Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

Are we as bad as everyone says?

Due to work commitments and holiday I have been out of the loop recently, literally just seeing results on teletext and not seeing any highlights. So what I am asking you guys is what is going wrong? Who is playing well or badly and how are the new signings doing?  I have heard that Deano has missed a few chances & perhaps luck isn''t going our way but 2nd from bottom after 6 games can''t just be down to that can it?

Unfortunately alot of people will always see things through rose coloured glasses, but sorry answer your question:

''Are we as bad as everyone says?''

WORSE

[quote]Due to work commitments and holiday I have been out of the loop recently, literally just seeing results on teletext and not seeing any highlights. So what I am asking you guys is what is going wrong? ...[/quote]

Generating a lot of chances, dominating the majority of the play, but unable to defend and/or finish.

[quote]Due to work commitments and holiday I have been out of the loop recently, literally just seeing results on teletext and not seeing any highlights. So what I am asking you guys is what is going wrong? ...[/quote]

Defence as disorganised as ever, limited leadership, an uncreative midfield being over run and sitting too deep as usual and strikers missing the few chances we are creating from a one dimensional attacking approach.

The positive are Hux looks dangerous for about 25 mins each game so far, despite being unfocussed and in poor form Deano still has 3 goals, Safri looks awesome in midfield and Green looks very comfortable in goal.

Are we as bad as claimed, IMO yes...

OTBC

Footnote to Dicky and Company:

This insightful, brief observation  from westoncanary shows that perhaps one needs to be absent for a while to be objective ( rather than informed ) about what is taking place at Carrow Road.

Unfortunately I''d say yes.

We seem to have lost the ability to play good entertaining football, against Leeds the game was so dull I actually got bored part way through the first half. All too often we hoof the ball up field but unfortunately Ashton''s first touch has completely disappeared, likewise McKenzie''s (although not sure he ever had much of one ).

Midfield (apart from Safri) go missing and sit too deep, Defence same problems as last season - no one in charge (Shackell is trying to but is largely ignored, especially by Flem) and caught out of position, Greeno still trying to start every attack at 200mph by throwing or kicking to a lone Hucks.

Other than that musn''t grumble

Once we start playing football again & get the confidence back we''ll be OK.

Yes no team play whatsoever.

The finishing has been awful. Defence the same. McKenzie is totally unfocused. Ashton similar. Hucks is the only threat at the moment and he''s two years old than the title campaign - and it shows.

Sorry, but I really dont think this team will gel. I''d rather they opted to play some of the younger squad members who are hungry for a game.

Henderson
Jarvis
McVeigh (OK not so young)

Instead of McKenzie

Or Brennan with Hucks upfront.

Just dont play McKenzie - he''s painful ot watch at the moment. As far as the defence is concerned, Id try Charlton with Shackell and Drury back at left back.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being brilliant and 1 being very dodgy I''d have to say 2. There are positives such as Brennans recent performances but the negatives out weigh the positives big time. We really are poor.

What the fleck is going on with Norwich at the moment!?

Well just to give a slightly different opinion, I would say that we are clearly not playing as well as we can but we are far from the rubbish side that some seem to be making us out to be; some key players have not really been at the races (eg McKenzie), and we have also had a bit of poor luck (we have hit the woodwork sth like 8 times so far) and though not much of an excuse, it is still true that with a modicum of fortune we could/would be sat on several more pts than we are.

IMO It is relatively easy to see where the main problem lies - before Monday''s feeble all round effort, in all games we had let in 5 goals in 6 games: hardly relegation form, but had only scored only 4: which certainly is......finishing has been poor but equally the chance creation is not as good as it should be, as we seem to be lacking an incisive midfielder (ie Francis).  Today''s transfer window was an opportunity to fill some gaps, but we seem to have missed it......and unless Worthy can pull some 2003-style stunning loans off we do seem to be a bit stuck!

Nigel Worthington