Sign in to follow this  
Tom M

Re: Trial of Alex "Tiger" Rhodes

Saw him play for Newmarket a couple of years ago in an FA Cup match against Hemel Hempstead who were a division or two above the Jockeys and Tiger walked all over them. The only problem was that he was very skiny but he may have filled out now because in that game he could have only been 17 or so. The very fact that I can remeber him means he must have done something right apart from being extremely quick.

If he is just gonna play in the reserves fair enough but surely not the first team? We are pushing for promotion to the premiership, we cannot recruit RIDGEONS LEAGUE players on trial with us can we!! He won''t cut it in the premiership against the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Johnothan Woodgate and Sol Campbell.

Tell that to Ian Wright and Kevin Philips, I believe they were spotted quite late on and there are a whole load more players like them. I say that its a good thing we are checking him out because knowing our luck he would have gone to another first division team and scored a hat-trick against us or something! At least we get to see if he can do that before someone else dives in for him as there are other interested parties.

Add Stuart Pearce and Geoff Horsefield to the list. I believe Psycho was a sparky, and Horsefield was a brickie. Nigel may be better off hanging around B&Q and Jewsons to find the next 20 a season striker.