Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

We need a thread for knowing what albums are big in the Pinkun masses. We just do.

• Iron Maiden - "The Number of the Beast"
  • The Stone Roses - "The Stone Roses"
  • We Can''t Dance - "Wishful Thinking - EP"

I''ve been reacquainting myself with Arcade Fires "Neon Bible". Some would say it''s a little overblown, and lost that intimate feel Arcade Fire had in "Funeral" and have in "The Suburbs", though i think it partly depends upon whether you value and care for the scale of the theme that the album tries to portray, what Arcade Fire wanted it to be, and how they wanted it to be seen. As soon as you come round to it''s overwhelming standpoint there are few albums with such ferocious power and feeling to compare with it.I''ve also been listening to:The National - "The Boxer", "High Violet", & "Cherry Tree"The Leisure Society - "The Sleeper"Coconut Records - "Davy" & "Nighttiming"As well as a bit of Harry Nilsson, Loudon Wainwright, The Avett Brothers, Manu Chao, The Smiths, The Jam, and Johnny Flynn.

Oh, and if anyone''s looking for an album to introduce newer members of the family into music, Elizabeth Mitchell''s album "Music For Little Birds" would be a great route to take. A review:http://www.emusic.com/features/spotlight/289_200702.htmlAnd my personal favourite track:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz6WRiNwujQAs an adult i can''t help but admit i quite like it, but the beauty of it is that it has enough levels to appeal and be appreciated by people of many different angles.To the frustration of the rest of my family i''ve been humming and whistling some of the songs to myself for the past few days. Irritatingly catchy, but by the same token, of good enough quality to give off an impression that you''ll be content with it replaying in your mind throughout the day.

All Oasis Albums

All Beatles Albums

Stone Roses

Biffy''s Latest

Foo Fighters Greatest Hits

Arctic''s 1st and 3rd

Blur Parklife and Great Escape

Manic''s Latest

Kasabian''s Latest

And a lot, lot more.

[quote user="Magrat"]Tinnitus...
like Pete, Keef  and Ginger...
[/quote]

[:O] A friend has it severely.Too much Drum n Bass at a high level.It''s driving him insane!

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]ATM Lou Reed - Transformer, I''d forgotten how good it is. Can''t find OK Computer ''cos that would have been next.
[/quote]

The guy on the back cover! Is it a cucumber???[:O]

Whilst searching frantically for Radiohead''s OK Computer I have pulled out the following CD''s.So this morning I have mostly been listening to:Bizarro - The Wedding PresentSeventh Tree - GoldfrappTransformer - Lou ReedTrans Europe Express - KraftwerkI also have lined up "The best GLAM ROCK album in the world ever" - and I don''t care!

Down - Nola, Down II, Over The UnderJoe Bonamassa - Ballad of John HenryBlack Country Communion - Black Country CommunionPantera - Far Beyond Driven, Vulgar Display of Power, Cowboys From Hell 20th Anniversary, Great Southern TrendkillAlice In Chains - DirtHank Williams III - Straight to Hell, Damn Right Rebel Proud, Lovesick Broke and Driftin''Clutch - From Beale Street to OblivionCorrosion of Conformity - Deliverance, WisebloodDeep Purple -BurnJoe Buck Yourself - Joe Buck YourselfLynyrd Skynyrd - (Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd), Gimme Back My BulletsMississippi Fred McDowell - Good Morning Little School GirlScott H. Biram - Dirty Old One Man Band, Graveyard Shift, Rehabilitation Blues, Somethings Wrong/Lost ForeverSouthern Isolation - Southern IsolationSuperjoint Ritual - A Lethal Dose Of American HatredTed Nugent - Ted NugentTraveling Wilburys - Vol. 1, Vol. 3ZZ Top - Tres HombresEYEHATEGOD - Take As Needed For PainI spend a lot of my time listening to music.

My current alarm clock tune is ''No Cars Go'' by Arcade Fire, so I''ve spent this morning listening to all three Arcade Fire albums, and have come to the conclusion, Neon Bible is the best.

Pantera are one of my favourite bands, I can''t make up my mind between them and Down although it speaks volumes that half of Pantera are in Down. I would recommend Vulgar Display of Power as that is their best album, truely a magical record, with pummeling groovy riffs, backed up by some breathtaking bass work, tight drums and brilliatly written songs. Far Beyond Driven and Great Southern Trendkill are both great albums but quite heavy, which if you are not a fan of the heavier stuff might put you off. Although I''m Broken is on Far Beyond Driven and the riff to that song still blows me away. Check it out here.They have just released a remastered 20th Anniversary Cowboys From Hell, which is brilliant as it also has all the demos they produced themselves as well as a live disc, which is when Pantera are at their best, just as they were starting out and also a few live songs from when they played to 1.5m people in Monsters of Rock in Moscow. Cowboys From Hell is definately their most meoldic, but everyone seems to agree that they found their groove on Vulgar Display of Power which is their second album. Plus the front cover is of a fan being punched who got paid ten dollars a punch, apparenlty he ended up with over 100 dollars!

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

Oceansize - Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up

North Atlantic Oscillation - Grappling Hooks

Wedding Present - Bizarro (ready for their live version soon)

Orbital - brown album

Hey Marty, I was wondering who it was going to see them but I couldn''t find the thread.They are also playing the Waterfront at Norwich later in the year which is why I was giving it a listen also. I just have to run it past Mrs WoaS as we''d had a helluva expensive year.

WoaS, yes i''m off to Nottingham to see them, I think it will be good. They did the entire George Best set a couple of years ago and it was a stonking performance. I think Bizarro is a better album than George Best. Have you heard Seamonsters? if not it is worth a go, a bit darker than Bizarro but probably their best album in my opinion.

I like the first 3 albums very much and couldn''t really choose a favourite as there''s some outstanding tracks on each and no duffers. I have a bit of soft spot for George Best as I also have it on vinyl and it came with its own George Best carrier bag.