Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Really really enjoying my Ska at the moment. Anyone seen the line up to Slam Dunk festival in Leeds (and somewhere else) looks amazing. I know quite a lot of people don''t like ''Third Wave Ska'' which is there is quite a bit off there, but i love it, as its the first ska Music i listened to (i like the older and original stuff too...) Blur and the Verve are two bands i have been listening too quite a lot as well at the moment. Need to start listening to new music :P[/quote]

Absolutely love Ska and two tone music, Northern soul too.

Not so sure I like the newer stuff, maybe im just getting old lol.

Well to add something different. It is the 74th anniversary of the battle of Jarama. Spain. February 1937. Idealists flocked to the cause and died in those battlefields.So I have on the old cd player Woody Guthrie. (Not a wind up one.)"THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS" Well the guitar didn''t and neither did the idealists.I wouldn''t buy a holiday home in Spain these days..... The Neighbours,honestly.

[img]http://musosguide.com/public_html/musos.wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/adele21.png[/img]

[img]http://brit-asian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Jessie-J-Who-You-Are-album-cover.jpg[/img]

[img]http://hypetrak.com/images/2010/09/Bruno-Mars-Doo-Wops-Hooligans-Full-Album-Stream.jpg[/img]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Really really enjoying my Ska at the moment. Anyone seen the line up to Slam Dunk festival in Leeds (and somewhere else) looks amazing. I know quite a lot of people don''t like ''Third Wave Ska'' which is there is quite a bit off there, but i love it, as its the first ska Music i listened to (i like the older and original stuff too...) Blur and the Verve are two bands i have been listening too quite a lot as well at the moment. Need to start listening to new music :P[/quote]

[/quote]I wouldn''t of thought as much WAY.If 19 is to be considered ''young'', i can definitively say as a ''youngster'' that i find third wave Ska to be vile.Love the earlier stuff though. Anything from The Maytals to Madness is certainly ''my cup of tea''.

[quote user="John"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t of thought as much WAY.

If 19 is to be considered ''young'', i can definitively say as a ''youngster'' that i find third wave Ska to be vile.

Love the earlier stuff though. Anything from The Maytals to Madness is certainly ''my cup of tea''.
[/quote]

Glad i''m not alone lol just don''t understand it.  Seen Madness 3 times now, and the Specials once.

Our local pub regularly has Ska events, bloody good too

the new Elbow album, same old Elbow, but in my opinion that is a good thing.

What a surprise ''Nana listens to the mainstream crap that has been spoon fed to him. Captain Holt good shout on the Jim Jones Revue their bluesy piano riffs makes them otherwise they would be pretty ordinary.Currently listening to the new Crowbar album, Doom metal at its best and also Joanne Shaw Taylor, who has an amazing voice like Janis Joplin if she smoked 90 a day, and call me sexist but she can fuckin'' play guitar as well.

Who doesn''t love the Darkness.............(Apart from 99.9% of everyone :P)

My current Youtube playlist is a complete mess, have Avril Lavigne, Johnny Cash, Ian Dury, Missing Andy, Funke and the Two tone Baby, Katy B, The Specials, Ellie Goulding, Kansas, Blur, Chemical Brothers, The Verve, Lisa Hannigan, The Script, Train, Bon Jovi, RHCP, Kesha, Big D and the Kids Table, Darling Violetta, Miley Cyrus, Mark Own, They Might be Giants, some Mt Eden Dubstep, Less than Jake and Rihanna.... (More than one song for most...) slight mixture there :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"]And how could i forget Lady Gaga :P[/quote]

It''s hard not too.She''s (?) everywhere[:P]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Who doesn''t love the Darkness.............(Apart from 99.9% of everyone :P)

My current Youtube playlist is a complete mess, have Avril Lavigne, Johnny Cash, Ian Dury, Missing Andy, Funke and the Two tone Baby, Katy B, The Specials, Ellie Goulding, Kansas, Blur, Chemical Brothers, The Verve, Lisa Hannigan, The Script, Train, Bon Jovi, RHCP, Kesha, Big D and the Kids Table, Darling Violetta, Miley Cyrus, Mark Own, They Might be Giants, some Mt Eden Dubstep, Less than Jake and Rihanna.... (More than one song for most...) slight mixture there :P[/quote]Big up for Cash and Dury....not too sure on some of your others Ginge.I''ve got Budgie blasting my lugs....back in the day you could be funny looking rocker, much underestimated but still going...just about. YouTube - BUDGIE - BREADFAN

YouTube - Budgie - Parents

YouTube - Budgie - In The Grip Of A Tyrefitter''s Hand

YouTube - Budgie - Crash Course in Brain Surgery

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Who doesn''t love the Darkness.............(Apart from 99.9% of everyone :P)

My current Youtube playlist is a complete mess, have Avril Lavigne, Johnny Cash, Ian Dury, Missing Andy, Funke and the Two tone Baby, Katy B, The Specials, Ellie Goulding, Kansas, Blur, Chemical Brothers, The Verve, Lisa Hannigan, The Script, Train, Bon Jovi, RHCP, Kesha, Big D and the Kids Table, Darling Violetta, Miley Cyrus, Mark Own, They Might be Giants, some Mt Eden Dubstep, Less than Jake and Rihanna.... (More than one song for most...) slight mixture there :P[/quote]haven''t heard Less Than Jake for a few years, I used to love Gainesville Rock City cos I lived there for a while. I am still listening to the New Elbow and White Lies albums.

Cheers Ginge,didn''t see that.Who is the girl in the bath.Recognised most of the rest.No Iwan though!!

Listening to the smooth Scottish folk stylings of Roddy Woomble (of Idlewild fame)... really good album, going to see him at the Arts Centre on Saturday!  Should be a good one.

''Carry on my Wayward son, there''ll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest, don''t your cry no mooooore''

[quote user="Gingerpele"]''Carry on my Wayward son, there''ll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest, don''t your cry no mooooore''[/quote]do you watch Supernatural by any chance?

Umm..... Maybe......

Only twice (By only twice, i mean the first 5 series twice....) :D Think i am probably the only male to watch it that much :P