Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

We've only had three games!

Two of those were away and the home match was against probably the strongest team in the division (7-1 today).

We could have won all three games too with good chances created in every game. I know it''s not any compensation for losing today, but things can turn very quickly at this stage of the season with a good result or two.

Things to work on for sure, but win on Wednesday and it will kick start the season.

We could have won all three games too with good chances created in every game.

I love this argument. I could have won the lottery if only I’d picked the right numbers...

Only three games, yet we''ve conceded 8 goals already.

LDC do we forget last season that told us a lot about Farke ? how if we play 5 at the back with 2 holding DM''s we starve all attacking threat that we have and the goals dry up like last season

i am giving him 10 games still like i said at the start but someone stated it is now 15 wins in 49 games that is not the standard NCFC should be happy with

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Seem to be scoring better almost thanks to Rhodes but defence is dire.[/quote]
More thanks to that cheap foreigner Hernandez. Involved in every single league goal we''ve scored this season.

[quote user="lake district canary"]but win on Wednesday and it will kick start the season.[/quote]
While other teams kick started their season 3 weeks ago and already have 7, 8 or 9 points more than us.
Why did we not kick start our season when the season started LDC?

Its all about fine margins. We can look decent some of the time but we struggle at the important parts of the game. We miss good chances and concede goals that we shouldn''t. That is not bad luck that is being low in quality in the vital areas of the game.

A couple of wins and confidence could help to sort out the problem but it needs to come soon before it is too late.

Enough now,it didn''t work so it''s time to move on.

It’s not about top six, it’s about survival first, then push on to get as high up the table as possible!

We’re on a very tight budget, new squad, decent enough for this league but just not good enough to push top 6.

Lakey’s right, we could have had 5 points on the board, fine margins mean we missed out, but Preston are beatable, then a point against Leeds and we’ll be well away from the bottom.

''It’s not about top six, it’s about survival first, then push on to get as high up the table as possible!"

Fuck me, that''s something else.

I''m with norfolkngood, let''s get into the season a bit more before getting too worked up. A couple of wins makes a huge difference at this stage of the season and we have two home games coming up to show our desire and resilience. Certainly makes Wednesday a bit more important - win that and it sets us up for Leeds. One point from nine is a rocky start, but let''s see where we are after the next two.

Kings where did we finish last season? 14 th, since then we’ve sold 40 million of our best talent, bought in 6 million roughly, just what we’re you expecting?

Top 6 was never the first target, enough points to stay up then build on! It’s pretty damn clear really!

Not sure about that. Even losing Maddison I think we have a much better overall squad this season.
The fact they''ve agreed to spend quite a lot of money on and older loan player in Rhodes tells me they''re not just targeting midtable.

Somebody better tell Farke then because he doesn''t seem to know top from bottom.

Sorry but how many times has Rhodes been promoted?

I’m not certain but I think you’re putting far too much pressure after losing 25 goals from Murphy / Maddison not to mention no Oliviera.

I’m not sure Rhodes / Pukki / Onel are better than we had last year, I’d say that’s why they are cheap, but all look capable of doing a decent job.

"Sorry Lakey. But (like often) you think you are right, but you are wrong."

I don''t think I am right, I''m just saying how it is. Three games is no time at all, especially the ones we have had. The problem is other teams don''t just roll over in this league and yes we will have to play better. The difference between the doom casters and me is that I think we can play better and probably will.

We’ve had 4 games and let’s not forget we struggled to beat Stevenage in the other.

Have to give Farke a little more time. However All this but we could of had this many points business means nothing. A team that loses when it playing well and loses when it plays poorly ends up in one place.

LDC to a certain extent. That completely different team still played how Farke wants his teams to play and consequently struggled to beat a league 2 team.