Sign in to follow this  
rieg77

Total and Utter Disappointment

Firstly, I''m totally confused about when the transfer window ends. Some are saying its already gone and some are saying its midnight.

My main point is that I am totally gutted by the lack of anything happening today. It seems we made a last ditch attempt to sign a defender on loan but that fell through. And now the clubs message seems to be that they will look at short term loans.

This is very very poor. To have only one iron in the fire leading up to transfer deadline is appalling given the problems we''ve got, and that was only a loan. Last week we showed we were willing to splash the cash and yet we haven''t opted for that centre back we desperately need nor the creative midfielder we need.

It seems we are destined to play the rest of the year with a collinder like defence, hoofing long balls up to Ashton and hoping for a turn in fortunes.

Any short term loanee would leave before the next window opened (its a maximum 3 months) so I can''t see the point in being happy with that as an option.

No Effort. No Sense. No Ambition. No Point.

Heres to mid table safety, eh!!

i agree, its goign to be a long and hard season.

also, the window closed at 5pm

I really had hoped that there would be a last minute long term loan or purchase but there was nothing.

I guess you would have to say that on this evidence, and on what the manager says after every shoddy performance, that the approach for this season seems to be one of consolidation

Look at the players that Reading, Sheffield United, etc are attracting. How come we haven''t been in for any of them - it can''t be because we aren''t an appealing option. I don''t believe that the manager wanted them which raises another question. WHY THE HELL NOT??

I was not a Worthy Rose Tinted spectacle wearer but I was willing to give the time to gel and start performing. But after 6 games there is no cohesion, no drive and no defence to speak of.

A lack of investment in the team when it badly needs it is very, very worrying. WHAT IS THE MAN DOING??