Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

No problem Carrow, glad you like it. [Y]I certainly liked ''Just Like Anything'', i''ll be sure to listen to the original, and will at the very least also listen to "I Am Carnival", being a fan of the artists you mentioned.CH - As always, one step ahead of all of us on the Manc scene. Here''s hoping Beady Eye live up to our expectations!

[quote user="Herman "]

So,what are people looking forward to in 2011?

Last year was a bit of a dissappointment.Some of my favourite bands brought out ok to average albums (Broken Social Scene etc) but i did ''discover'' some good new/old stuff thanks to some of you,but overall i struggled a bit.

This year i am hoping from something new by Godspeed YBE but other than that i''m going to see what pops up.

[/quote]

New RHCP album :D

Don''t know if they''ve been mentioned yet but I''ve been listening to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Andronicus_(band)]Titus Andronicus[/url] quite a lot lately. The only two tracks I''ve managed to find on YouTube are [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fqHr_KGPY]A More Perfect Union[/url] and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KniCoepfBWE&feature=related]Titus Andronicus[/url]. They''ve released two albums to date which are both available on Spotify.

I''m no good at describing what any particular band sounds like but the best I''ve heard from anyone is that they are like ''What The Pogues would sound like if they had been heavily influenced by Springsteen''. I think I read somewhere that they are supporting The Pogues at the minute so that sort of makes sense. And  like many current American, and one particular Canadian of course, bandsthe Springsteen influence is pretty easy to spot.

Hint of Clash in there as well Shack,esp the title track[Y]

Finally got around to buying Arcade Fires Suburbs and my one,major complaint is that it is too long.They could have shaved off at least 20 mins off it and have a 5 star album.There are some great songs on it,but also a bit of padding.

[quote user="Herman "]That will be the first one in years wont it?[/quote]

2006 was last one, 2002 before that...so only 2 (And i think greatest hits came out between 2002-06..

But if their current pattern continues, in 2014, it will be 30 years since their first album, and the upcoming (well i say upcoming, i don''t know if it will be out in first half of the year....) 10th Album....Not that much really is it

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Herman "]That will be the first one in years wont it?[/quote]

2006 was last one, 2002 before that...so only 2 (And i think greatest hits came out between 2002-06..

But if their current pattern continues, in 2014, it will be 30 years since their first album, and the upcoming (well i say upcoming, i don''t know if it will be out in first half of the year....) 10th Album....Not that much really is it[/quote]Most bands these days take 3/4 years between albums, unless they''re riding on the media wave then it''s 1/2 a year (and they''re normally shiyte)

Got White Lies'' new album through the post today.  Only one listen so far, but it seems to be very strong at the start and tails off in the last few tracks.  Not bad overall though.Looking forward to The Joy Formidable''s debut album next week which I''ve pre-ordered.  Quite a few new releases I''m interested in early this year - The Answering Machine, The Wombats, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, The Sorry Kisses (anything with ''The'' in the name it seems), oh and Roddy Woomble''s (Idlewild singer) new solo album, and I''m going to see him at the Arts Centre on March 26 [:D]Currently massively into Lush (still) - especially their superb second album Split - and Wild Nothing (still).

also got the White Lies, some great stuff at the start but I am sure the rest will grow on my like the first album.

Graham, I found 2 Lush albums recently whilst sorting through a box of old cd''s that was in the loft, maybe I should give them a whirl.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Anyone listened to the new British Sea Power album yet? I''m listening to it at the moment for the first time and it''s pretty good.
[/quote]

Any good after a few listens?

Just dragged Do You Like Rock Music out.What a bloody great album[Y] Be hard to live up to that.

Just discovered Neutral Milk Hotel ''In the Aeropane Over the Sea'' rather lovely in places. Also enjoying High Violet by The National.

[quote user="king canary"]Just discovered Neutral Milk Hotel ''In the Aeropane Over the Sea'' rather lovely in places. Also enjoying High Violet by The National.[/quote]I''d highly suggest their earlier release ''The Boxer'' as well. One of my favourite bands going at the moment are The National.

Baby I like it

The way you move on the floor

Baby I like it

Come on and give me some more

Oh yes I like it

Screaming like never before

Baby I like it

I, I, I like it.enrique iglesias - i like it

For John and any other Indie folky types: http://www.myspace.com/brokendogtheband

Seriously underrated band imo. Listen to "Drink was the height of the day"- always think it would be a perfect soundtrack to some Indie flick set in an English seaside town......

The Cinematic Orchestra. Only found out about them after searching the new sky advert with Hoffman in.

Really like them, also very useful for video music. On that point if anyone knows a song that could be used for a sports radio intro that would be great, currently looking at Words by the Doves.

[quote user="MrCarrow"]For John and any other Indie folky types: http://www.myspace.com/brokendogtheband

Seriously underrated band imo. Listen to "Drink was the height of the day"- always think it would be a perfect soundtrack to some Indie flick set in an English seaside town......[/quote]As you''d expect from me, i thought that was a thoroughly enjoyable listen Mr.Carrow, and my impression of "Drink Was The Height Of The Day" was much the same (no doubt aided by the echoed cries of seagulls at the end). Thanks. [Y]I''ll see what i can do to get my hands on some of their work over the next few days to add to my collection. I rated the John Peel Sessions clips of theirs on Youtube as well, as painstakingly difficult as it was to find them.[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

The Cinematic Orchestra. Only found out about them after searching the new sky advert with Hoffman in.

Really like them, also very useful for video music. On that point if

anyone knows a song that could be used for a sports radio intro that

would be great, currently looking at Words by the Doves.

[/quote]Being as a susceptible as i am to the cunning catchy marketing ploys of ye'' cursed capitalism, i recently of course found The Cinematic Orchestra through similar means to your good self, as no doubt many others have.I''m about as thankful for Murdoch as your run-of-the-mill practising gay, unfaithful, serial killing, pedophile Catholic is for the notion of Lucifer and Hellfire, though he''s due a begrudging show of gratitude from me for bringing The Cinematic Orchestra to my attention (however that''s not to say he''s going to get it).They''re a very overawing band that drifts off into classical music just as easily as it does into various forms of Jazz.''The Arrival Of Birds'', ''To Build A Home'', ''All Things To All Men'' and ''The Man With The Movie Camera'' for example, evidence the origins of some of the more memorable, or at least catchy songs of the past decade, whilst evading the quantity of recognition proportionate to the quality of music they''ve delivered by my understanding.As for your sports radio Iwan, i have some suggestions, 1 or 2 of which may attract your interest, seeing as you''re probably looking for the segments from songs in a similar way in which Sky Sports News or Football Focus introduce themselves; though that''s not to say the choice you''ve already made isn''t appropriate, as by all means it fits the bill entirely:Ludovico Einaudi - Eden RocFeeder - Feeling A MomentMercury Rev - The Dark Is RisingStereophonics - DakotaRoyksopp - So EasyMoby - PorceilainEnnio Morricone - Ecstasy of GoldSeude - Beautiful OnesShack - ChinatownThe Courteeners - Take Over The World

Other than that, i imagine something from U2, Sigur Ros, Elbow, Coldplay, Robbie Williams, or Fat Boy Slim would do the job (they always do, it seems).

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Anyone listened to the new British Sea Power album yet? I''m listening to it at the moment for the first time and it''s pretty good.[/quote]

Any good after a few listens?

Just dragged Do You Like Rock Music out.What a bloody great album[Y] Be hard to live up to that.

[/quote]Sorry Herman, only just saw this.Yeah it''s good, well worth a listen. Do You Like Rock Music is a very good album but I''d rate their debut The Decline of British Sea Power as their best. A very good band who probably don''t get quite the credit that they deserve.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

kings of leon, - only by the night & come around sundown.

JJJJJJjessie jayyyy [:P]

[/quote]Surely you can''t contribute to this thread as you don''t actually support the music industry. Luckily you seem to be stealing mainstream crap, rather than from the grassroot musicians who work damn hard.I''m now looking forward to Curb Records releasing a Hank III album they refused to release earlier and Scott Biram touring Europe in April, if anyone likes music I highly suggest seeing this guy play live, he turns up with three different guitars and a plank of wood to stomp on, is really wonderful stuff mixing in punk, blues and country to produce a delightfully filthy sound.Heres an example:Scott H. Biram - Hit The Road

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

kings of leon, - only by the night & come around sundown.

JJJJJJjessie jayyyy [:P]

[/quote]Surely you can''t contribute to this thread as you don''t actually support the music industry. Luckily you seem to be stealing mainstream crap, rather than from the grassroot musicians who work damn hard.I''m now looking forward to Curb Records releasing a Hank III album they refused to release earlier and Scott Biram touring Europe in April, if anyone likes music I highly suggest seeing this guy play live, he turns up with three different guitars and a plank of wood to stomp on, is really wonderful stuff mixing in punk, blues and country to produce a delightfully filthy sound.Heres an example:Scott H. Biram - Hit The Road[/quote]Thanks for bringing this man''s music to my attention, foot stomping fantastic...love it.I''m feeling a tad mellow and chilling.YouTube - Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind