Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Time to play Henderson, Jarvis and Rossi Jarvis

I think it was Nigel to play Ian Henderson, Ryan Jarvis and Rossi Jarvis now! I am not saying they are "God saver" and will help us to win the next 40 games and back to the Premiership, it is because the current player''s confidence were very low, you cannot let the senior players think: even I did not play very good or bad, but I will stay in the team because we are only having a very small squad; remember those 3 young players are paying first team wages!

You can see Wayne Rooney as example, was he a great great player when he first played for Everton? No surely! But he become better and better after he had given more chances to play in the first team. I think all three can improve more than Craig Fleming when they had constant first team action.

totally agree with you, brennan for exmaple has come into the side, done well and kept his place..... even set up a goal and raised the spirits (untill huckerby got sent of atleast) there again, now huckerby is out brennan will stay on the left for some time.

Unfourtuantly ryan jarvis is injured but should be back soon, henderson however is fit and why not place him on the right?

Its time the lads were given a go, and now is a great time to do it, they add youth and enthusiasm into the side, something of which we are lacking, also they are probably full of confidence from playing in the reserves

play them, but yet again i doubt worthington will

Rossi is not actually a pro yet. If Jarvis was fit I''d put him in instead of Leon at the moment, Hendo''s been ok when called upon.

But it''s no wonder they''re not in the team, they''re probably knackered from working all the hours godsend to pay the first team wages

Ryan Jarvis would probably be the only one who would improve the side atm. He cannot do much worse than McKenzie. Hes something to aim for in the box and from the small snippets of what iv seen of him he seems to know where the goal is

I agree that these youngsters should be given more exposure to first team football but do not agree that this is the time. Morale and confidence are at rock bottom and the quality of play is awful - this is not a good situation for young inexperienced players to make their first team debuts. Better wait until the results improve or their footballing development may be seriously damaged.

[quote]totally agree with you, brennan for exmaple has come into the side, done well and kept his place..... even set up a goal and raised the spirits (untill huckerby got sent of atleast) there again, now h...[/quote]

Hi AJ, I agree with you Nigel will not do this since I remember quite clearly when last year Christmas, Nigel had said "this is a man''s game and not a kid''s game"! He would not use the player from academy.

People may argue while Nigel in charge, we released those young players even cannot play for a Championship club: Paul Hayes, Danny Bloomfield, Lewis Blois, Dean Sinclair, Aaron Lee-Barrett, David Chick or even Danny Crow. The truth is on Nigel''s side; but the most important point I had posted in my first message, talent is not natural borned, you have to discover it, that means they need to give chances.

Ryan Jarvis will be a revelation at this level. The guy has obvious quality. The goal against Liverpool highlighted this. The guy needs a regular run in the side and he will be a great player to partner Ashton. I will be gutted if Jarvis drifts from this club to play lower league football, that would be such a waste.

I do feel for Leon at the moment, and he must have been affected by the Morrison saga, but upfront it is not working, but to be fair there are lots of areas over the pitch where we are lacking at the moment.

It will happen, people need to show patience, which is difficult and we we have shown lots of patience in the past, nine years in the wildeness. Expectations change, after our recent success, and that does affect patience. Things are not great at the moment, but we have to believe in what we have got, and that is some talented footballers and with a few additions, we will challenge, maybe not top two, but I still feel the play offs will happen.

Cobblers! - Same old argument as last season - it is always the players who aren''t in the team who are the answer to all the problems.  Rossi is 12, Jarvis is lazy and Hendo is commonly considered not to be quite up to it.

There is a reason these players are not in the team in the first place.

Just gives everyone yet more scapegoats when they come in and don''t quite do it. 

Genius arguments on here concerning the answer to our problems being that we don''t have Holt or Eddy or Mulryne or Zema Abbey or Robert Rosario when we were all happy to see them go as they weren''t good enough.

The first choice 11 need to look at them selves as they are (nearly) all underperforming.

[quote]Ryan Jarvis would probably be the only one who would improve the side atm. He cannot do much worse than McKenzie. Hes something to aim for in the box and from the small snippets of what iv seen of him...[/quote]

Hi Northern Canary, when Ryan Jarvis made the club debut, I was very lucky to watch him play against Wolves I think on the video tape, this young man was full of tricks and confidence, maybe a little bit better of Henderson, but why did Nigel not give him a chance? Who knows? The goal he scored against Liverpool last season just showed how confidence this young man was.

Everybody thinks Hendo is rubbish and I''m sick of it. We have rarely seen the best of him because Worthy always plays him out of position in ride midfield. HE IS A STRIKER. How good would ashton be on the right wing? Yeah, he''d be rubbish too.

When Hendo was actually allowed to play up front he was very good. If you''re in doubt have a look at the 2 goals he got against Millwall the season we went up - a well placed header & a decent volley.

Playing a natural goal scorer on the right wing sums Worthy up. Lunatic

These youngsters need to be given a chance (when fit) and in their favoured position. Without experience they will never amount to anything.

Leon out, Hendo in. Do it now.