Sign in to follow this  
Herb

All the bluster about Worthy...

...boils down to this.
Has he lost the dressing room? If he has then obviously questions must be asked, but I think it would be common knowledge by now if he had. A player with nothing to lose as he sees it would have no qualms about going to the press, local or national to air his discontent.

I do believe however that circumstances with 1 or 2 players may be having a detrimental effect on the team as a whole. No firm idea who, other than the usual rumours that persist about such matters, but thats what it smells like to me.

We didn''t just become rubbish overnight and we''re still not rubbish really. We''re not playing with the style we should be, but in the normal run of things we''d have a couple of wins to add to our draws by now. Something is missing, but I don''t think its irretrievable, whether players are brought in before the deadline or not.

He deserves longer than six games to try and fix it. Now I know that will provoke the usual "How long then? 10 games? 20 games?" type responses, and the answer is I don''t know how long. I think we''ll all know if the time comes though. I still believe Worthy has what it takes to turn it round, we''ll see.

In my opinion a very sensible post Herb.

For me the answer to the last question would be something like this.

Still in relegation places after 10 games = out.

In bottom half at Christmas = out.

Not in play-offs by end of season = out.

Even this is qualified though. I wouldn''t apply the above criteria if we had a bad run of injuries to key players. And if we finished the season in 7th place but won the FA Cup or Carling Cup getting rid would be rather harsh. (And before you roll about laughing at the thought of Norwich in the FA Cup final remember Millwall made it to the final a couple of seasons back).

[quote]In my opinion a very sensible post Herb. For me the answer to the last question would be something like this. Still in relegation places after 10 games = out. In bottom half at Christmas = out. No...[/quote]

I think that''s about right, but lets hope results improve.

The board should however be thinking about possible replacements now, but there is not that much point in a change too far in advance of the January transfer window, or also during it. I would have thought a new manager would want about a month to work with the existing squad and decide where to strengthen, and who to move on. The last thing we want is panic measures. Remember when Hamilton made 3 signings in his first week?