Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Let's get one thing straight.

Our current predicament isn''t caused by Farke. Sacking him, or retaining him for that matter, isn''t going to resolve the current downward trajectory that we''re clearly on. And anyone who can''t see we''re in a decline must be in denial.

The problems began the moment Bowkett left, quickly followed by McNally. Delia and Michael are not football people and every decision they''ve taken since then illustrates this. And not satisfied with their own incompetence, they''ve recruited other non-footballing people to the Board which has led us to this inevitable point.

The opportunities that Delia and Michael have wasted is unforgivable imo. Lambert. Back to back promotions. Alex Neil''s performance to get us promoted and then no financial backing which was critical that summer. The Bowkett and McNally dreamtime. 4 seasons of premiership money. Parachute payments. All wasted.

Now we have Delia and Ed Balls. It''s an absolute joke. And Webber has done nothing since he''s arrived to give me any level of confidence that he''s not been promoted way above his level of ability. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he''s interviewed and has zero charisma.

Given the circumstances he''s currently operating in, I''ve no idea whether Farke''s any good or not, but I do know that our current decline is symptomatic of some longstanding and deep seated issues. Delia should go. Or have the decency to sack the current Board and call McNally and beg him to come back.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/former-norwich-city-chief-executive-david-mcnally-slams-canaries-1-5554958

I do agree with the OP here but I also do think we still have a decent squad and if the coach/manager could get them to defend properly we could do quite well.

GJL, presumably you would be happy to spend any remaining transfer budget from the sales of Madders and Murphy for all these changes ?

Alex Neil was backed financially. Targetting and buying, in hindsight, the wrong players was where it went wrong.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Delia and Michael are more "football people" than the vast majority of owers in the top two divisions.[/quote]
[Y]
How many years do people have to work in the football ''industry'' before they become ''football people''?

We could never be 100% certain but as things stand I am inclined to pinpoint the coach as being the main reason for our moderate achievement over the last season or so.

We could all delve into the management structure as a whole or even the incompetence and financially limited majority shareholders ("owners") but we are not yet near enough to the cliff edge for that.

The easiest "fix" is to unload the coach and if results persist the way they have started then this will eventually become obvious as being the right thing to do.

Whilst not being entirely convinced by Webber I do not feel that he has made too bad a job of things.

The squad has been more or less pruned of the under-achieving big earners, the German punt was quite well perceived and I seem to remember quite well-received by the fans.

I feel that the Summer business has been decent and quite forward thinking. Maddison could not be forced to remain,whilst the money we received for the Murphy twins was more than I ever expected. Josh had one of his all to infrequent ''stormers'' yesterday, but we all know he won''t repeat it regularly.

The next step is a replacement coach if the team is seen to be failing this season. Changing anything else is more complicated and will be as difficult as removing a wisdom tooth.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]GJL, presumably you would be happy to spend any remaining transfer budget from the sales of Madders and Murphy for all these changes ?[/quote]

If it sets us on the right path ...then absolutely

Infact I couldn''t think of a better way of spending this money.

....the manager is THE most important person at any football.

Spot on Herman. Naismith was very much Neil''s man, and we''re still enjoying the financial repercussions of that.

Naismith was signed in January. Along with Klose. My point was, we needed investment in the summer and Alex Neil surely deserved the opportunity after his mercurial performance the season before and whilst the club was on a major up-swing. Talk about missed opportunity.

Naismith has been an unmitigated disaster. Who would have predicted that? He looked like a sensible signing at the time.

As for Delia being a footballing person, Delia is not. She is, IMO an extremely passionate football fan. Massive respect to her for investing most of her cash in the club. Incredible. But her decision making and football know-how has been exposed as farcical countless times. Confusing her political persuasions and family loyalty at the expense of the welfare of the club being good examples. McNally and Bowkett saved her bacon and Ed Balls is taking us backwards. Fast.

As for replacing the coach, I understand the logic, however, why should only Farke take the fall? Why not Webber? Farke is Webber''s man. Why not Balls? Webber is Ball''s man?

We''re in deep shit.

Change will need to be both immediate and strategic

Near time change Farke out Lambert in

Longer term Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

I have been saying it for sometime now and finally the penny is dropping with some of our fans with a much lower IQ than myself

[quote user="Jim Bell"]Change will need to be both immediate and strategic

Near time change Farke out Lambert in

Longer term Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

I have been saying it for sometime now and finally the penny is dropping with some of our fans with a much lower IQ than myself[/quote]
Is that even possible?

[quote user="Herman"]
[quote user="nutty nigel"]Delia and Michael are more "football people" than the vast majority of owers in the top two divisions.[/quote]
[Y]
How many years do people have to work in the football ''industry'' before they become ''football people''?
[/quote]

How many years do you have to owe a football club before you stop making the same mistakes over and over again?

I would get the lincoln city Managers in grit and passionate know the lower leagues inside out to sign some gems we have a scouting network now to help out in the overseas players

Webber has now sorted out the infrastructure out at the training ground etc and we must know his other plans for the future so now he is not needed

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]GJL, presumably you would be happy to spend any remaining transfer budget from the sales of Madders and Murphy for all these changes ?[/quote] lmao or what spend it on more 3rd rate Germans who are not fit to play in the Championship . Things won’t improve until the Smith family is removed they are killing this club .

We have changed and improved the attacking line up over the window despite 30m in sales. Most appeared happy with the window and farke has coached that in.

The back line also needed addressing, esp aerial weaknesses and cross stopping but was left untouched either due to comfort with what we had or lack of funds.

Farke tightened the back line last season, time to see of he can again and for us to continue to create the number of good match winning chances that our forwards are not taking.

Be interesting to see the line up for Wednesday night. Would not be at all surprised to see 2 changes, Out going Tettey and Klose, in coming Godfrey/Thompson and Zimmerman/Godfrey.