Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Preston Live on Sky

Watching SSN tonight noticed all Championship games next week including our home game against Preston are live on Sky via the red button. Don''t know whether this has been posted before but I haven''t seen it if it has. Obviously you need to be a Sky subscriber to access it. It seems all the midweek games will be live too.

From the Sky EFL Webpage:-

"There are eight rounds of midweek Sky Bet Championship matches this season and Sky Sports Football will broadcast matches live on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

And as part of a brand new service, Sky Sports viewers will be able to press the red button and watch live coverage of ANY of the matches being played.

That means you''ll be able to watch YOUR team live when they play in midweek, no matter which Sky Bet Championship club you support.

Subscribers will also be able to access the live matches via the Sky Sports app - and Soccer Special will also show the best moments from all of the games live on Sky Sports News"

Also noticed on the Canaries website the Match Centre for the Ipswich game is showing the live match option for £10. Great for everyone not lucky to have a ticket or near enough for the beam back at Carrow Road 😀

I get SkySports but via TalkTalk (they do an add-ons thing where you can add and remove additional channels monthly, and have great offers on Sky Sports and Sky Movies periodically. I''ve got movies for £5 per month and Sky sports for £8 per month - highly recommend). The downside is they don''t do red button either so I''ll be taking a trip to Germany with VPN airlines again for that one.

Thanks for this, I thought I had heard it somewhere, but it seemed a bit too good to be true. Good news indeed and my trips to France will be less often. 😉

[quote user="kick it off"]I get SkySports but via TalkTalk (they do an add-ons thing where you can add and remove additional channels monthly, and have great offers on Sky Sports and Sky Movies periodically. I''ve got movies for £5 per month and Sky sports for £8 per month - highly recommend). The downside is they don''t do red button either so I''ll be taking a trip to Germany with VPN airlines again for that one.[/quote]You shouldn''t actually need to worry about a VPN for this one. As Sky are showing it, I believe iFollow are also allowed to show it in UK (this applies to all midweek games, or games that fall outside of the "prime time" hours of footie ie: Sat and Sun)Plus, it will be available on various steaming services such as on Kodi due to the fact Sky are showing it in the first place.Good stuff. [<:o)]

This looks like a very good thing indeed and something I did look at the other night when the had Middlesbrough v Sheffield United on. One thing I noticed was they didn''t have any half time highlights or if I remember seemed to show a replay of the goal but a fantastic service especially as some of our midweek games include trips to Preston, Hull & Reading.

....I sometimes feel like a bit of an idiot for schlepping up to games: I need to take a half day and won''t get back until after 1am, but could just watch on my laptop.

ricardo wrote the following post at 17/08/2018 8:42 AM:

VW

"Will you be staying at Big Lugs Gite?😀 "
I woud be surprised if I didnt get an invitation.🐓

[quote user="BobLoz3"]You shouldn''t actually need to worry about a VPN for this one. As Sky are showing it, I believe iFollow are also allowed to show it in UK (this applies to all midweek games, or games that fall outside of the "prime time" hours of footie ie: Sat and Sun)Plus, it will be available on various steaming services such as on Kodi due to the fact Sky are showing it in the first place.Good stuff. [<:o)][/quote]
Aye but my account connects from VPN usually so it might be a bit suspect if I keep logging on from England when I can, then abroad when I can''t. I know they aren''t going to be watching too carefully but no point raising a red flag for the sake of it.

I reckon this is the beginning of a project where you’ll be able to buy a Sky season ticket for your own club...

Give it a couple of seasons.

Agree Leeds but may be more than a few years. Its law that there is tv blackout on 3pm saturday games at the mo. Not just rule change needes, it actually has to go through parliament.

It''s getting nearer by the season and is inevitable, imo.

As is my wont, I flicked through a streaming channel this morning (Cricfree tv) in the unlikelihood of City''s game appearing in the list.

No luck but I did notice that there were no less than 12 games from the English leagues being screened from some televised source or other today.

I believe that three were from the Championship.

[quote user="kick it off"]Agree Leeds but may be more than a few years. Its law that there is tv blackout on 3pm saturday games at the mo. Not just rule change needes, it actually has to go through parliament.[/quote]

Whilst this is completely true, does anyone know enough about the law as to whether it covers online streaming? In affect, if the game was streamed instead of being on TV is that a loophole?

It explains why it is only weekday games at the moment which can currently be shown though.