I can see where you''re coming from - but would it have been so clear cut after the first 6 games of last season?
The point I''m making is it took a while for Helveg & Jonson to settle in and make a real contribution. It''s only fair to allow Colin, Marney & Jarrett (the least impressive to date) the same time.
The main difference is that we expected to struggle last year & cut the players some slack whilst they adjusted to the Prem. It''s just as big a change to readjust to the Championship and bed in new players.

I''m finding it hard as hell to be patient with these results, but I''m backing players and coaches to get there soon (but they''d better not take 13 games this season before they win a game!!)

[quote]Green Helveg Fleming Shackell Drury Jonson Francis Safri Huckerby Ashton Mckenzie ------------------------------- Mckenzie Ashton Huckerby Safri Jarrett Marney Drury Shackell Fleming Colin Gre...[/quote]

Its patently obvious that we are looking at a change of just 3 players - Helveg, Jonson(Bentely) and Francis.  As such how can anyone call for time for the integration of just three players when some teams are organised with 5/6 new faces, or like the binners and completely new attacking line up??  

I think that supports the view that the issues are the longer ones long not being addressed bythe manager - defensive organisation, midfield cohesion and overall tactical approach/style of football.

OTBC 

[quote]Its patently obvious that we are looking at a change of just 3 players - Helveg, Jonson(Bentely) and Francis. As such how can anyone call for time for the integration of just three players when some ...[/quote]

I DO say integrating these three is causing us problems.

For a start, they are coming into units that were misfiring already, particularly the defence which looked hapless for most of last year. Gelling into a group which has trouble identifying its existing problems must be almost impossible - didn''t Colin look confused when Flem told him off for crossing the half-way line against Palace, then didn''t know what to do when Safri kept giving him the ball to run forward with? Who was he supposed to listen to? The Captain? The Playmaker?

In midfield the problem has been exacerbated by injuries and suspension. We''ve seen Brennan, Charlton, Huckerby, Safri, Hughes, Jarrett, Marney, McVeigh & Louis-Jean asked to make up a cohesive unit since the season kicked off and it was even worse in pre-season with Academy players asked to step in and help out!
How on earth are the coaches, or players, expected to deal with this kind of enforced mayhem? With Hucks suspended, yet another combination of these players will HAVE to be introduced. It''s not team tinkering IMO Worthy knows his preferred midfield line-up, he just hasn''t been given the opportunity to run with it at any point since last seasons dismal finish at Fulham.

In answer to another point ZLF, it''s a lot easier for ''the wrong end of the A140 lot'' to integrate a new strikeforce when the midfield all know each other. Anyway, didn''t they get a 0-4 home hiding this week? A worse result than any we''ve managed thus far! Usually teams who bring in 5/6 new players take time to get the best from them. Those who succeed instantly are the exception, not the rule.

Having said all that, it is a dreadful lash-up which needs sorting asap. I hope we do so during our enforced break and I will be all prepped to give the team some positive vibes when they run out at FCR against Plymouth. Hell, if Uri Geller can organise it through a red dot on the tele, we must be able to focus the doubtless MASSIVE Saturday lunchtime Sky audience in our favour!