Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

How much longer.....

Marshall is an absolute shocker of a right back, hardly better than Russell Martin. Continue with him in that position and we are going to struggle against any team.

Why is that the. king? Surely it’s a package deal? Webber buys and sells the players, Farke only coaches the players, he’s not a manager!

So as far as I’m concerned Webber has to take huge blame if the players aren’t good enough!

I’d keep Farke, I’ve got a lot of time for his football, it’s better than most say it is, he’s been forced to work with a weaker standard of player than we’ve had in ten years......

I believe the fans just think this lot are as good as the squad which got us promoted under Alex Neil. There’s a huge gulf in this squad and what we had four years ago.

Utterly depressing. New season, same problems.

Our defence is pathetic, and Farke and Webber have failed to sort it. Ben Marshall is an attacking midfielder...and is wasted at right back. The lad was dynamite for Millwall I’m an advanced role last season, and a major reason for their end of season form. Klose simply isn’t cut out for the physical nature of this league yet still gets selected. Pinto is too attacking, and none of our so called defenders bar Hanley can actually execute the basics requirements of a defender.

In midfield, we persist with Tettey. A player on the demise and one without Pre-season fitness. Louis Thompson played preseason and impressed. Why on earth is Farke not starting him?

Up top we look better. But that’s not difficult, Oliveria was completely demotivated last season and even Ricky V W would have improved us this season . Having said that, it’s completely irrelevant when we can’t do the basics at the back.

It’s another scatter gun approach to a transfer window from Webber, and Farke continues to show complete incompetence with regard to team selection and tactics.

The only player coming out with any real credit is Hernandez, but let’s face it, he’ll be actively sold in January of this form continues.

It’s a truely awful and depressing start to the season. Theres more than a fair chance we head to Ipswich winless, and then what if finally defeated?

Like the club throughout, this team has a soft underbelly.

Farke isn''t the problem

It''s our owners and their deluded view that we can compete as a self funded club

As attendances dwindle revenue will dwindle and the quality drops

Their lack of commercial nouse is dragging the club into terminal decline

[quote user="Jim Bell"]Farke isn''t the problem

It''s our owners and their deluded view that we can compete as a self funded club

As attendances dwindle revenue will dwindle and the quality drops

Their lack of commercial nouse is dragging the club into terminal decline[/quote]

Jim, Farke is part of the problem. Some of his team selections are indefensible.

@indy

No it isn''t remotely a package deal. Just like when we sacked Hughton it didn''t mean McNally needed to go.

Farke is simply a head coach that Webber hired.

Webber has been tasked with overhauling the academy, scouting network, medical department and the first team squad. The role of a Sporting Director is broad and you can''t honestly tell if he''s doing a good or bad job in those areas for a few years yet.

Farke has a much smaller a more simple remit- get the first team delivering. His job is to get the most out of the players he has and I''m not sure he''s doing that.

Look at our performers so far this season- Hernandez, Pukki and Rhodes, all found and signed by Webber. Two of the top 3 players of last season were Webber signings (Gunn and Hanley).

My opinion is Webber has assembled a decent squad under some very difficult circumstances and a better manager would get more from them. I''m not saying their top of the table quality but individually I think they are better than what we''ve seen so far.

So if Farke fails it doesn''t follow that Webber has to go and it is nonsense to suggest it does.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Gawd there''s some tripe on here tonight.   We''re three games in, the season has only just started and some of you are talking as if it''s already over. Get a grip!
[/quote]

How ironically short sighted.

Look at Farke and Webber’s performances holistically ffs.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Gawd there''s some tripe on here tonight.   We''re three games in, the season has only just started and some of you are talking as if it''s already over. Get a grip!
[/quote]
Now now Lakey, let the moaning minnies have their misery wallowing, its at times like this they flood the forum with their tripe which somehow makes them feel better.
For the record, i am optimistic for our season, we are not so far away  now from being a side that will produce the points  much more than these lot think. Farke out?...ridiculous.

Norwich has become a vanity project for the stowmarket duo

They are clinging onto the ownership of the club for dear life not because they think they are the right owners but purely for their own prestige

Steve Stone confirmed at the fans forum that they haven''t even appointed investment bankers to try and drum up new capital for the business

It''s all very amateurish and depressing

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in

[quote user="Essjayess"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]
Now now Lakey, let the moaning minnies have their misery wallowing, its at times like this they flood the forum with their tripe which somehow makes them feel better.
For the record, i am optimistic for our season, we are not so far away  now from being a side that will produce the points  much more than these lot think. Farke out?...ridiculous.
[/quote]

Based on what? 1 point in 9, following a poor end to last season. How can you reasonably have confidence? Any sane person at least has serious doubts.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The biggest problem at the club is the owners, all else flows from their delusion/selfish attitude.

Farke has pros and cons and I can see some signs of progress in our attacking game but he has consistently been unable to get a back 4 to defend properly, particularly from crosses where our marking system appears flawed. In the championship that will undermine anything good you do because teams will punish it.[/quote]

Don''t be silly Jim... We are the only business were the people who own it are not responsible at all... Get with the programme ...

Well Kingo we’ll disagree on Webber just how many players has he bought in? How many actually an improvement on those departed?

Onel has indeed started superbly this season, but he has to continue his form as he & Pukki appear to be our outstanding players, yet we’ve not won a league game yet.

Our defence hasn’t improved, some players signed last year for decent money gone back out on loans again. Others not showing much improvement.

For me it was sold as a package the Huddersfield model, but Huddersfield weren’t bothered to lose Webber in fact some threads on the Huddersfield forum at the time were happy to see him gone!

Like I said I like Farke, imagine what he could have done with a decent squad assembled!

To sack Farkein my book means Webber has failed.

That said I don’t want either gone, I think we’ll be ok and will keep our heads mid table.

Perhaps we need to remember just how much quality we have lost in three two summers!

The unthinkable of a defeat at Scum HQ in a couple of weeks Jim and it will be much worse but that surely will see Farke gone unless of course Delia,Webber et al see it as part of the project ?

The inevitable question.......who the feck would you want in and who would want it?

Do you just let it continue then Indy and close your eyes,cross your fingers and hope it all comes good ?

I’m sorry Til, but I don’t see it as others do, I don’t think Farke is to blame, the club bought in Webber

, he’s in charge of the playing staff as I’m lead to believe, he decided to sell Murphy this summer, cashed in, we’ve bought in a few players who are championship standard, no better and we’re expecting Farke to do better than last season.

So the club make in excess of 25 million pounds profit, get the fans to cough up 3 & 1/2 million to find Colney revamp and fans blame poor old Farke.

It’s a project highlighted by Balls, bought in by the current owners and it’s not working.......where do you lay the blame Til?

In three seasons we’ve ripped the guts out of this squad, bought in cheaper players and fans expect top 6.......we finished 14 th last season with better players.

I must say, massive coincidence seeing Lincoln return to the forum tonight. Its almost as if..

Our job isn''t to identify a replacement manager .....that''s the job of the club directors who have access to information such as the wage structure available and potential appliclicants and interested parties that we don''t. ........what we can do as fans with all the years experience we have watching this game is identify when it isn''t working for a current manager and when a change is required.

How can it be sold as a package deal when one was appointed about 3 months before the other?

Also he''s not a magician- if you''re complaining he''s not improved the team then your issue is with the owners who have decided on this model. Webber has has to cut the wage bill, make significant profits and overhaul the squad. He''s not a magician. If you sell £20m and spent £10m like we did last season you''re unlikely to see wholesale improvements.

Gunn, Hanley, Zimmerman, Trybull, Leitner, Pukki, Hernandez and Rhodes are all good signings made by Webber.

You just seem to fundamentally not understand the role of a sporting director.

What you have said Indy is right but it will be Farke''s head on the block as Delia appointed Balls who in turn appointed Webber who got in Farke. Which one of those four do you really think will be the fall guy for this continual downgrading of our club ? 
It is just so depressing and this self funding model will only see us heading in one direction.

And you just made the cake for Farke, Kingo!

Exactly that, you buy a Budget ford, you can’t expect to compete with a high end BMW, no matter how good your mechanic is!

Til, I’ve been saying what you’ve just said since our demise, everyone on here knows my view on the current owners, I’d love to see new ownership not for shed loads of money just to re-energise this stale club.

Self sufficient model would be great in a proper FFP set up, but football isn’t and for the foreseeable future going to be rewarding to that view, those with money will always be at an advantage.

Maybe it’s time to change topto bottom........never happen, so for me keep as we are, give it this season to stabilise and build from next year onwards.

No I didn''t.

I don''t expect Farke to be leading this team to the top 2. I expect him to be getting more out of them than he is though.

As I''ve said before Webber has assembled a pretty impressive squad under serious financial constraints. Farke just isn''t using them well. Marshall is a winger yet Farke insists on using him at right back despite having other options there. Tettey barely featured in preseason yet has started every league game this season despite struggling at times. The insistance on using this 4-1-4-1 formation despite it having not worked last season either.

So Kingo, why did Webber buy players not fitting into Farkes preferred system when he knew how we would set up? Why buy Marshall?

Maybe it’s not as clear cut as just changing Farke, maybe it’s why Huddersfield’s chose to get rid and let Wagner lose.

You''re just rewriting history now- Huddersfield didn''t ''chose to get rid'' we poached him from them.

Why buy Marshall? Because Farke used a back 3 quite a bit last season and having a player who can play multiple positions is always useful at this level. He could happily fit into Farkes system further forward or as a wingback.