Republic of Ireland international forward Connolly joins Wigan from Leicester for £3m.

Is that really the market price for Connolly?  Or is that what happens when everyone knows you need a striker, and the window is about to shut?

Always seemed a bit of an "up and down" player to me. Had good runs and then you didn''t hear anything of him (injury ??). I guess Wigan were desparate and if he just scores a few for them he could repay his fee.

Mark .Y.

£3m that''s if Wigan stay up. Most likely that some of the other £2m is conditional as well.

Transfers are never what''s said in the papers. Both clubs will push the quoted price up for their own reasons.

Still, it''s one less half decent striker our defence will have to face.

[quote]Republic of Ireland international forward Connolly joins Wigan from Leicester for £3m. Is that really the market price for Connolly? Or is that what happens when everyone knows you need a strik...[/quote]

looks like a panic buy to me!

abit like us and jonson, but thenagain as a few of you ahve said, if 3 million keeps them up then who cares?

Camara, roberts and now connolly, not bad! but yeah i stil dont give ''em a prayer! Good luck 2 them though.

Going down goin down tho IMO!

Was worth a punt at £500K last season but it just goes to show the peanuts we got from Wigan for a proven premiership player