Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Good call,that or Animals.Wish You Were Here close 3rd.

Somewhere out there is a fantastic surfing video to accompany Echoes[Y]

[quote user="Herman "]

Good call,that or Animals.Wish You Were Here close 3rd.

Somewhere out there is a fantastic surfing video to accompany Echoes[Y]

[/quote]I could never afford to buy Meddle until I started work 4 years after it''s release. The old c90 tapes were the hip chicks of the day, well worn and full of hiss and passed around.....youngsters today don''t realise how fantastic the net is.YouTube - Hawkwind - Hassan I Sahba 

The poor man''s  Floyd.

Don''t know if anyone here is a fan but The Guardian are currently streaming [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/apr/04/panda-bear-tomboy-album-stream]the new album from Panda Bear[/url]. If the weather is going to be as nice as they say tomorrow then stick this on (and any other Panda Bear/Animal Collective stuff you may have) and relax [H][Y]

Cheers mate. Person Pitch being one of my favourite albums of the last few years so i will check it out later on.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Don''t know if anyone here is a fan but The Guardian are currently streaming [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/apr/04/panda-bear-tomboy-album-stream]the new album from Panda Bear[/url]. If the weather is going to be as nice as they say tomorrow then stick this on (and any other Panda Bear/Animal Collective stuff you may have) and relax [H][Y]
[/quote]

Got it on order,my laptop didn''t do it justice!

Some new AC stuff here,poor vids but the sound is ok.

http://pitchfork.com/forkcast/15646-new-untitled-songs/

Shack, the "growers" are usually the ones which stand the test of time :) Youtubing Crystal Castles at the moment- very impressed and they`ve even done a track with my hero Bob Smith!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Shack, the "growers" are usually the ones which stand the test of time :) Youtubing Crystal Castles at the moment- very impressed and they`ve even done a track with my hero Bob Smith![/quote]

you like mr smith as well, have you ever seen them live?

How many of you are doing the Astral Plane?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXdwb_lUKvs

(links don''t work in chrome)

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Shack, the "growers" are usually the ones which stand the test of time :) Youtubing Crystal Castles at the moment- very impressed and they`ve even done a track with my hero Bob Smith![/quote]

you like mr smith as well, have you ever seen them live?[/quote]

Yep, Wembley arena about `93, Glasto `95 and Albert Hall about 4 years ago. Genius`s as far as i`m concerned. Have you? May well go to Bestival this year as Crystal Castles, Cranes and the mighty Cure are worth the ticket money alone!

Hank Williams ....Tim Hardin wrote a lasting tribute many years later."Goodbye Hank Williams,my friend".(Both had problems)..The number of brilliant covers is endless. Just been googling Kris Kristofferson,Willie Nelson,Rita Coolidge, Johnny Cash. I am sad to say my speakers have beenrequisitioned by a young nephew who is presently occupying my lair.I sang along badly to the youtubes.ce

Tim Hardin, a tortured genius? Just one of his songs are worth a hundred of most song writers.

Try `beginning of the end` eddie and the hotrods from the late seventies.

John

Tim Hardin."He spent part of 1959 in Vietnam as a military advisor.[citation needed] Hardin

is said to have discovered heroin in Vietnam."Thanks wiki. Does that mean he was a spook?Tortured genius. Same as Phil Ochs, The Buckleys, Nick Drake, Jackson Pollock. Gram Parsons.I guess you have to cherish what they left behind. Back to the thread.ce

Tonight I have mostly been listening to the Jim Jones Revue. Firstly at the Waterfront and then in the car (on CD) on the way home.

It was an excellent evening, ears are still ringing, anybody else go?

I''ve recently been entertaining/annoying my Twitter followers by posting links to songs I think are pertinent to the time and/or just damn good.Annoyingly, I''d really like to share a song called If Tonight We Could Only Sleep by Liam Frost and the Slowdown Family, but can''t find a link.  There''s some low quality live footage but nothing that does this particular song justice.So if you''re out there, and fancy a bit of beautiful/haunting acoustic joy, please find this album or track somewhere, and enjoy, where possible.Thank You.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Shack, the "growers" are usually the ones which stand the test of time :) Youtubing Crystal Castles at the moment- very impressed and they`ve even done a track with my hero Bob Smith![/quote]

you like mr smith as well, have you ever seen them live?[/quote]

saw them play 2 years ago at wembley. 3 and a half hours of sheer bliss

Yep, Wembley arena about `93, Glasto `95 and Albert Hall about 4 years ago. Genius`s as far as i`m concerned. Have you? May well go to Bestival this year as Crystal Castles, Cranes and the mighty Cure are worth the ticket money alone![/quote]

Evil, the band me+mrs miggins are discussing released a track called "If only tonight we could sleep" on the kissmekissmekissme album. Is it a cover? First lyrics are "If only tonight we could sleep...in a bed made of flowers" if that helps....

Scrap that,just youtubed it and its not a cover. Pretty good though,will listen to some more of their stuff :)

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Evil, the band me+mrs miggins are discussing released a track called "If only tonight we could sleep" on the kissmekissmekissme album. Is it a cover? First lyrics are "If only tonight we could sleep...in a bed made of flowers" if that helps....[/quote]thats The Cure...the DEftones did a cover of it...

Mrs miggins, Bestival is their only uk show this year. Rest of the lineup is decent and i hope to be there!