Sign in to follow this  
lincsy88

Team for Sheffield United

I personally really like 3 at the back and I think it suits the players we have. I also think at a team like Sheffield United you need to be solid and defend well so I have gone with the following line up, thoughts on yours?

Krul

Klose, Hanley, Zimmermann

Marshall, Lewis

Trybull, Godfrey

Pukki, Hernandez

Rhodes

Subs: McGovern, Thompson, Srbeny, Cantwell, Tettey, Pinto

Somewhat confused as to why Leitner and McLean don''t even make the bench for you.

I think he''ll stick with the 4 so I''ll say...

Krul

Marshall, Klose, Hanley, Lewis

Godfrey

Pukki, Trybull, McLean, Hernandez

Rhodes

Bench of McGovern, Zimmerman, Aarons, Thompson, Srebeny, Leitner, Buendia (if available)

So am I! I think I was worrying too much about the homegrown rule and totally forgot about them so I will have a revised bench of McGovern, Thompson, Leitner, Aarons, Srbeny, Buendia, Mclean.

GK. Krul

RB. Pinto

CB. Hanley

CB. Klose

LB. Lewis

CM. Godfrey

CM. Trybull

RAM. Pukki

CAM. McLean

LAM. Hernandez

ST. Rhodes

Subs; McGovern, Zimmerman, Stiepermann, Tettey, Thompson, Buendia, Srbeny

Leitner, Pukki and Hernandez have been Norwich’s best players so far so all need to start.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a three at the back to match up to Sheff U’s back three. They will play 2 up top and a three is much more suited to defending against that than a back 4.

I’d go;

Krul

Hanley Godfrey Klose

Marshall Stipermann

Leitner Trybull

Pukki Hernandez

Rhodes

Subs: McGovern, Zimmermann, Thompson, Passlack, Cantwell, McLean, Srbeny

It seems a while since we''ve had such a variety of choice when selecting the team. It''s a bit like Cadbury''s Milk Tray at the moment.

Let''s just hope that it''s not because they are all like for like ordinary and that there''s a lot of Quality Street in there as well.

Bethnal''s team does it for me - Stiepermann had a good game there last season so him at LWB good choice if Lewis isn''t ready yet. Resilience was the key at this match last season and the desire and ability to soak up the pressure, but I sense that this season will see us able to control posession a bit better and able to attack more effectively with Hernandez/Pukki and Rhodes in the team. 

Same as Bethnal but I''d have Tettey & Thompson in for Leitner & Trybull. Is Trybull carrying a knock? Granted Tettey didn''t have his best game against the Baggies but this game is made for him. What better type of game for Louis to learn from the master?!

Jamal most likely isn''t ready to be launched in at Bramall Lane so in a wing back formation, Marshall & Stiepermann look capable & solid. Godfrey has two warriors either side of him to help repel the onslaught. Front three picks itself. McLean, Leitner & Srbeny to slay the Sheffield dragon from 65mins on in true westcoastcanary game management style.

Cue Wilder rant about dirty tricks, time-wasting & the dark arts. 3 lovely points in the bag.

Lunchtime team news from @michaeljbailey

Tom Trybull back and available.

Kenny McLean picked up a ligament injury in midweek - out until the September international break.

Ivo Pinto out of Saturday with a stomach bug. as is Todd Cantwell

Jamal Lewis travels & is in Farke''s thoughts

Superman is not 100% but should be ok if selected

[quote user="Diane"]Lunchtime team news from @michaeljbailey

Tom Trybull back and available.

Kenny McLean picked up a ligament injury in midweek - out until the September international break.

Ivo Pinto out of Saturday with a stomach bug. as is Todd Cantwell

Jamal Lewis travels & is in Farke''s thoughts

Superman is not 100% but should be ok if selected[/quote]

How long has superman played for us Diane? Isn''t it a bit unfair having an alien with that speed and strength in our team!?

I think the top three stand out, Pukki, Rhodes and Onel, but I know it’s going to be knocked but for me I’d go with Godfrey & Thompson as our two central midfielders, both big units and both good with the ball too.

Trybull hasn’t really impressed that much.

But there’s goals in that front line.

Think Leitner is crucial for his passing range. He is probably Norwich’s most creative player since Maddison has left and can open up defences. Thompson, Tettey, Trybull etc just done have that ability.

If it is a two at the back then you’d want to see someone more combative in midfield with Leitner pushed further forward. But a three at the back, plus a combo of two from Tettey, Trybull, Thompson and Godfrey probably leaves the forward players too isolated from the midfield.

Interesting to see if he chucks Lewis in like he did first time around.

I suppose, but from where Pukki was playing against WBA he certainly linked the midfield with Rhodes and Onel, we were a little exposed in the second half.

But can see your point Beth.

If McLean is out then Leitner needs to start. Thompson/Trybull/Tettey will all be too negative as a combo, especially with a back three.

I''d like to see how Marshall does as a wingback rather than a fullback too.

Can’t see him playing Leitner and Trybull together in central mid – far far to light weight for me. With Pinto out and Lewis not up to speed I’m guessing its Steipermann at LB. Just Dan’s team would seem logical to me. Although Tetty was part at fault for the 2nd and 4th goals against WBA (there were others at least as culpable imo) I don’t think he had such a bad game as has been painted plus he’s the only proven DM we’re got (Thompson/Godfrey still unknown at this level). Going to be a tough game, especially with our FB issues; I’d settle for a point all day long. OTBC!

A massive shame Mclean got injured on Tuesday (still seething that the ref didn''t even book their player!!) as he changed the game and would definitely have been in my final XI today.

For me I''d go for;

Krul

Marshall Hanley Klose Lewis (Steipermann if not fit)

Tettey Trybull

Pukki Leitner Onel

Rhodes

Thompson played very well Tuesday, but I would imagine Farke would prefer Trybull for his defensive nous. Godfrey also played well, but then so did Zimm (aside of giving away the FK) so not sure he''s done anything special to warrant dropping Hanley, Klose or Trybull.