Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Get the Loans in quick!!!

Any shouts of Worthy out are ridiculous. He''s taken us into the Prem before and he can do it again. What has changed though is the players he has to work with. If you bring in a new manager he''s still going to have the same problems - Fleming/Charlton past their best, not enough options in Midfield, average options to partner Ashton (by far our best player)and the enigma of Darren Huckerby - you can no longer build your team around a player who is underperforming and trying the same tricks week in week out. If anything we should be building the team around Ashton and supplying him with the kind of ammunition he will thrive off. I say we should get the loans in - a centre back to replace Flem, a centre midfielder who can spot a pass and a wide midfield player who can beat people and cross well.

ON THE BALL CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]Whose fault is it that Worthy has the problem of working with the current playing staff? Yes, his own.[/quote]

''Fraid so. This is his team now. No excuses really... 

[quote]Any shouts of Worthy out are ridiculous. He''s taken us into the Prem before and he can do it again. What has changed though is the players he has to work with. If you bring in a new manager he''s still...[/quote]

I hate loan deals okay, why? the player never really commits to the club ie. Crouch, Harper and Bentley. And when their loan deal is up, you have to start all over again.

Its also a typical ''small club'' mentality, if you like a ''doing it on the cheap''

tactic, which will fail because Worthless will play them all in the wrong positions anyway!.

The more cynical amongst us might just see this as a clear sign that the board can''t or won''t trust Worthy enough, to make big purchases on 3 year contracts, so close to his imminent departure.

As I said, the more cynical of us might think that way!.

[quote]Any shouts of Worthy out are ridiculous. He''s taken us into the Prem before and he can do it again. What has changed though is the players he has to work with. If you bring in a new manager he''s still...[/quote]

I hate loan deals okay.

Why? the player never really commits to the club ie. Crouch, Harper and Bentley. And when their loan deal is up, you have to start all over again.

Its also a typical ''small club'' mentality, if you like a ''doing it on the cheap'' tactic, which will fail because Worthless will play them all in the wrong positions anyway!.

The more cynical amongst us might just see this as a clear sign that the board can''t or won''t trust Worthy enough, to make big purchases on 3 year contracts, so close to his imminent departure.

As I said, the more cynical of us might think that way!.

[quote]I hate loan deals okay. Why? the player never really commits to the club ie. Crouch, Harper and Bentley. And when their loan deal is up, you have to start all over again. Its also a typical ''small ...[/quote]

Wizard, you''re up and down like a yo-yo.Firsly, you hate Worthington, then you''re his number one fan because he doesn''t sell Ashton, and now you''re calling him Worthless to go along with the crowd.I''m bored of all this sack Worthy nonsense I really am.Besides which, back to the point of the thread. Loans are an excellent method of adding quality to a squad if you are a team without much money. Let''s face it, Norwich do not have a great deal of money. Frankly I''d rather have players who "don''t commit to the squad" (wrong) that a club that is in serious debt and possibly, administration. Some people need a reality check I think.

[quote]Wizard, you''re up and down like a yo-yo.Firsly, you hate Worthington, then you''re his number one fan because he doesn''t sell Ashton, and now you''re calling him Worthless to go along with the crowd.I''m...[/quote]

Ok reality check:

We offered £2m for Morrison plus we offered him the "best deal we could" ie paying him top wages.  So in REALITY, we do have money to spend, £2m+ to spend.  There are only a few clubs in this division that have that sort of spending power.

Right.

So you''re telling me that 2m is enough to bring in 2/3 players of real quality?

[quote]Right. So you''re telling me that 2m is enough to bring in 2/3 players of real quality?[/quote]

Yes I think it''s possible to get two decent players for £2m.  Lita cost £1m, Ifill cost under £1m, Robbie Blake cost under £1m to name just a few players in our price range we could have bought.  Two of those 3 for under £2m would have made excellent additions to our sqaud.  At the end of the day though signing a quality player for a club does not always come down to spending big money, Belmadi at Southampton being a prime example.

To defend myself, you asked for a reality check and said we didn''t have much money, there is no point going into administration etc etc.  My argument is that in REALITY we may not have much money compared to Premier Leugue clubs but we have much more spending power than most clubs in the CC Championship.

Has Kristiansen played in the Championship before? If not, then he may well turn out to be another Jonsson -- should have the class, but never quite worked out.

Chorley is another player who playes lower tier football, who doubtless has a lot of talent, but I wouldn''t be too sure he would instantly fit in. We really have to ask ourselves if he would actually improve our squad.

I''m not saying these players haven''t got quality, but we need to get players who can make an instant improvment to our squad -- who are guaranteed to perform at this level, and who can fit in with our style of play.

There may well be players who fit below the £2m budget, but alternatively, if these players have to come on loan then so be it.

Scraping the barrel there Wiz

If the board doesn''t trust Worthington why not be done with it now ? Far better straight after the Stoke game which would have left a fair bit of time to get in a new manager and have a reasonable case to put to the fans.

Loans are not cheapskate. £500,000 for three months wages once one helluva spent three years ago. Check out how many of the big clubs are loaning players out now. That''s the way football is going - do try to keep up.

As to commitment there is usually far more. They''ve something to prove and have to repeatedly.

Just a shame we couldn''t lend you out. Maybe to the binners where your eternal carping would be most welcome - though personally I''d like to see a miserable old wizard like you packed off to Azkaban to spend some time with the dementors.

Much the same thing some might think !

It''s all a bit late now. Only one and a quarter hours to go before the deadline closes, has anyone got a spy at Colney to see Worthy do the famous tour?  Sadly, I don''t think we are going to get anyone else.

What''s the panic ?

We can still bring players in on a loan AFTER todays'' deadline. I thought that was all the plan. Let clubs sort themselves out, see who appears not to fit in then make an opffer. Given that we would appear to have the most wonga, aside from the ''morrison'' money I''m sure this was budgetted all along, we shoulds be at the front of the cue.

So stop panicking

Nothing in his column but in a news piece he states that loanees can be brought in after today for emergencys

Very woolly wording that will be fully exploited I''ve no doubt

[quote]It''s definately midnight.[/quote]

5 o clock if we want to buy players, midnight if we want to sell according too the BBC

"Premiership: Permanent and loan deals must be completed by midnight

Football League: Permanent and ''standard'' loan deals must be completed by 1700 BST

Players can move from Football League clubs to the Premiership until midnight

The Football League has an emergency loan facility"