Admittedly the later material isn''t on the same level.  They moved away from the shoegaze aspect of it almost completely - not necessarily a bad thing of course but I''m not convinced it totally worked for them.  They definitely seemed more popular in the US than they did over here.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Marty, did you know Catherine Wheel were from Yarmouth? And they played alot of their early gigs in Norwich- i saw them three times i think. Good band, but maybe not quite up there with alot of other bands in that "noisepop" genre for me.... Last i heard they`d all moved to America where they had a decent following. P.s. Anyone going to Godspeed YBE at the uea? Can`t wait![/quote]

Missed out on tickets for the London gigs.Still some for Ally Pally,but its such a shithouse venue that i''d rather not.[:(]Got some new material being written,so hopefully....

I knew the Catherine Wheel where from that area. I think Adam and Eve is an incredible album, even there weaker albums have some amazing tracks.

I knew the Catherine Wheel where from that area. I think Adam and Eve is an incredible album, even there weaker albums have some amazing tracks.