Sign in to follow this  
JP

Martin O'Neill

If results and performancies dont improve in the near future and worthy does get sacked! I know that hes got health problems with his wife at the moment, but Martin O''Neill, would be my favourite to take charge! Thoughts? good shout or not?

No doubt he''d be a great manager for Norwich as he would have the basis of a very good team that should be a lot higher if it was managed correctly. Sadly the only clubs I can see O''Neill going to when he does become available again is a top 6 Premier League club. My guess would be Newcastle. The Michael Owen deal will keep Souness safe until about Christmas... maybe for O''Neill to go in there when he does eventually get sacked.

If we are going to be replacing Worthington in the near future we will no doubt be looking at a couple of lower league managers or someone already in the club... David Williams would be a good shout.

Fantastic shout. 

I would not want to play down the seriousness of his wife’s condition but if I recall correctly she is suffering from lymphoma which from first hand experience is a very treatable condition.

I felt that when he left Celtic there was an element of having done as much as he could with a club in the Scottish Premier league regardless of their massive support and that given the need to tend his wife decided to bow out gracefully.

Now one thing is for sure Martin O’Neil will be back in management and given the seeming resurgence of Manchester United I can not see SAF throwing the towel in if they pressure Chelsea for all honours through this season so I’m not so sure he will be replacing SAF just yet

So where does this leave him if he wants to return to English football?  Possibly somebody like Newcastle but in reality the chance of managing a club with guaranteed champion’s league credentials may not be that great.  He may look to the next rung of clubs of which there are several and more importantly regardless of the pathetic and bile inducing start to the season we are one. 

On the plus side he played for us twice and of managed us once and was very much the catalyst that brought about and end to the Chase era.  For Martin O’Neil and laceName>

[quote]PLEASE STOP> You might as well suggest we ask David Beckham to sort our midfield because he was a trialist here. Now please go and have a reality check.[/quote]

Agreed its laughable ,it will never happen .

In much the same way that Columbus would never find the Americas as he set sail aboard the Santa Maria

The issue here is not so much that we must attempt to lure Martin O’Neil to the club at all cost but rather if Worthington resigns or is removed that his replacement is not sort in the discount section of the managerial superstore. 

The board will need to demonstrate ambition on scale not seen since John Bond came to the club

martin o''neill i think we have no chance of getting,But what do you think to Kevin Keegan? The guy is out of work at the minute and could certainly entice some good quality players our way.

Correct me if I am worng but did we not have exactly this same sort of post about Martin O''Neill only a few days ago.  It gets very boring when one post after another just gets posted on here with exactly the same subject.

yea get martin o"neil, that will solve the midfield problems becauce he would by pass it with his long ball game, the few months he was here before the football was crap and he bottled it and run to leicester with windass as an excuse.