Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Ultimately you get the club your support deserves

2nd away game of the season only 1100 bothered to turn up

Those that did were largely mute (me included)

The final indignity was after yet another humbling away defeat there were clapping the defeat like demented sea lions

Nobody is holding the under performing board to account, we all seem happy with the steady decline

I think a relegation again this year would be the best outcome that will be the catalyst for a resurgence under new And more competent ownership

They''ll get the message eventually Jim. Sadly it is likely to be when it''s too late! Farke still claims to be winning these games "on points" trailing out his ridiculous statistics as some kind of defence.

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0078pw1/night-of-the-living-dead[/url]
They''re back!!!!

I noticed the lack of noise today Jim - but the style of play sucks the life out of you. We are crap to watch at the moment.

It was awful.

But the terrible inevitability of it all prevents the enjoyment.

I was so close to not going today, due to the predictability of it all. I talked myself around, I wish I hadn’t.

Yes it was a last minute defeat, but the reality is we were fortunate not to be dead and buried by 60 minutes.

I''ve spent many an hour stood outside outside the city stand calling for manager and chairman heads because I believed it was for the good of the club.....but that was 20-25 years ago and don''t have the energy for it anymore.....this board is rotten , with its ''self funded '' model....it''s worse than mike ashley at Newcastle, the fact that it won''t entertain outside investment is deplorable and will hold us back and eventually make us completely uncompetitive when it comes to talking promotion...if indeed we aren''t already. We won''t always have a james maddison to bail us out financially every summer.

Delia and Co have got off lightly ....we were in the premier league for 4 out of 6 season and they f $$cked it up......don''t understand why there are no protests

Surprised it was as few as 1100 seemed like more. LDC, Utd could well have been out of sight after 20 mins. But yes felt all too predictable in the end. Tbf Farke hasn’t lost the away fans who still travel. But many have obviously simply given up. Things may well look different if we don’t win any of the next three I suspect.

Yes, and we created absolutely nothing in return? We didn''t hit the post, or force several decent saves? The defeat was harsh on us, as it was last week.

The small margins change games and seasons. If you’re striker is slightly better, it goes in and doesn’t hit the post, or one of those efforts flicks the keeper’s finer tips instead of his palm and carries on into the net.

In a one off game, those small things going against you is one of those things. When it happens more regularly, it suggests the players aren’t good enough to make those small moments count.

If the individuals aren’t good enough, the only way you’ll have success is investing in better individuals or setting the team up in a way where you make the percentages work in your favour (keep it tight at the back, play to your best players’ strengths - hit the wings early or get it over the top for your pacey striker early etc, utilise set plays and so on).

Even if you suggest Farke isn’t to blame for the quality of the individuals (which will depend on how much say he has in the transfer dealings and how much money he is backed with), a good manager makes the most out of his squad, he doesn’t try and make the squad do things it can’t do.

"a good manager makes the most out of his squad, he doesn’t try and make the squad do things it can’t do. "

This is a perfect summary for me.

[quote user="Van wink"]
I think a relegation again this year would be the best outcome that will

be the catalyst for a resurgence under new And more competent ownership 
With all the accounts you''ve got you should, if only occasionally, get something right Chubs👍

[/quote]

Are you happy with the balance of the squad this season with all those black players in the team? It must be grinding on you? I bet you were we''ll pleased tommy Robinson got released

I actually believe that the tremendous loyalty that supporters devote to this Club is unique and deserves much more than this rubbish that is dished up week in,week out

Unfortunately that same loyalty is taken advantage of and abused with an assumption that it will always be there come what may. Sadly that attitude is encouraged by some of the ''individuals'' on here!

Our fan base is too nice and too brainwashed by the cult of Delia and her cronies. As long as they turn up to the off quiz night or show their faces in the pub before an away game they can do no wrong in the eyes of many of our fans. Many of the slightly older more militant fans have faded away having becomes disillusioned leaving this nice, happy clappy brigade more holding sway.

Because of this it takes forever for the fans to turn when doing badly and even when they are unhappy many favs won’t ever say anything to the boards face and just shake their hands or swoon at their feet so they think they have a mandate to continue (although the times interview showed they don’t really care if they do anyway).

Jimbo''s rant today is against the fans.

So that''s the owners, the board, the management, the team and now the fans who aren''t worthy of his magnificent support.

Worthy! Now there''s a thought.....

[quote user="Jim Bell"][quote user="Van wink"]
I think a relegation again this year would be the best outcome that will

be the catalyst for a resurgence under new And more competent ownership 
With all the accounts you''ve got you should, if only occasionally, get something right Chubs👍

[/quote]

Are you happy with the balance of the squad this season with all those black players in the team? It must be grinding on you? I bet you were we''ll pleased tommy Robinson got released[/quote]

How ironic, Waveney accusing somebody of being a racist while using an avatar of a character who is portrayed as being socially incapable and with mental health problems.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother''s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?!