Sign in to follow this  
Mik Mikelo

£2m Striker needed?!

A week ago Worthy thought we needed a striker so badly that he''d spend 2 million on one - do we no longer need one?! If he thought we needed one so badly he''d spend 2 million on one, whats changed?! where''s the fresh blood?

No!

A couple of weeks ago Nigel found a player he was willing to spend £2 million on

But it wasn''t to be. So he has done the sensible thing. Left the money where it is rather than panic buy an overpriced turnip

i agree that panic buying isn''t an answer - but having only one (questionable at that) solution to the striking problem isn''t exactly inspiring. . .

yeah striker not needed, it would of been nice 2 hav Clinton tho, and at the same time preventing him from scoring  regularlly 4 any of our rivals, but yeh it just wasnt 2 be.

[quote]i agree that panic buying isn''t an answer - but having only one (questionable at that) solution to the striking problem isn''t exactly inspiring. . .[/quote]

Aye?

Ashton, Leon, Hucks, Thorne, Jarvis, Mcveigh. Even Henderson and Doherty at a stretch.

Thats more than enough for me..

the point of needing a striker (we do in my opinion) isn''t the sole purpose of the post. Its also partly my confusion that if he acknowledged we needed one so badly he''d spank £2m on one, why hasn''t he explored other options harder?
admittedly it could be a case of, aka Wenger, ''we will only buy if the right player becomes available'' - although compared to certain strikes of ours, i can imagine there are more right players than wrong ones. . . .